NYCHA DOES - 2010 Annual Report
The Annual Report theme- “NYCHA DOES” –underscores our ability to deliver results for the New Yorkers we serve- our customers- and quantifies how we do so. “NYCHA DOES” also makes a statement, answers questions, and provides a framework for discovery in that NYCHA does much more than many of our constituents expect. The concept uses a simple yet active and bold construct to illustrate not only what NYCHA does (to fulfill its mission to provide, preserve, and protect affordable housing), but also that:
- NYCHA does more (providing access to a host of social services and community programs);
- NYCHA does it effectively
- NYCHA does it innovatively (via new funding models, new partnerships that facilitate training and employment of residents)
- NYCHA does impact all New Yorkers (as an economic engine that is a job creator, service provider and consumer that impacts neighborhoods and local businesses; sustainability, open space, infrastructure );
- Importantly, NYCHA does represent the best of New York through the diversity and richness of our employees and residents
The Faces of NYCHA
The 2010 Annual Report marks the first time NYCHA has captured the photographic images and stories of resident families inside the NYCHA apartments they call home. All of the photos in the report feature NYCHA residents and staff at developments across the city. And a web-only feature depicts profiles on these residents and employees and a peek into why NYCHA is important to them.
NYCHA Cannot Do It Without You
In addition to providing a more intimate look at the people who run and rely upon NYCHA daily, the Annual Report also issues a clear call to action that acknowledges the current assault on public housing and the urgent need for the collective support, resources and commitment of partners (including residents) to help sustain this vital resource. The Annual Report also establishes the need for, and upcoming rollout of NYCHA’s long term strategic roadmap, which is expected to be published toward the end of the year.