Committee Agendas May 2016 Subject to Change
All Meetings are held at our Board Office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise noted.
Housing Committee, Nick Prigo and Polly Spain, Co-Chairpersons
At One Centre Street, 19th floor
Monday, May 9, 6:30-8:30PM
The committee will attend the Manhattan Borough President’s Mitchell Lama forum, which is open to the public.
Transportation Committee, Andrew Albert and Dan Zweig, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, May 10, 7:00 PM
1. A request to the NYC Department of Transportation to restrict north-bound left turns from Central Park West onto West 93rd Street, from 7am to 9am, Monday through Friday, as a mitigation to traffic congestion around Columbia Grammar & Prep School.
2. Discussion with Friends of Stryker Park on plans for plaza events on the north side of West 97th Street, Columbus-Amsterdam Avenues, on June 11, 18, and 25 from 10am to 3pm. (Subject to confirmation.)
3. Discussion on Fresh Direct operations on the Upper West Side.
Business & Consumer Issues Committee, Michele Parker and George Zeppenfeldt-Cestero,
Wednesday, May 11, 7:00 PM
Applications to the SLA for two-year liquor licenses:
1. 464 Columbus Avenue (West 82nd Street.) Da Luce Ristorante & Bar Corporation, d/b/a To be Determined.
2. 153-155 AMsterdam Avenue (West 67th Street) 153 Amsterdam Rest, Inc. d/b/a To be Determined.
Unenclosed Sidewalk Café Renewals:
3. 193 Columbus Avenue (West 69th Street.) Renewal application #1216111- DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Yunhua on Columbus, Inc., d/b/a Empire Columbus, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 6 tables and 12 seats.
4. 2170 Broadway (West 76th – 77th Streets.) Renewal application #2010321-DCAto the Department of Consumer Affairs by RF Broadway, d/b/a Red Farm, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 11 tables and 22 seats
5. 349 Amsterdam Avenue (West 77th Street.) Renewal application #2009831-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by BT Restaurant Enterprises LLC, d/b/a Tessa, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 8 tables and 16 seats.
6. 519 Columbus Avenue (West 85th Street.) Renewal application #1395448-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by De La Fontaine, LLC, d/b/a Tratoria Machiavelli for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 21 tables and 42 seats.
New Unenclosed Sidewalk Cafés:
7. 440 Amsterdam Avenue (West 81st – 82nd Streets.) New application DCA# 3912-2016-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Benva Bakery, LLC, d/b/a Orwasher's Bakery, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 11 tables and 25 seats.
8. 450 Amsterdam Avenue (West 82nd Street). New application DCA# 4285-2016-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Gumbull, LLC, d/b/a The Dead Poet, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 5 tables and 11 seats.
9. 949 Columbus Avenue (West 107th – 106th Streets.) New application DCA# 4628-2016-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by P&N Development, d/b/a The Fat Monk, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 6 tables and 12 seats.
10. 982 Amsterdam Avenue (West 108th – 109th Streets.) New application DCA# 3474-2016-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Amity Hall Uptown, Inc., d/b/a Amity Hall, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 12 tables and 24 seats.
Preservation Committee, Jay Adolf and Gabrielle Palitz, Co-Chairpersons
Thursday, May 12, 6:30 PM
1. 466-468 Columbus Avenue (West 82nd – 83rd Streets.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to demolish the existing 3-story commercial building and replace with an 8-story plus penthouse new mixed use (retail and residential) building.
2. 327 Central Park West #15D&E (West 93rd Street.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a new window.
Directed by the City Charter mandate that Community Boards review matters prior to consideration by the Landmarks Preservation Commission, the Preservation Committee reviews the “appropriateness” of proposed changes to individually designated landmarks as well as to properties listed within the Upper West Side’s Historic Districts.
Parks & Environment Committee, Klari Neuwelt, Chairperson
Monday, May 16, 7:00PM
1. Presentation by students from West End Secondary School on their environmental project.
2. Presentation by the Department of Parks & Recreation on the proposed design for the Riverside Skate Park, 108th Street between the Promenade and the HHP.
3. Presentations by the Arts Students League about the upcoming artworks in Riverside South and Zhen Heinemann’s Summer on the Hudson.
4. Highlights from the conference "keeping history above water”.
5. Update on committee discussions.
Land Use Committee, Richard Asche and Page Cowley, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, May 18, 7:00 PM
1. 555 West 59th Street, EVF Performance and Row House (West End Avenue- Amsterdam Avenue.) Application #2016-4172-BZ to the Board and Standards Appeals by EVF Performance and Row House for the operation of a physical culture establishment in a partial sub cellar and partial first floor.
2. Discussion of the design criteria for the Retail Enlargements for Columbus Avenue projects within the UWSURA.
3. Potential mitigation measures within pedestrian corridors and the waterfront at Riverside South and Riverside Center developments proposed and in progress.
Youth, Education & Libraries Committee, Blanche Lawton and Eric Shuffler, Co-Chairpersons
Thursday, May 19, 6:30 PM
Representative from NYC DOE will discuss lead water testing protocols.
Health & Human Services Committee, Catherine DeLazzero and Madge Rosenberg, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, May 24, 7:00 PM
Panel discussion on domestic violence.
Meetings take place at the Community Board office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise indicated. Agendas are subject to change. To confirm committee agendas and meeting locations, call the Board office at (212) 362-4008, or visit www.nyc.gov/mcb7. Send comments by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (212) 595-9317.
Resolutions adopted at the committee meetings will be reported at the Full Board Meeting on Tuesday, June 7, 2016 beginning at 6:30 PM at Fordham University, 113 West 60 Street (Columbus Avenue.)