Human resources (HR) are an important component of any institution, be it for-profit or nonprofit. Most for-profit companies have robust and well developed Human Resources operations, while nonprofit leaders often express a desire to enhance existing infrastructure.
For this installment of our Featured Topics page, we are focusing on the elements necessary for sound human resource practices and requirements to maintain strong and sustainable organizations.
I. Human Resources 101
- Looking for basic human resource tips? Check out the National Council of Nonprofits page including information on compensation, employment best practices, compliance with employment law and much more:
Personnel Practices for Nonprofits
- Check out this Hiring Toolkit for tips on hiring as well as a complete how-to-manual:
- Does your nonprofit rely on a volunteer workforce? Check out these best practices to ensure you are creating a productive environment for your volunteers:
501 Commons Volunteer Management
II. Succession Planning
III. Frontline Staff Development
- The Department of Youth and Community Development offers Capacity Building and Professional Development trainings for organizations who contract with the City. Check out the following for upcoming opportunities:
Department of Youth and Community Development
- ACCESSNYC: Does your organization work with clients interested in benefits offered by the City, State and Federal government? Screen for over 30 City, State and Federal programs:
- Good Shepherd offers a variety of Human Service Workshops, review the link below to see what upcoming training opportunities are available:
Good Shepherd Trainings
IV. Human Resource Workshops
V. Additional Reading of Interest:
Looking for a previously Featured Topic? Check out the links below to access previously posted information:
Check out our Training & Events Calendar for upcoming Human Resource focused trainings.