Follow these simple tips to reduce paperboard and cardboard waste from both packaging and shipping boxes:
- Discuss packaging reduction with vendors who regularly deliver supplies and materials. Determine whether paperboard packaging can be reduced or eliminated. If your suppliers use waxed cardboard, discuss switching to unwaxed boxes, which are recyclable.
- Request that vendors consolidate deliveries to minimize the number of boxes that must be managed for recycling.
- Purchase supplies in bulk or concentrates where possible, to reduce the amount of packaging necessary.
- Reuse boxes for outgoing shipments, internal deliveries, or storing supplies.
- Make sure to recycle your corrugated cardboard and paperboard.
back to top | back to agency tips | back to business tips