One of the pillars of NYCHA’s new model is a commitment to connecting residents to high-quality educational resources that will open doors to new careers and employment opportunities.
The Broadband Technology Opportunities Program (BTOP) is an education and job readiness program for NYCHA residents 13 years and older that will provide access to computers and educational activities based on broadband technology.
Participants will receive the following:
- Computer Training for Adults
- General Education Diploma (GED) Preparation
- Test Prep & Remediation
- Job Readiness Training for Adults
- Sound & Music Engineering for Teens
- Teen Exploration/Web Design
BTOP is available at the following NYCHA Community Centers:
To enroll, please contact NYCHA’s Educational Services Unit at 212-306-3563 or 212-306- 3518.
Click here for the registration form
YouCanToo!, launched by the Mayor’s Office of Adult Education and the New York City Council in Fall 2011, is a network where adult learners can help each other succeed. Through YouCanToo!, you can:
- Get informed by checking out the resources on the YouCanToo! website.
- Get motivated by watching videos of other learners who faced similar challenges and have found solutions that work.
- Give back by making your own video, sharing your story, and showing others howYouCanToo!