New York City Housing Authority


Translate this Page Printer Friendly Format Sign-up for NYCHA Newsletter
Guide to Development

BRACETTI PLAZA
Managed From Lower East Side
251 East 3rd Street/290 East 4th Street
New York, NY 10009
(212) 529-8340 Fax (212) 477-3029


Street Boundaries
Avenue C/Avenue B
East 3rd St./East 4th St.
Subway Lines
F to Second Avenue – follow M21 bus directions below
J, M to Delancy Street
L to First Avenue
Bus Lines
M21 to Avenue C and East 3rd Street
M9 to 4th Street and Avenue B – walk down to end of block
M14 to 5th Street and Avenue D – walk to Avenue C

NAMED AFTER: MARIANA BRACETTI (1825 – 1903) – The legendary woman known as "Arms of Gold," is believed to have crafted the first Puerto Rican flag known as the Boriquas Latin Cross, the First Flag. It was designed by Dr. Ramon Emeterio Betances and handcrafted by Bracetti. It was the first flag ever created on the island of Borinquen. Today the flag remains as the Puerto Rican symbol of revolution and independence. Bracetti Plaza is in Manhattan.
SITE STATISTICS AND DESCRIPTION:
Mariana Bracetti Plaza is a 7-story building on 1.02-acres on Manhattan's Lower East Side and has 108 apartments housing some 312 residents. Completed May 31, 1974 it is located between East 3rd and East 4th Streets, between Avenues B and C.