Full Board Meeting
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 6:30 PM
Goddard Riverside Community Center
593 Columbus Aveue (West 88th Street)
Approval of minutes from previous full board meeting
Chair's Report: Roberta Semer
Community Session – We welcome all members of our community (residents, businesses, CBOs) who would like to speak on issues of interest to them. Members of the community are granted one minute for remarks, and we will also accept a written copy for the record.
Manhattan Borough President's Report: Diana Howard
Reports by Elected Officials
Reports by Elected Officials’ Representatives (One-minute remarks)
Transportation Committee, Andrew Albert and Howard Yaruss, Co-Chairpersons
1. Proposed legislation that would increase of number of licenses for street food vendors.
2. Manhattanhenge 2017. Request by the American Museum of Natural History to close West 79th Street between Columbus Avenue and Broadway on Tuesday, May 30, from 7-9pm, with the sunset expected to be at 8:20pm.
3. S/W/C Broadway and West 62nd Street. New application # 3117-2017-ANWS to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Nishat Shaikh to construct and operate a newsstand on the southwest corner of Broadway and West 62nd Street, i/f/o of 1879 Broadway.
4. Pedestrian safety at the intersection of West End Avenue and 96th Street.
5. Accidents in "mixing" zones that are shared by cars and cyclists.
6. Central Park West sidewalk reconstruction and safety concerns in the bike/pedestrian lane.
Roberta Semer, Chairperson
7. Intro 1472-2017. A Local Law to amend the administrative code of the city of New York, in relation to exempting certain grocery stores from the commercial rent tax.
Business & Consumer Issues Committee, Michele Parker and George Zeppenfeldt-Cestero,
8. Applications to the SLA for new two-year liquor licenses:
9. 566 Amsterdam Avenue (West 87th Street) Le Petit Amelie LLC. d/b/a Amelie Wine Bar.
- 100 West 82nd Street (Columbus Avenue) Flame West Inc. d/b/a To be Determined.
- 685 Amsterdam Avenue (West 93rd Street) Jin’s 88 Corp. d/b/a Kouzan.
10. New Unenclosed Sidewalk Cafés:
11. 2794 Broadway (West 108th Street.) New application #3079-2017-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Malaxiangguo Enterprise Inc, d/b/a Malaxianogguo 108 Food Dried Hot Pot, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 10 tables and 20 seats.
- 2167 Broadway (West 76TH Street.) New application #3534-2017-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Muginoho International, Inc., d/b/a Beard Papa’s, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 4 tables and 8 seats.
- 574 Columbus Avenue (West 88th Street.) New application #2635-2017-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by B.L.T.G. Pizza Inc., d/b/a Bella Luna, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 15 tables and 30 seats.
- 573 Columbus Avenue (West 88th Street.) New application #2435-2017-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Bodega 88 LLC, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 6 tables and 12 seats.
- 933 Amsterdam Avenue (West 106th Street.) New application #4260-2017-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Hot Dawgz LLC, d/b/a NY Brat Factory, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 14 tables and 30 seats.
Preservation Committee, Jay Adolf and Gabrielle Palitz, Co-Chairpersons
12. 267 Columbus Avenue (West 73rd Street.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission by BLDG Management Co. for replacement of cast-iron sidewalk vault light structure in front of 267 Columbus Avenue.
Directed by the City Charter mandate that Community Boards review matters prior to consideration by the Landmarks Preservation Commission, the Preservation Committee reviews the “appropriateness” of proposed changes to individually designated landmarks as well as to properties listed within the Upper West Side’s Historic Districts.
Parks & Environment Committee, Klari Neuwelt, Chairperson
13. The Broadway Mall Association’s Joy Brown sculpture exhibition to be installed on the Broadway Malls in May 2017 and run for 6 months.