Max Meltzer Tower on Manhattan's Lower East Side is a 20-story building exclusively for seniors with 230 apartments housing an estimated 246 residents.
Meltzer Tower has a $10.5 million unmet need for capital building improvements over the next 5 years.
Proposed Development on Land Lease Site(s)
East 1st Street Site
- Site Area: 13,000 SF (Approximate)
- New Construction: 121,500 SF of Residential Floor Area (Approximate)
- 18,500 SF of Commercial Floor Area (Approximate)
- 97 New Apartments*
Current Uses on Land Lease Site(s)
Benefits for Meltzer Tower Residents
- Redesigned Central Plaza with resident participation
- Preference for new low-income apartments
- Emergency power generation for critical building systems
- Temporary and permanent job opportunities
- Enhanced security for development
Submit Your Comment on NYCHA's Land Lease Plan
*Figures for proposed floor area and residential units are estimates only and are subject to revision.