Committee Agendas September 2016 Subject to Change
All Meetings are held at our Board Office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise noted.
SPECIAL COMMUNITY MEETING
Preservation Committee, Jay Adolf and Gabrielle Palitz, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, September 20, 6:30PM
Parks & Environment Committee, Klari Neuwelt, Chairperson
At Goddard Riverside Community Center, 593 Columbus Avenue at 88th Street.
American Museum of Natural History’s application to the NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission for the construction of the Richard Gilder Center for Science, Education, and Innovation.
The application and support documents are available on our website.
Housing Committee, Nick Prigo and Polly Spain, Co-Chairpersons
The committee will not meet in September.
Transportation Committee, Andrew Albert and Dan Zweig, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, September 13, 7:00 PM
1. Request by Macy’s to the City Department of Transportation for installation of a sidewalk plaque on the southwest corner of 77th Street and Central Park West to commemorate its place as an historic step-off point for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
2. 326 West 77th Street (Riverside Drive – West End Avenue.) Application to the Department of Transportation by Lloyd Realty, LLC for a revocable consent to construct, maintain and use a new stoop and fenced in area. The proposed purpose is for structure beautification and accessibility.
3. 211 Central Park West, The Beresford (West 81st – 82nd Street.) Application to the Department of Transportation by Beresford Apartments, Inc. to petition for a new revocable consent to construct, maintain, use and install four (4) precast concrete planters with planting soil and evergreen shrubs on Central Park West sidewalk in front of the building.
4. The installation of a CitiBike stand on the SW corner of West 87th Street and West End Avenue over the objections of block residents--and a request for its immediate removal.
5. Update of ongoing DOT issues.
6. Priorities for the FY2018 NYC budget.
Business & Consumer Issues Committee, Michele Parker and George Zeppenfeldt-Cestero,
Wednesday, September 14, 7:00 PM
Application to the SLA for a New Two-Year Liquor, Wine, Beer & Cider License:
1. 2170 2178 Broadway aka 212 222 West 77th Street, NY Broadway Hotel Owner & Highgate Hotels LP, d/b/a NYLO New York City / LOCL Bar.
Application to the SLA for a Class Change, from Wine & Beer to Liquor, Wine, Beer & Cider:
2. 435 Amsterdam Avenue (West 81st Street.) 357 Hospitality Inc., d/b/a Spice.
Unenclosed Sidewalk Café Renewals:
3. 2418 Broadway (West 89th Street.) Renewal application #2006949-DCA to the Department of
Consumer Affairs by Bukefal, LLC, d/b/a Cibo E Vino, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 15 tables and 30 seats.
New Unenclosed Sidewalk Café:
4. 2737 Broadway (West 105th Street.) New application #9793-2016-ASWC to the Department of
Consumer Affairs by The Westside of Broadway Restaurant Group, Inc., d/b/a Toast, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 15 tables and 30 seats.
5. Changes to Rules for Street Festivals.
Youth, Education & Libraries Committee, Blanche Lawton and Eric Shuffler, Co-Chairpersons
The committee will not meet in September.
Land Use Committee, Richard Asche and Page Cowley, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, September 21, 7:00 PM
1. 10 West 70th Street, Congregation Shearith Israel. Update on CSI’s responses to the Board of Standards & Appeals’ questions regarding their application. Read CSI’s responses to BSA’s questions.(After the click, at the bottom of the pop-up window click "Continue to View".)
2. Personal initiative for Columbus Avenue, West 89th-97th Streets (the former Urban Renewal Area) by Peter Samton.
Health & Human Services Committee, Catherine DeLazzero and Madge Rosenberg, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, September 27, 7:00 PM
Issues related to violent crime (e.g., safety, reentry/rehabilitation, and youth who are court-involved.)
Meetings take place at the Community Board office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise indicated. Agendas are subject to change. To confirm committee agendas and meeting locations, call the Board office at (212) 362-4008, or send comments by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (212) 595-9317.
Resolutions adopted at the committee meetings will be reported at the Full Board Meeting on Wednesday, October 5, 2016 beginning at 6:30 PM, at Goddard Riverside Community Center, 593 Columbus Avenue at 88th Street.