Committee Agendas June 2016 Subject to Change
All Meetings are held at our Board Office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise noted.
Communications Committee, Linda Alexander and Su Robotti, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, June 8, 6:00PM
- Final review of resolution guidelines.
- Protocols for responding to media.
- Discussion of offering a media training session for committee co-chairs.
- Review Social Media Guidelines.
- Identification of next project.
Business & Consumer Issues Committee, Michele Parker and George Zeppenfeldt-Cestero,
Wednesday, June 8, 7:00 PM
Application to the SLA for a two-year liquor license:
- 307 Amsterdam Avenue (West 75th Street) Aidi JC LLC, d/b/a A.N.Y. Grand Sichuan.
New Unenclosed Sidewalk Cafés:
- 403 Amsterdam Avenue (West 79th Street.) New application DCA# 6182-2016-ASWC to theDepartment of
Consumer Affairs by Moshgab, Corp., d/b/a Saba’s Pizza, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 5 tables and 10 seats.
- 2758 Broadway (West 106th Streets.) New application DCA# 5417-2016-ASWC to the Departmentof
Consumer Affairs by DSMI Rest, LLC, d/b/a Macchina, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 35 tables and 70 seats.
- 949 Columbus Avenue (West 107th – 106th Streets.) New application DCA# 4628-2016-ASWC tothe
Department of Consumer Affairs by P&N Development, d/b/a The Fat Monk, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 6 tables and 12 seats.
5. Update on the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law Working Group Recommendations.
Preservation Committee, Jay Adolf and Gabrielle Palitz, Co-Chairpersons
Thursday, June 9, 6:30 PM
- 252 West 76th Street (Broadway-West End Avenue.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for an ADA accessible ramp.
- 32 West 75th Street (Columbus Avenue and Central Park West.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a façade restoration, rooftop and rear yard additions.
- 347 West End Avenue (West 76th – 77th Streets.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a rooftop and rear addition and restoration.
Directed by the City Charter mandate that Community Boards review matters prior to consideration by the Landmarks Preservation Commission, the Preservation Committee reviews the “appropriateness” of proposed changes to individually designated landmarks as well as to properties listed within the Upper West Side’s Historic Districts.
Housing Committee, Nick Prigo and Polly Spain, Co-Chairpersons
Monday, June 13, 6:30PM
Conversation with Larry Wood, Director of Organizing, Goddard Riverside, regarding rent regulated apartments and the rent guidelines board.
Transportation Committee, Andrew Albert and Dan Zweig, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, June 14, 7:00 PM
- 2642 Broadway (West 100th Street.) Renewal Application #B00256 to NYC Taxi and Limousine Commission by Fast Operating Corp, d/b/a Carmel Car & Limo Service, for a renewal of their For Hire Base Station License.
- Presentation by NYC Department of Transportation on the existing street network in the area of Lincoln Square and potential traffic safety enhancements. Proposal impacts the directions of West 60th, 62nd, and 64th Streets.
- Fresh Direct. Discussion with Fresh Direct about their operations on the UWS.
- The Waterline. Presentation on the Waterline, Reclaiming NYC’s Old Croton Aqueduct as a civic asset.
Land Use Committee, Richard Asche and Page Cowley, Co-Chairpersons, joint with Housing, Transportation and Health & Human Services Committees
Wednesday, June 15, 6:30PM
At Booker T. Washington Middle School, 103 West 107th Street at Columbus Avenue.
West 108th Street Development.
Second community meeting with West Side Senior and Supportive Housing on preliminary plans for the 108th Street development (the Northside of West 108th Street between Columbus and Amsterdam Avenues.) The proposal is to raze the current building which houses Valley Lodge Transitional Shelter program and replace it with a new Valley Lodge together with permanent supportive housing as well as affordable housing for families and older adults. Both the NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) and the NY Department of City Planning (DCP) wish to dispose of the City-owned garages to WSFSSH for the purpose of this development.
Youth, Education & Libraries Committee, Blanche Lawton and Eric Shuffler, Co-Chairpersons
Parks & Environment Committee, Klari Neuwelt, Chairperson
Monday, June 27, 7:00PM
- Update on certain design issues of Phase 6 in Riverside Park South.
- Discussion with Charles McKinney, Department of Parks & Recreation, of new Riverside Park Master Plan.
- Update by the Department of Parks & Recreation on the proposed design for the Riverside Skate Park, 108th
Street between the Promenade and the HHP.
- Update on committee discussions.
Health & Human Services Committee, Catherine DeLazzero and Madge Rosenberg,
Thursday, June 23, 7:00 PM *Change of meeting day for this month only.*
Discussion of recent HHS survey.
Meetings take place at the Community Board office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise indicated. Agendas are subject to change. To confirm committee agendas and meeting locations, call the Board office at (212) 362-4008, or visit www.nyc.gov/mcb7. Send comments by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to (212) 595-9317.
Resolutions adopted at the committee meetings will be reported at the Full Board Meeting on Tuesday, July 5, beginning at 6:30 PM at Congregation Rodeph Sholom, 7 West 83rd Street (Central Park West.)