- Represent the Authority in proceedings before state and federal courts in commercial litigation matters.
- Provide legal counsel to various Authority divisions regarding construction, finance, prevailing wages, public bidding, commercial real estate, liens and levies, bankruptcy, Section 8 assisted housing, and other commercial matters.
- Analyze and assist NYCHA in complying with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Interact with other attorneys and adversaries; negotiate settlement agreements.
- Conduct discovery.
- Research legal issues in areas described above.
- Prepare pleadings, motions, appeals, legal opinions, demand letters, and other documents.
- Other duties as assigned in these and related areas.
The selected candidate is required to maintain confidentiality regarding all NYCHA proceedings.
- Admission to the New York State Bar; and either 2 or 3 below.
- One year of satisfactory United States legal experience subsequent to admission to any state bar; or
- Six months of satisfactory service as an Agency Attorney Interne (30086).
Incumbents must remain Members of the New York State Bar in good standing for the duration of this employment.
In addition to meeting the minimum Qualification Requirements:
To be assigned to AL III, candidates must have two years of experience in Assignment Levels I and/ or II or three years of comparable legal experience subsequent to admission to the bar, in the areas of law related to the assignment.
- Preferred candidate will have at least three years of post admission relevant experience and/or demonstrated interest in commercial litigation.
- Candidates will be considered if they have at least one year of relevant experience and/or demonstrated interest in commercial litigation.
Highest salary level requires three years of relevant legal experience subsequent to admission to the bar.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Must include bar admission date (s) (month and year) on resume.
- Provide two writing samples representing candidate’s efforts, not those of a reviewer.
- Provide three references, listing their professional association and the circumstances under which they became familiar with the candidate’s professional skills.
- Include a copy of law school transcript.
- Provide current salary and/or minimum salary requirements.
Interested candidates may fax cover letter, resume, and
all pertinent information to (212) 306-5194, e-mail to
New York City Housing Authority
Human Resources Recruitment Unit
90 Church Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10007
Attn.: DMP, Senior Recruiter
Job Code: Agency Attorney
NYCHA is an equal opportunity employer