Call the Customer Contact Center (CCC) at (718) 707-7771 for all maintenance emergencies in your apartment or in a public space. Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency repairs. Call the CCC to schedule an appointment for routine maintenance repairs in your apartment Monday through Friday, from 6am to midnight.
You can help Customer Service Representatives, who take the call, serve you better by providing the following information:
• Your name, address, telephone number and the name of the development in which you live
• Location of the emergency: apartment, lobby, hallway, stairwell, etc.
• The floors affected
• When and how the problem began
• Previous work ticket number (if applicable)
While the development offices are closed, the CCC will contact the appropriate NYCHA staff or other governmental agencies to make sure emergencies are addressed, but once the situation is stabilized the repairs are referred to the development where the resident lives for follow-up action on the next working day. Please use the lists below as a guide when reporting emergencies.
• Danger or potential danger to life or limb caused by a maintenance problem
• Explosions / Fires (Fire Department must also be notified)
• Gas Leaks
• Elevators out of order
• Power failures and apartments without electricity
• Main sewer and stack stoppages
• Apartment door and door knobs not working
• Toilet stoppages
• Heat and hot water complaints
Non- Emergencies-Staff will not respond after-hours to the following:
• Lock out service or lock repairs involving residents' personal locks*
• Household sink, basin or bathtub stoppages*
• Toilet Stoppages after 11:30 pm
• Drain pipe leaking (Do not run water through pipe)
• Refrigerators that are out of order
• Installation of fuses or resetting of circuit breakers
• Retrieval of wallets, keys, money, etc. from elevator or compactor shafts*
• Toilet tanks that are out of order
• Stove ticking
• Noisy compactors
• Stoves, water lines, electricity, etc. previously shutdown by the Fire Dept., Con Edison, Keyspan Energy or your Development.