If you are in an apartment building with four or more units you may be eligible to participate in an educational program sponsored by Sanitation to improve your building’s recycling practices.
- Live in, work in, or manage a residential building with four or more units.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be willing to work cooperatively with building management to enhance recycling within the building.
How to Enroll
If you meet the eligibility requirements, submit an online enrollment form to apply. Sanitation staff will contact you directly if you are admitted to the program.
How the Program Works
- You attend training sessions: Training sessions are held at the Sanitation office in downtown Manhattan, where you’ll receive information about what to recycle and how to set up an effective recycling program in your building. View upcoming events for training dates.
- Site visits: Trained Sanitation staff will visit your building to observe current recycling set up and practices.
- Personalized recommendations: Based on the site visit, Sanitation staff will provide suggestions to improve recycling in your building.
For more information read the Apartment Building Recycling Initiative brochure (PDF).