The items listed below are considered covered electronic equipment (CEE) by the NYS Electronic Equipment Recycling and Reuse Act. Therefore, these items are eligible for free collection through manufacturer take back programs and will be banned from disposal starting 2015.
- Computers (including items such as tablets and e-readers)
- Televisions (as well as cathode ray tubes)
- Small Scale Servers
- Computer Peripherals*
- Electronic Keyboards
- Electronic Mice or Similar Pointing Devices
- Facsimile Machines**
- Document Scanners**
- TV Peripherals*
- Digital Video Recorders
- DVD Players
- Digital Converter Boxes
- Cable or Satellite Receivers
- Electronic or Video Game Consoles
- Portable Devices*
- Portable Digital Music Players
- Tablets (considered a computer)
- E-readers (considered a computer)
See information about other equipment not listed.
*Computer peripherals, TV peripherals, and Portable devices also include any cable, cord, or wiring permanently affixed to or incorporated into such product.
**Only those intended for use with a computer and weighing less than 100 lbs.
back to top | back to electronics take-back programs | back to electronics recycling