President George Washington Houses consists of 14 buildings, 12 and 14-stories tall with 1,510 apartments housing some 3,479 residents.
Washington Houses has a $52 million unmet need for capital improvements over the next 5 years.
Proposed Land Lease Site(s)
Third Avenue & East 99th Street Site
- Site Area: 57,000 SF
- New Construction: 500,000 SF (Approximately)
- 919 New Apartments*
East 99th Street Site
- Site Area: 16,000 SF
- New Construction: 350,000 SF (Approximately)
Current Uses on Land Lease Sites
- 36 Parking Spaces
- Union Settlement Community Center
- Centerlight Health Care
- Landscaped Area
Note: NYCHA will relocate current occupants (Union Settlement Community Center & Centerlight Health Care) within Washington Houses or neighboring NYCHA development with minimal disruption to services.
Benefits for Washington Houses Residents
- Preference for new low-income apartments
- Emergency power generation for critical building systems
- Temporary and permanent job opportunities
- Enhanced security for development
Submit Your Comment on NYCHA's Land Lease Plan
*Figures for proposed floor area and residential units are estimates only and are subject to revision.