Committee Agenda August 2016 Subject to Change
All Meetings are held at our Board Office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise noted.
Preservation Committee, Jay Adolf and Gabrielle Palitz, Co-Chairpersons
In August there will be only one meeting:
Thursday, August 11, 6:30 PM
1. 122 West 69th Street, Christ and St. Stephen's Church (Broadway – Columbus Avenue.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to add gates at the entry points to the garden, rebuild the columns at the main entry, add a pedestrian path, and replace signage.
2. 164 West 74th Street (Amsterdam Avenue.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to remove steps at the building entry and modify the doors to be ADA-compliant, restore the facade, install new windows, infill portions of the light-wells, expand the penthouse, and reconstruct the rear elevation.
3. 313 Columbus Avenue, Corks on Columbus (West 75th Street.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to legalize signage.
4. 50 West 77th Street, dba Scaletta (Columbus Avenue.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a vertical lift; removal of the terra cotta colored tile and addition of cement plaster to match the rest of the building.
5. 213-215 West 79th Street (Broadway – Amsterdam Avenue.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to replace two pairs of second story terrace doors in kind at street facade.
6. 22 West 96th Street (Central Park West.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for window replacement.
7. 307 West 103rd Street (Riverside Drive-West End Avenue.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for restoration of the front façade, rear yard addition, new windows and window replacement, and painted stucco surfacing on the rear façade.
8. 340 Riverside Drive (West 106th Street.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for window replacement.
Directed by the City Charter mandate that Community Boards review matters prior to consideration by the Landmarks Preservation Commission, the Preservation Committee reviews the “appropriateness” of proposed changes to individually designated landmarks as well as to properties listed within the Upper West Side’s Historic Districts.
Land Use Committee, Page Cowley and Richard Asche, Co-Chairs
Joint with the Housing Committee, Nick Prigo and Polly Spain, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, August 17, 7:00 PM
1. 75 West End Avenue, New York Sports Club (West 62nd – 63rd Streets.) Application #149-95-BZ to the Board of Standards and Appeals by TSI West End, LLC to extend the term of the previously granted special permit allowing the operation of a physical culture establishment (PCE) at the above subject premises. The extension will be for an additional ten year term from the expiration of the previous grant on July 30, 2016.
2. Riverside Center. Applications by GID to HPD for Affordable Housing plans for:
The applications are available in CB7’s offices.
- 30 Riverside Boulevard (West 61st Street), Building #1
- 10 Riverside Boulevard (59th Street), Building #3
- 633-647 West 59th Street (Freedom Place), Building #4.
Health & Human Services Committee, Catherine DeLazzero and Madge Rosenberg, Co-Chairpersons
Joint with the Inclusionary Playground Task Force, Catherine DeLazzero, Coordinator
Tuesday, August 23, 6:30 PM
At CB7’s District Office, 250 West 87th Street
Bloomingdale Playground (Amsterdam and West 104th Street) Department of Parks & Recreation presentation on final design for the Bloomingdale Playground.
Meetings take place at the Community Board office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise indicated. Agendas are subject to change. To confirm committee agendas and meeting locations, call the Board office at (212) 362-4008. Send comments by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (212) 595-9317.
Resolutions adopted at the committee meetings will be reported at the Full Board Meeting on Tuesday, SEPTEMBER 6, 2016, beginning at 6:30 PM at Fordham University, 113 West 60 Street (Columbus Avenue.)