Committee Agendas April 2015
Subject to Change
All Meetings are held at our Board Office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise noted.
Land Use Committee, Richard Asche and Page Cowley, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, April 15, 7:00 PM
1. 150 West 85th Street, Manhattan Country School (Columbus-Amsterdam Avenues.) Application #1-15-BZ to the Board of Standards & Appeals by Manhattan Country Day School for a variance to allow additional floor area and a vertical extension in order to meet programmatic needs of the school.
2. 361 Central Park West (One West 96th Street.) Application to the Board of Standards & Appeals by 361 Central Park West LLC, for the conversion of a vacant, six-story landmarked community facility (former First Church of Christ, Scientist) into a 39-unit residential building, which requires waivers of required rear yards, minimum dimensions of inner courts), minimum distance between legally required windows and walls or lot lines) and minimum distance between legally required windows and any wall in an inner court, as well as waivers of §§ 30-2 and 30-3 of the Multiple Dwelling Law.
• Proposed Zoning for Quality and Affordability.
• Collegiate School Mod and affordable housing.
Youth, Education & Libraries Committee, Eric Shuffler and Blanche Lawton, Co-Chairpersons
Thursday, April 16, 6:30 PM
At the Children's Aid Society, 885 Columbus Avenue (West 103rd – 104th Streets.)
Round-table presentation by representatives from the 20th and 24th Police Precincts on their programs that serve the youth in the community, including the Explorers Program, Summer Youth Program, PAL activities, Job Fairs and more. Representatives from the NYPD that serves the public housing developments will also attend.
Parks & Environment Committee, Klari Neuwelt, Chairperson
Monday, April 20, 7:00PM
1. Riverside Park. Presentation by by Pratt Institute and DPR on final work at the 102nd Street field house.
2. Central Park. Discussion with Alexander Han, Revenue Division, Department of Parks and
Recreation, about new Request for Proposals for Boathouse Restaurant Concession in Central Park.
3. Presentation by the Broadway Mall Association on a public art exhibition of 6 metal sculptures for the exhibition Don Gummer on Broadway (May-October) at Columbus Circle (2 sculptures); 65th Street & Broadway; 72nd Street & Broadway (south of subway station); 96th Street & Broadway; 103rd Street & Broadway.
4. Presentation on the 2015 Summer on the Hudson season.
5. Riverside Park South. Presentation by the Art Students’ League on Riverside Park South proposals.
6. Update on committee discussions.
Inclusive Playground Task Force
April 23, 2015 6:30 p.m.
For the purposes of soliciting feedback, members of the Inclusive Playground Task Force will share a draft presentation of the vision and goals for the inclusive playground at Bloomingdale.
6:30-6:40 Welcome and updates
6:40-7:00 Presentation of document and PowerPoint
Health & Human Services Committee, Madge Rosenberg, Chairperson
Tuesday, April 28, 7:00 PM
Agenda to be announced.
Meetings take place at the Community Board office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise indicated. Agendas are subject to change. To confirm committee agendas and meeting locations, call the Board office at (212) 362-4008. Send comments by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to (212) 595-9317.
Resolutions adopted at the committee meetings will be reported at the Full Board Meeting on Tuesday, May 5, 2015, beginning at 6:30 PM at Mount Sinai Roosevelt Hospital, 1000 Tenth Avenue (West 59th Street.)