The Business Solution Technology department is seeking a Maximo System Administrator to support the Infrastructure Management System (IMS) at NYCHA. A key component of the IMS is the Maximo Enterprise Asset Management System (EAM), a work management system that utilizes work and asset management system technology to maximize the performance of NYCHA’s construction and maintenance workforce. The selected candidate will ensure regulatory compliance of all inspection requirements; play a major role in end-user support, ongoing development, and the implementation and support of Maximo 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199. Responsibilities include, but are not be limited to the following:
- Manage Maximo EAM System administration and configuration modules; workflow development and administration.
- Serve as primary contact for Maximo EAM System Users and IT support.
- Assist in adding, modifying and granting access to Maximo EAM System.
- Work with IT to apply, test and verify fixes/patches to Maximo EAM System.
- Support Maximo EAM System Upgrade Projects.
- Identify and communicate Maximo EAM System defects to vendor and/or IT.
- Make basic modifications to Maximo EAM System screens using a screen editor on demand.
- Archive and restore data; support and maintain Maximo EAM System reports; run queries and create ad hoc reports.
- Monitor Maximo EAM System performance; troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Serve as liaison between vendor and Maximo EAM System Users to resolve issues.
- Support all Maximo environments, including testing, development, pre-prod, training and production.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by 24 semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and two years of satisfactory full-time computer software experience in computer systems development and analysis, applications programming, database administration, systems programming, data communication, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
- A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six years of satisfactory full-time computer software experience as described in “1” above, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to “1”or”2” above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in “2” above on the basis that
60 semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. A masters degree in computer science or a related computer field may be substituted for one year of required experience in “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and at least one year of satisfactory full-time experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project.
To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level IV, in addition to the Qualification Requirements stated above, individuals must have one year of satisfactory experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project in data administration, database management systems, operating systems, data communication systems, capacity planning, and/or on-line application programming.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
A Certified Maximo Asset Management Engineer with 3 years experience is
- BS in Computer Science, or a related field, with 3-5 years experience in system administration, business system analysis, escalation support or systems administration experience with IBM Maximo Software Products version 6 or 7; Actuate Report Server management/administration; or
- MS in Computer Science with 3 years Maximo administration experience.
Note: Candidate will be on call beyond the regular work day and on weekends as needed.
- Clear understanding of Maximo EAM from user point of view; ability to administer and configure EAM database and applications, including implementation, security setup, maintenance, deployment, upgrade and customization
- Working knowledge of enterprise asset and work management processes; oracle database and SQL script and JDBC applications
- Experience in application support /user help desks; administer clustered Maximo Asset Management application environment
- Strong PC skills, Microsoft Office applications; demonstrated experience working with database applications
Interested candidates may fax cover letter, resume, to (212) 306-5194,
New York City Housing Authority
Hr.Recruitment@nycha.nyc.gov or mail to:
Human Resources Recruitment Unit
90 Church Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10007
Attn.: DMP, Senior Recruiter
Job Code: Maximo System Administrator
NYCHA is an equal opportunity employer