Committee Agendas November 2014
Proposed Committee Agendas Subject to Change
Manhattan Community Board 7 Inclusive Playground Task Force
November 19, 2014 Meeting Agenda
6:00-6:05 Welcome and introductions
Manhattan Community Board 7
Dr. Natalia Garcia, principal of P.S. 145 The Bloomingdale School
Department of Parks and Recreation
Council Member Mark Levine
The Office of Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer
6:50-7:10 Discussion questions:
• What are your ideas and suggestions for this playground?
• What local inclusion initiatives and resources should we draw on to inform and support this project?
• What will make this playground more appealing and enjoyable for community members?
• What are the next steps and how would you like to participate or contribute?
• Who else should be included in this process?
7:10-7:15 Next steps
7:15-7:30 Questions and comments
Land Use Committee, Richard Asche and Page Cowley, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, November 19, 7:00 PM
1. 150 Amsterdam Avenue, Flywheel (West 66th – 67th Street.) Application #216-14-BZ to the Board of Standards and Appeals for a special permit pursuant to ZR § 73-36 of the Zoning Resolution the legalization and continued operation of the Physical Culture Establishment located on portions of the first floor and cellar of the Premises.
2. 2465/ 2473 Broadway, d/b/a Equinox Fitness (West 91st – 92nd Street.) Application #182+183-95-BZ to the Board and Standards Appeals by Equinox Fitness for the operation of a physical culture establishment in two existing adjacent commercial buildings.
Youth, Education & Libraries Committee, Blanche Lawton and Eric Shuffler, Co-Chairpersons
Thursday, November 20, 6:30 PM
At the Urban Assembly School for Green Careers, 145 W 84th Street (Brandeis HS Building).
1. Learning about the Urban Assembly School for Green Careers missions, curriculum and admissions policies. More information for the school can be found at http://www.uagreencareers.org
2. Update from PS 163 parents on their concerns and status of regarding the proposed JHL development on West 97th Street.
Health & Human Services Committee, Madge Rosenberg and Barbara Van Buren,
Tuesday, November 25, 6:30 PM
Discussion with Santa Soriano-Vasquez, manager of government relations at the Community Service Society.
Meetings take place at the Community Board office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise indicated. Agendas are subject to change. To confirm committee agendas and meeting locations, call the Board office at (212) 362-4008, or visit www.nyc.gov/mcb7. Send comments by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (212) 595-9317.
Resolutions adopted at the committee meetings will be reported at the Full Board Meeting on Tuesday, December 2, 2014, beginning at 6:30PM, Fordham University, 113 West 60th Street (Columbus Avenue.)