The New York City Housing Authority is authorized by federal law to require families receiving Section 8 subsidy to verify their reported income. This will ensure that federal funds are spent in a fair manner. You may request an interim recertification if you have any change in income or expenses, or if there is a change in family composition during the year. Contact the Customer Contract Center at 718-707-7771 or visit your Borough Office to obtain an Interim Change form. The Interim Change form provides instruction for submission.
- receives an increase in pay from their present job which is greater than $2,400.00 per year,
- previously unemployed and obtains employment,
- previously received Public Assistance benefits and obtains new employment,
- previously received Unemployment benefits and obtains new employment,
- previously received Workman’s compensation and obtains new employment,
- a full-time student who obtains employment
Section 8 tenants were notified of NYCHA’s new policy concerning the reporting of increases in income via letter. See the letter below and translations of the letter in Spanish, Chinese and Russian.