Pedro Albizu Campos Plaza I & II are located on Manhattan’s Lower East Side and houses 1,219 residents.
Campos Plaza has $27.2 million of unmet capital needs over the next 5 years.
Proposed Development on Land Lease Site(s)
East 12th Street Site
- Site Area: 26,122 SF (Approximate)
- New Construction: 90,000 SF of Residential Floor Area (Approximate)
- 97 New Apartments*
Note: 20% of proposed residential units will be available to households at or BELOW 60% of Area Median Income (AMI)**
Current Uses on Land Lease Site(s)
Note: NYCHA will continue to provide parking spaces for all NYCHA residents with a current legal parking permit.
Benefits for Campos Plaza Residents
- Central Plaza redesign with resident consultation
- Preference for new low-income apartments
- Emergency power generation for critical building systems
- Temporary and permanent job opportunities
- Enhanced security for development
Submit Your Comment on NYCHA's Land Lease Plan
*Figures for proposed floor area and residential units are estimates only and are subject to revision.
**Area Median Income (AMI) is a statistic that the federal government uses to determine how much a household can make in order to rent an apartment. AMI is regionally specific meaning that all of New York City has the same levels of what is affordable. Family size also helps determine AMI. The more people in a household the higher the income threshold is. In this case, 60% of AMI is the threshold level (as determined by the federal government). That means that for a household of four must make LESS than $51,540 total in order to qualify for this specific apartment.