NYC Business Acceleration's (NYCBA) goal is to create a customer-friendly environment for business owners and licensed professionals, by providing three core services:
Each business that works with NYCBA is assigned a client manager who facilitates all interactions with the City on behalf of the business owner. Client Managers can provide the following services:
- Serve as the business owner’s point person from lease signing to opening
- Provide violations support
- Schedule and coordinate most required inspections
- Provide information and assistance on recovering from a disaster or emergency
- Address all questions, comments and concerns
To learn more, please contact the Client Services Team.
Businesses undergoing new construction within their space can receive streamlined plan reviews through NYC Business Acceleration. Plan Examiners will:
- Review most e-filed plans
- Schedule meetings with applicants to discuss objections or compliance issues
- Work in conjunction with the NYC Department of Buildings (DOB) and the NYC Fire Department (FDNY) to address and resolve complex code requirements
For a comprehensive overview of how the NYC Business Acceleration plan review process works, see below:
To begin the plan review process, file your application at DOB borough office and then drop off your plans to the receptionist at 110 William Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10038. For appointments, drop-offs of plans and documents or, pick-ups of approved plans or disapproved folders, please go to see the receptionist on the 2nd floor.
NYCBA plan examiners can review standard or professionally certified Fire Suppression Rangehood plans. You may electronically submit all required DOB documents, signed/sealed TMR-2 application, contractor's affidavit and plans (in PDF form) to Rangehood@sbs.nyc.gov for plan examination. The plans will be reviewed by FDNY and DOB plan examiners located at the NYC Business Acceleration office.
Consultations and Inspections
NYC Business Acceleration coordinates multi-agency consultations and inspections:
- Consultations with a NYCBA inspection team member give you an opportunity to ask questions and help ensure your project complies with applicable laws and regulations without receiving violations (except for life-safety hazards)
- Inspections are conducted to ensure satisfactory compliance with all laws and regulations
- Results are provided immediately and re-inspections are conducted when necessary
To learn more about what NYCBA has to offer your business, please contact us.