Committee Agendas November 2015
All Meetings are held at our Board Office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise noted.
Proposed Agendas Subject to Change
Land Use Committee, Richard Asche and Page Cowley, Co-Chairpersons, joint with
Housing Committee, Nick Prigo, Chairperson
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 6:30PM
1. Zoning for Quality and Affordability (ZQA) and Mandatory Inclusionary Housing (MIH) text amendments. Information about the proposals and PDF versions of the text amendments are available at the following links: MIH, ZQA . Potential impacts on MCD7 are available at www.nyc.gov/mcb7. Comments are due at the Department of City Planning on November 30, 5PM.
Transportation Committee, Andrew Albert and Dan Zweig, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, November 10, 6:30 PM
At Redeemer Church, 150 West 83rd Street (Amsterdam-Columbus Avenues)
1. 2642 Broadway (West 101st Street.) Renewal application #B01743 to NYC Taxi and
Limousine Commission by Two-Way Black Cars & Radio Group Transportation, Inc. for a change of ownership and renewal to operate a for-hire base station license.
2. Presentation by the NYC Department of Transportation on Amsterdam Avenue Proposal.
- Welcome and intros
- DOT will give Amsterdam Avenue presentation - approx 20-30 minutes
- Questions of Fact from Community
- Questions of Fact from Board
- Community Q&A (one-minute remarks, please submit any written testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Amsterdam Avenue" in the subject line)
Meeting will conclude by 9:30pm
Preservation Committee, Jay Adolf and Gabrielle Palitz, Co-Chairpersons
Thursday, November 12, 6:30 PM
1. 55 Central Park West (West 66th Street.)Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for replacement of the existing rooftop addition on the south terrace with a new penthouse and for window replacement.
2. 430 Amsterdam Avenue, Jake’s Dilemma (West 80th - 81st Streets.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a rear addition at the cellar and first floor levels of the commercial portion of the building.
3. 35 West 82nd Street (Columbus Avenue – Central Park West.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for the installation of new aluminum railings on the Eastern- parapet areas.
4. 7 West 87th Street (Columbus Avenue – Central Park West.) Application #17-2990 to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to widen the below-grade entry door.
5. 574 Columbus Avenue, aka 100 West 88th Street, dba Bella Luna Restaurant. Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to replace existing windows with aluminum French doors.
6. 320 West 88th Street (West End Avenue – Riverside Drive.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a rooftop and rear yard extension.
7. 878 West End Avenue (West 103rd Street.) Application #17-4429 to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for replacement of storefront doors and canvas awning.
8. 949 West End Avenue (West 106th – 107th Streets.) Application # 17-5765 to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to replace the cornice and parapet.
Application withdrawn by applicant:
• 321 West 80th Street (Riverside Drive – West End Avenue.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to legalize a garbage enclosure.
• 40 West 96th Street (Columbus Avenue – Central Park West.)Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a rear addition to the Basement to 5th floor and a rear yard excavation to maximize square footage in the cellar.
Directed by the City Charter mandate that Community Boards review matters prior to consideration by the Landmarks Preservation Commission, the Preservation Committee reviews the “appropriateness” of proposed changes to individually designated landmarks as well as to properties listed within the Upper West Side’s Historic Districts.
Parks & Environment Committee, Klari Neuwelt, Chairperson
Monday, November 16, 7:00PM
1. Frederick Douglass Circle (CPW and 110th Street.) Discussion with Friends of FDC on proposed design changes to deter skateboarders.
2. Anibal Aviles Playground (108th Street, Columbus Avenue.) Discussion of new developments concerning possible funding for and renovation of the playground.
3. Hudson River. Application the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation by Manhattan Community Boathouse for a grant focused on increasing access to the Hudson River.
4. Riverside Park. (100th-129th Streets, along the Hudson River.) Update on the Cherry Walk project.
5. Update on committee discussions.
Youth, Education & Libraries Committee, Eric Shuffler and Blanche Lawton, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, November 24, 6:30 PM
Updates and planning for 2016.
Business & Consumer Issues Committee
Health & Human Services Committee, Catherine DeLazzero and Madge Rosenberg, Co-Chairpersons
Michele Parker and George Zeppenfeldt-Cestero, Co-Chairpersons
Monday, November 23, 7:30 PM
Applications to the SLA for a two-year liquor license:
1. 80 Riverside Drive (West 80th Street.) Cosmopolitan Broadcasting Corporation, d/b/a Riverside Tower Hotel.
Unenclosed Café Renewal Application:
2. 473 Columbus Avenue (West 82nd -83rd Streets.) Renewal application #1008999-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Club America, Inc., d/b/a Assaggio, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 7 tables and 14 seats.
3. 2450 Broadway (West 90th -91st Street) Renewal application #0940252-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Carmine’s Broadway Feast Inc., d/b/a Carmine’s for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 7 tables and 22 seats.
Enclosed renewal Application:
4. 368 Columbus Avenue (West 77th - 78th Streets.) Renewal application #1392090-DCA/ ULURP# N110358ECM to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Ixhel Corporation, d/b/a Café Frida, for a four-year consent to operate an enclosed sidewalk café with 10 tables and 28 seats.
Withdrawn: 286 Columbus Partners LLC - at the request of the applicant.
Monday, November 30, 7:00 PM
1. Panel on Food Insecurity with representative from
Food Bank for NYC
NYC Coalition Against Hunger
West End Presbyterian Church
West Side Campaign Agains Hunger
2. Resolution in support of NY/NY4 to support and expand supportive housing.
3. New Business
Meetings take place at the Community Board office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise indicated. Agendas are subject to change. To confirm committee agendas and meeting locations, call the Board office at (212) 362-4008. Send comments by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to (212) 595-9317.
Resolutions adopted at the committee meetings will be reported at the Full Board Meeting on Tuesday, December 1, 2015, beginning at 6:30 PM, at the School at Columbia, 556 West 110th Street (Broadway.)