CALENDAR OF MEETINGS
*PUBLIC HEARINGS are noted with asterisks. MEETINGS AT THE COMMUNITY BOARD OFFICE ARE AT 3 WASHINGTON SQUARE VILLAGE, AT THE BOARD OFFICE CONFERENCE ROOM ADJACENT TO SUITE 1A. Calendar is subject to change, so we suggest that individuals visit our website [cb2manhattan.org] regularly for updates. At all meetings, additional items may be raised as "New Business".
PARKS/WATERFRONT Richard Caccappolo, Chair
Wed., 4/1@ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 411
- *Update on the plan to renovate Little Red Square (addition)
- Update by the Washington Square Park Conservancy.
- Update from Hudson River Park Trust on Pier55 and other initiatives.
TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION Shirley Secunda, Chair
Thurs., 4/2 @6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 207
- * NYC Dept. of Transportation presentation on Spring St. Bicycle Lane: Spring St. from Washington St. to Bowery; Bowery from Spring St. to Rivington St.; Stanton St. from Bowery to Chrystie St.
- * Presentation by the Dept. of Design & Construction regarding water main work around Petrosino Sq. including Lafayette St. from Spring to Broome St. and Cleveland Pl. from Spring to Kenmare St.; on Bowery from Canal to E. 4th Street; on Washington St. from Bethune to West 13th Street; and on W. 13th St. from 7th to 8th Ave.
SIDEWALKS/STREET ACTIVITIES Maria Passannante Derr, Chair
Mon., 4/6 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 206
1.* App. for Modification to operation an unenclosed sidewalk café for:
2.* New App. for revocable consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk cafe for:
- 132 4th Ave. Restaurant, LLC d/b/a The Fourth, 132 4th Ave., with 12 tables & 24 chairs (2005254-DCA)
FYI Sidewalk Café Renewals:
- Tava Café, LLC, d/b/a Balzem, 202 Mott St., with 6 tables & 12 chairs (2828-2015-ASWC)
- International Hospitality Concepts LLC, d/b/a La Loteria, 29 7th Ave. S., with 18 tables & 38 chairs (3125-2015-ASWC)
- Adoro Lei LLC, d/b/a Adoro Lei, 287 Hudson St. with 8 tables & 14 chairs (3205-2015-ASWC)
- Nisida LLC, d/b/a Rossopomodoro, 118 Greenwich Ave., with 9 tables & 32 chairs (3420-2015-ASWC)
- 390 Broome Restaurant LLC, d/b/a Seamore’s, 390 Broome St., with 18 tables & 36 chairs (3288-2015-ASWC)
- PB Hudson LLC, Pizzetteria Brunetti, 626 Hudson St., with 6 tables & 12 chairs (3784-2015-ASWC)
3.* Street Activity Applications:
- Bac Bars Group LLC, d/b/a Bayard’s Ale House, 533 Hudson St. with 14 tables & 32 chairs (CA12488153-DCA)
- Sengupta Food Services LLC, d/b/a SoHo Park, 63 Prince St., with 7 tables & 14 chairs (1277362-DCA)
- 164 Mulberry St. Corp., d/b/a Da Nico Restaurant, 164 Mulberry St. (0949447-DCA)
- 151 Bleecker LLC d/b/a The Red Lion, 151 Bleecker St. with 7 tables and 13 chairs (DCA #1348216DCA) (ENCLOSED SWC)
- Zonor Rest. Corp. d/b/a Riviera Café, 225 West 4th St. with 17 tables and 36 chairs (DCA #0629616DCA) (ENCLOSED SWC)
FYI Street Activity Renewals:
- 6/13/15 – Portuguese Soho Single Block Party, Sullivan St. between West Houston and Prince St.
- 6/18/15 – Hudson Park Library Summer Reading Kick-off Block Party, Leroy St. between 7th Ave. South and Hudson St.
