NBAT’s goal is to create a customer friendly environment for business owners and licensed professionals, by providing three core services:
Upon enrolling in the NBAT program, each business is assigned a client manager who facilitates all interactions with the City on behalf of the business owner. Client Managers provide the following services:
- Serve as the business owner’s point person from lease signing to opening
- Schedule and coordinate most required inspections
- Address all questions, comments, and concerns
If you are opening a Food Service Establishment and are not yet an NBAT Client, please contact the Client Management Team. If you qualify for our services, you will be invited to use our new Customer Portal. For more information about this tool, please visit the "customer portal" section.Plan Review
Businesses undergoing new construction within their space can receive streamlined plan reviews through NBAT. Plan Examiners will:
For a comprehensive overview of how the NBAT plan reviews process works, see below:
- Review most e-filed plans
- Schedule meetings with applicants to discuss objections or compliance issues
- Work in conjunction with the NYC Department of Buildings (DOB) and the NYC Fire Department (FDNY) to address and resolve complex code requirements
NBAT coordinates multi-agency inspections:
- Inspections are conducted to ensure satisfactory compliance
with all health and fire codes.
- Results are provided immediately and re-inspections are conducted when necessary.
**For more information on how NBAT works, please download the NBAT Process (in PDF). This is a five step guide on what to expect when participating in the NBAT program.
To learn about what permits related to eating and drinking establishments need inspections, please visit the "Food & Beverage Establishments" section.