People with Developmental Disabilities who are not covered by Medicaid can receive similar services by applying for a Medicaid waiver. Eligible persons and their families may apply for the following home and community-based services:
- Case Management/Service Coordination: Individual
assistance with placement, referrals, and general advocacy
- Residential Habilitation Services: Services provided
in the home that assist the person with Developmental Disabilities in
developing skills for daily living, such as personal grooming, food
preparation, and social skills.
- Day Habilitation Services: Day services that provide
a range of supervised experiences in community settings.
- Respite Services: Temporary care of a person with
developmental disabilities provided by a trained respite worker, in order to
relieve the permanent caretaker serving the person with Developmental
- Environmental Modifications: Fixing the home
environment to increase the independence of the person with Developmental
- Adaptive Technologies: Devices and appliances that help the person with Developmental Disabilities to function more independently and safely.
Back to List or Back to Top