Committee Agendas March 2017
All Meetings are open to the public and held at our Board Office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise noted. Subject to Change
Proposed Committee Agendas Subject to Change
Housing Committee, Jeannette Rausch, Chairperson
Monday, March 13, 6:30PM
1. Welcome & Carry-over Business from Last Meeting.
2. Housing Updates:
Committee Members announcements
3. Community Updates:
Public Attendees are invited to make any announcements/questions regarding housing. (2-minute limit unless otherwise stated.)
4. Focus Topic: Mitchell-lama
The Housing Committee will review the concerns regarding the loss of affordable housing from the conversion of Mitchell-Lama buildings to Article IX coops (aka HDFCs) with only a majority vote and a minimal disclosure period.
For further information see:
Invited Guest(s): Adele Niederman, Cooperators United for Mitchell-Lama
5. Action Item(s):
Any item officially submitted to CB7 and requiring Housing Committee Review
None Reported as of 3/9/17.
Subject to change. Please check back closer to meeting date.
(Depending on scheduling this item may be bumped up to the top of the Agenda)
6. Of Interest:
6. New Business & Summary
Transportation Committee, Andrew Albert and Howard Yaruss, Co-Chairpersons
Postponed to Wednesday, March 22, 7PM, due to weather.
1. Presentation by NYCDOT and NYCT on the new M79 SBS route.
2. Request to rename West 94th Street between Columbus and Amsterdam Avenues, which is currently James Garst Way, in honor of James and his wife Voltarine (Rina) Garst.
3. Follow-up on the West 88th Street Citibike station location.
4. Proposed legislation to increase the number of food vendor licenses.
5. Update on the Central Park sidewalk restoration in the West 80’s and the impact on the bike lane.
Land Use Committee, Richard Asche and Page Cowley, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, March 15, 7:00 PM
Cancelled due to weather.
Youth, Education & Libraries Committee, Blanche Lawton, Chairperson
Thursday, March 16, 6:30 PM
Agenda to be announced.
Parks & Environment Committee, Klari Neuwelt, Chairperson
Monday, March 20, 7:00PM
1. Gertrude Ederle Recreation Center, 232 West 60th Street (Amsterdam-West End Avenues.) Update on the Center’s programming opportunities – Tuwanda Harmon, Center Director.
2. SWAB. An Introduction of the Manhattan Solid Waste Advisory Board (SWAB) by Matthew Krumholtz and Marc Shifflett.
3. Renovation of The Belvedere Castle
4. Reconstruction of the East 67th Street/ Billy Johnson Playground
5. Reconstruction of the East 108th Street/ Bernard Playground.
6. Update on committee discussions.
Health & Human Services Committee, Catherine DeLazzero and Madge Rosenberg, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, March 28, 7:00 PM
1. Rustin House/Lantern Community Services, 319 West 94th Street update.
2. Presentation by Stephanie Guzman, CB7 Planning Fellow - "Youth committed crime: final research findings
and recommendation workshop."
Meetings take place at the Community Board office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise indicated. Agendas are subject to change. To confirm committee agendas and meeting locations, call the Board office at (212) 362-4008. Send comments by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (212) 595-9317.
Resolutions adopted at the committee meetings will be reported at the Full Board Meeting on Tuesday, April 4, 2017, beginning at 6:30 PM, location to be announced.