Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular 2013
year, the Macy's 4th of July fireworks show will display along the Hudson River. The show starts at approximately 9:00 pm.
Visit the Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks website to learn about the show.
The fireworks may be viewed from any area with an unobstructed view of the sky above the Hudson River. For the best views, head to 12th Avenue below W. 59th Street at the following access points along 11th Avenue:
- W. 24th Street
- W. 26th, 27th, 29th, Streets
- W. 33rd & 34th Streets
- W. 40th, 42nd, 44th Streets
- W. 50th through 52nd Streets
- W. 54th, 56th, 57th Streets
The following are NOT viewing areas for the 2013 show:
- East River
- Battery Park
- Battery Park City
- Brooklyn Bridge Park
- All Hudson River Piers (except limited access to Piers 84)
- Hudson River Park promenade between W. Houston and 59th Street
- Hudson River Park Bike Path between W. Houston and 59th Street
For more information, call Macy's Fireworks Hotline at (212) 494-4495.
For boater viewing restrictions, call Macy's Marine Hotline at (212) 494-5243.
Public parking will not be available in the area. Please
leave your car at home. Use public transportation and purchase
round-trip fare in advance to avoid long lines after the fireworks. MTA MetroCards
allow for free transfer to bus service (some exceptions apply).
For the best
route, call MTA at 511 (daily, 6:00 am
- 10:00 pm) or visit www.mta.info/nyct and use the Trip Planner tool for travel information in
New York City.
NYC Transit will run increased subway service before and after the fireworks. Bus service near the fireworks will be rerouted, with extra trips available after the event. Attendees should check for exact times. Visit
the MTA website for more information.
To learn more about Fourth of July related street closures, visit the DOT's Weekly Street Closure page
Visit the NYC Street Closures Map
All trains will run on Saturday schedules. Visit
the MTA website.
- A, C, E, L - To 14th Street & 8th Avenue
- A, C - To 23rd Street & 8th Avenue
- A, C, E - To 34th Street & 8th Avenue
- A, C, E - To 42nd Street & 8th Avenue
- 1, 2, 3, N, R, Q, S, 7 - To 42nd Street - Times Square
- E, C - To 50th Street & 8th Avenue
- A, C, D, 1 - To 59th Street - Columbus Circle
Local bus routes will run on Saturday schedules. Visit
the MTA website.
- Uptown - M11 (via 10th Avenue), M10 (via Central Park West to 59th Street), M20 (via 8th Avenue)
- Downtown - M11 (via 9th Avenue), M20 (via 7th Avenue)
- Crosstown - M14A, M14D, M23, M31, M34, M42, M57
Emergency Medical Services and health services personnel
will be positioned in the viewing area. For further
assistance, contact a police officer in your viewing area.