Full Board Meeting
Tuesday, December 6, 2016 6:30 PM
Fordham University Proposed Agenda
113 West 60th Street (Columbus Avenue)
Approval of minutes from previous full board meeting
Chair's Report: Roberta Semer
Community Session – We welcome all members of our community (residents, businesses, CBOs) who would like to speak on issues of interest to them. Members of the community are granted one minute for remarks, and we will also accept a written copy for the record.
Manhattan Borough President's Report: Diana Howard
Reports by Elected Officials
Reports by Elected Officials’ Representatives (One-minute remarks)
Land Use Committee
Richard Asche and Page Cowley, Co-Chairpersons
1. 8-10 West 70th Street, Congregation Shearith Israel. Application #74-07-BZ to the Board of Standards and Appeals by Congregation Shearith Israel for an extension of time to complete construction and for a minor amendment to plans.
Jay Adolf and Gabrielle Palitz, Co-Chairpersons
2. 39 West 67th Street (Columbus Avenue – Central Park West.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a window replacement master plan.
3. 31 West 71st Street, La Quinta Inn & Suites Marquee (Columbus Avenue – Central Park West.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to legalize and modify a canopy installed without LPC permits.
4. 310 West End Avenue, Apt 16B (West 75th Street.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for the modification of two windows.
5. 410 Amsterdam Avenue (West 79th -80th Streets.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a modification of existing storefront.
Subject to December 1st Preservation Committee action
6. 313 West 77th Street (West End Avenue – Riverside Drive.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a bulkhead addition, window replacement and a new 4-story rear yard extension.
7. 351 Amsterdam Avenue (West 77th Street.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to request legalization of the first floor storefront façade.
8. 170 West 79th Street, Rodeph Sholom School (Amsterdam Avenue.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a new rooftop play deck.
9. 51 West 81st Street (Columbus Avenue.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for window replacement.
Andrew Albert, Chairperson
10. 23 West 73rd Street (Central Park West – Columbus Avenue.) Request by the Park Royale request to the Department of Transportation for “No parking anytime” signs in front of the entrance.
Youth, Education & Libraries Committee
Blanche Lawton and Eric Shuffler, Co-Chairpersons
11. New York Public Library for an addition of one exterior canopy lighting fixture outside the Library for the Performing Arts' Lincoln Center Plaza entrance, and replacement of lighting fixtures within the exterior blade signs over the Amsterdam Avenue entrance.
Business & Consumer Issues Committee
Michele Parker and George Zeppenfeldt-Cestero, Co-Chairpersons
12. New Applications to the SLA for Two-Year Full On-Premises Liquor Licenses:
• 166 West 75th Street (Amsterdam Avenue.) S&G Food Group, d/b/a Cesca.
• 473 Columbus Avenue (West 83rd Street.) ACS Columbus LLC d/b/a To be Determined.
13. New Unenclosed Sidewalk Cafés:
• 676 Amsterdam Avenue (West 93rd Street.) New application #7967-2016-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Sunflower Amsterdam, LLC., d/b/a Sunflower Cafe, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 8 tables and 24 seats.
• 2737 Broadway (West 105th Street.) New application #9793-2016-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by The Westside of Broadway Restaurant Group, Inc., d/b/a Toast, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 15 tables and 30 seats.