New York City Housing Authority

Translate this Page Printer Friendly Format Sign-up for NYCHA Newsletter
Performing Community Service

Performing Community Service

Where to find Qualifying Community Service Activities

Residents required to perform Community Service need to submit verification (proof) that they have performed the neccesary services. Please download and complete the form below and have signed where service is performed. All forms must be submitted to your Property Mangement Office by the time of your annual review. A copy for your own records is suggested.

Verification Form: Spanish (short-form) - Russian (short-form)

You may perform Community Service with NYCHA or any federal, state or municipal agency, or for any community or faith-based organization. All NYCHA resident association activities are Community Service eligible. You can find activities at your development below:

NYCHA also has citywide Green and Economic Self-Sufficiency Activities that can be found below::

In addition, you can find opportunities:

  • On the internet
  • By calling 3-1-1 the NYC Citizen Service Center

Residents can also perform service for groups not listed above. If there is any question about whether the service can be credited as Community Service it is advised that residents ask their Property Management Office.

Community Service Requirement
Exemptions from Community Service
Community Service Credits
Community Service Forms