Full Board Meeting
Tuesday, April 4, 2017 6:30 PM
Housing Committee Pre-Meeting at 6:15PM
Resolution Re: Public Housing Funding
Goddard Riverside Community Center
593 Columbus Aveue (West 88th Street)
Approval of minutes from previous full board meeting
Chair's Report: Roberta Semer
Community Session – We welcome all members of our community (residents, businesses, CBOs) who would like to speak on issues of interest to them. Members of the community are granted one minute for remarks, and we will also accept a written copy for the record.
Manhattan Borough President's Report: Diana Howard
Reports by Elected Officials
Reports by Elected Officials’ Representatives (One-minute remarks)
Housing Committee, Jeannette Rausch, Chairperson
1. Public Housing Funding.
2. Mitchell-Lama Housing: Concerns regarding the loss of affordable housing from the conversion of Mitchell-Lama buildings to Article IX coops (aka HDFCs) with only a majority vote and a minimal disclosure period.
Transportation Committee, Andrew Albert and Howard Yaruss, Co-Chairpersons
3. New M79 Select Bus Service (SBS) route.
4. Request to rename West 94th Street between Columbus and Amsterdam Avenues, which is currently James Garst Way, in honor of James and his wife Voltarine (Rina) Garst.
5. Proposed legislation to increase the number of food street vendor licenses.
Business & Consumer Issues Committee, Michele Parker and George Zeppenfeldt-Cestero,
6. Applications to the SLA for new two-year liquor licenses:
• 139-141 West 69th Street (Broadway) Noi Due Carne Inc., d/b/a To be Determined.
• 322 Columbus Avenue (West 75th Street) Da Capo Corp, d/b/a To be Determined.
• 416 Amsterdam Avenue (West 80th Street) AINJUPITER LLC, d/b/a To be Determined.
• 483 Columbus Avenue (West 83rd Street) Michel GE Inc, Bellini.
7. 21 West End Avenue (West 61st Street) Café 21, d/b/a Café 21.
8. 1018 Amsterdam Avenue (West 110th Street) Alteration application by Madrel LLC, d/b/a Marlow Bistro, to the SLA for an existing liquor license serial number 1296187.
9. New Unenclosed Sidewalk Cafés:
• 273 Columbus Avenue (West 73rd Street.) New application #1482-2017-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Zucker’s Columbus LLC, d/b/a Zucker’s Bagels, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 12 tables and 27 seats.
• 353 Amsterdam Avenue (West 77th Street.) New application #1423-2017-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Westside Donut Amsterdam Ventures LLC, d/b/a Dunkin Donuts, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 4 tables and 8 seats.
• 473 Columbus Avenue (West 83rd Street.) New application #1824-2017-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by ACS Columbus LLC, d/b/a Lokal, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 7 tables and 14 seats.
• 1018 Amsterdam Avenue (West 110th Street.) New application #1147-2017-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Madrel LLC, d/b/a Marlo Bistro, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 18 tables and 36 seats.
10. 228 West 72nd Street (West End Avenue – Broadway.) New/change of ownership application #5193-2016 ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs and NY City Planning Commission by MTGebhard, LLC, d/b/a Gebhard’s Beer Culture, for a four-year consent to operate an enclosed sidewalk café with 8 tables and 16 seats.
Preservation Committee, Jay Adolf and Gabrielle Palitz, Co-Chairpersons
11. 91 Central Park West (West 69th Street.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for the reorganization of some of the stained glass on the 16th floor and the 17th floor of Penthouse A.
12. 150 Riverside Drive (West 87th Street.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for an entrance canopy; two signage panels at the 87th Street corner, and replacement of wall sconces at the entrance.
13. 225 West End Avenue (West 70th Street.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to alter the West 70th Street areaway, and install a H.C access chair lift, signage and period appropriate lighting.
14. 277 West End Avenue (West 72nd-73rd Streets.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for window replacement.
15. 269 Columbus Avenue (West 73rd Street.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to legalize the 3 lighted signs at the sidewalk café.
16. 270 West 73rd Street (Broadway-West End Avenue.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a new three-story rear yard addition, a stair bulkhead, façade restoration, and replacement of windows.
Directed by the City Charter mandate that Community Boards review matters prior to consideration by the Landmarks Preservation Commission, the Preservation Committee reviews the “appropriateness” of proposed changes to individually designated landmarks as well as to properties listed within the Upper West Side’s Historic Districts.
Parks & Environment Committee, Klari Neuwelt, Chairperson
Resolutions Re Central Park:
17. Renovation of The Belvedere Castle.
18. Reconstruction of the East 67th Street/ Billy Johnson Playground.
19. Reconstruction of the East 108th Street/ Bernard Playground.