Committee Agendas December 2014
Proposed Committee Agendas Subject to Change
Housing Committee, Nick Prigo, Chairperson
Monday, December 8, 6:30PM
Discussion of Illegal Hotels, AirBnB and Affordable Housing.
Transportation Committee, Andrew Albert and Dan Zweig, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, December 9, 7:00 PM
1. Lincoln Square. Presentation by NYC Department of Transportation on pedestrian safety enhancements at Lincoln Square. The project includes: additional sidewalk space, shorter crosswalks, safer street design, and bicycle lanes.
West 97th Street, Columbus-Amsterdam Avenues. Presentation by Friends of Stryker’s Park on a proposal to install and maintain a NYC Department of Transportation plaza on the north side of West 97th Street and to re-purpose parkland adjacent to PS163.
Business & Consumer Issues Committee, Michele Parker and George Zeppenfeldt-Cestero,
Wednesday, December 10, 7:00 PM
Applications to the SLA for two year liquor licenses:
1. 53 West 106th Street (Manhattan Avenue) AG Culinary, INC, d/b/a Gastronomia Culinaria.
2. 210 West 70th Street (Broadway) Lincoln Square Steak LLC, d/b/a Lincoln Square Steak. Review of sound engineering report stipulation of liquor license application.
Postponed to next month: 2756 Broadway (West 106th Street) BWAY & 106 Rest LLC. d/b/a To be Determined.
Unenclosed Sidewalk Café Renewal Applications:
3. 1 Lincoln Plaza (West 64th Street.) Renewal application # 1137714-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Fiorello’s Roman Café, Inc., d/b/a Café Fiorello, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 32 tables and 64 seats.
4. 413 Amsterdam Avenue (West 80th Street.) Renewal application #1396587-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Flagship S.B. Amsterdam NY, LLC, d/b/a Saravana Bhavan, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 11 tables and 22 seats.
5. 509 Amsterdam Avenue (West 84th – 85th Streets.) Renewal application # 1416762-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by New York Beer Co, LLC, d/b/a Jacob’s Pickles, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 9 tables and 18 seats.
6. 951 Amsterdam Avenue (West 107th Street.) Renewal application #1277938-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Ram Eats, LLC, d/b/a Blockheads, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 6 tables and 12 seats.
7. Multi-block street fairs. Public hearing on applications to the Street Activity Permit Office for multi-block street fairs in 2015.
Preservation Committee, Jay Adolf and Gabrielle Palitz, Co-Chairpersons
The committee will not meet in December.
Parks & Environment Committee, Klari Neuwelt, Chairperson
Monday, December 15, 7:00PM
1. Bennerson Playground (West 64th Street, Amsterdam -West End Avenues.) Presention by the Department of Parks & Recreation on the proposed renovation of Samuel Bennerson Playground.
2. Draft resolution in support of State Legislature Bill A5355/S3076, concerning electric substation placement. The full text of A5355/S3076 is available at Assembly bill.
3. Clean Heat. Discussion with Luke Surowiec of NYC Clean Heat, a program out of the Mayor’s Office which provides free technical and financial assistance to properties still using No. 4 and No. 6 heating oil in New York City. Find all buildings still using heavy heating oil and learn more about the program by visiting www.nyc.gov/cleanheat.
4. Update on committee discussions.
Land Use Committee, Richard Asche and Page Cowley, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, December 17, 7:00 PM
95 West 95th Street (Central Park West-Columbus Avenue.) Application No. N 150119 CMM to the Department of City Planning by Columbus 95th Street LLC for the second and final 3-year renewal of the previously approved special permit to allow an attended public parking garage with a maximum capacity of 100 spaces, including 43 accessory spaces, on portions of the ground floor, cellar and subcellar.
Youth, Education & Libraries Committee, Blanche Lawton and Eric Shuffler, Co-Chairpersons
Thursday, December 18, 6:30 PM
1. Presentation by Victoria Mason-Alley and Flores Forbes, Columbia University, Office of Government and
Community Affairs, on their submission re the Obama Presidential Library.
2. Consideration of resolutions regarding primary day voting in public schools and PS 163 parent concerns on
the JHL development.
Health & Human Services Committee, Madge Rosenberg and Barbara Van Buren,
The Committee will not meet in December.
Meetings take place at the Community Board office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise indicated. Agendas are subject to change. To confirm committee agendas and meeting locations, call the Board office at (212) 362-4008, or visit www.nyc.gov/mcb7. Send comments by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (212) 595-9317.
Resolutions adopted at the committee meetings will be reported at the Full Board Meeting on Tuesday, January 6, 2015, beginning at 6:30 PM at Congregation Rodeph Sholom, 7 West 83rd Street (Central Park West.)