- 6/19/15 – City As School End of year BBQ Block Party, 16 Clarkson St. between Hudson St. and Varick St.
- 6/20/15 – NYC Exotics Night Car Show, 1) 9th Ave. between W. 13th St. and W. 14th St., 2) 9th Ave. between W. 13th St. and Little W. 12th St.
- 6/21/15 – Make Music New York on Greene St. Block Party, Greene St. between Grand St. and Broome St.
- 9/3/15 – 19th Annual New School Block Party, West 12th St. between 5th Ave. and 6th Ave.
Please contact the CB2 office if you have an issue with a FYI Sidewalk Café or Street Activity renewal application or to have them placed on the agenda for this meeting.
- 5/2/15 – Cooke Center Street Fair, MacDougal St. between West Houston St. and King St.
- 5/30/15 – Jane St. Block Assoc. Street Sale, Jane St. between 8th Ave. and Hudson St.
- 5/29/15 - 5/31/15 – 2015 World Science Festival Street Fair, 1) LaGuardia Pl. between Washington Square South and West 3rd St., 2) Washington Square South between MacDougal St. and Washington Square East, 3) West 4th St. between Washington Square East and Mercer St.
- 6/1/15 – 11/2/15 – South Village Farmers Market, 6th Ave. between Carmine St. and West 3rd St.
- 6/7/15 – Open Air Street Fair, Crosby St. between Prince St. and E. Houston St.
- 6/21/15 – Make Musice New York at Astor Place, Astor Place between Broadway and Lafayette St.
- 6/21/15 – Make Music New York on Cornelia St., Cornelia St. between Bleecker St. and West 4th St.
- 6/28/15 – Sons of Italy Anniversary Block Party, 203 Grand St. between Mulberry St. and Mott St.
- 10/1/15 – NYU Wellness Expo Block Party, Washington Pl. between Washington Square East and Greene St.
- 10/17/15 – Marco Polo 2015 Block Party, Grand St. between Mott St. and Mulberry St.
SLA LICENSING #I Carter Booth, Robert Ely, Co-Chairs
Tues., 4/7 @ 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall
1a.* Apps. to the SLA for Corporate Change to beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- The Broome Street Bar, Inc., 361-363 W. Broadway 10013 (on-premise)
- Liberty Theater, Inc., d/b/a Minetta Lane Theater, 18 Minetta Lane 10012 (RW)
- Soho Sushi, Inc., 231 Sullivan St. 10012 (RW)
1c.* Apps. to the SLA for New beer and/or wine License:
- COS206 LLC, d/b/a Costata, 206 Spring St. 10012 (on-premise) (withdrawn-will resubmit) (withdrawn)
- SoHo Grand Hotel, LLC, SoHo Grand Hotel, 310 W. Broadway 10013 (on-premise)(adding an outdoor patio)
- SoHo Grand Hotel, LLC, SoHo Grand Hotel, 310 W. Broadway 10013 (on-premise)(adding ground floor addition and stand-up bar on 2nd floor)
1d.* Apps. to the State Liquor Authority (SLA) for New License to sell liquor on-premise:
- Sweetgreen New York LLC, d/b/a Sweetgreen Nolita, 100 Kenmare St. 10012 (withdrawn)
- 135, LLC d/b/a Once Upon a Tart, 135 Sullivan St. North and South Stores 10012 (withdrawn)
- 135 Tart, LLC, d/b/a Once Upon a Tart, 135 Sullivan St. North Side 10012 (WILL BE HEARD)
- Bar Giacosa Corp., d/b/a IL Pittino, 268-270 6th Ave. 10014 (laid over)
- An Entity to be Formed by Daniel La Vain, 144 Sullivan St. 10012 (withdrawn)
- Doshermanos, LLC, 95 MacDougal St. Store B 10012 (laid over)
- Indorama Inc., d/b/a Mirch Masala, 95 MacDougal St. 10012
- Song & Napule Inc., 146 W. Houston St. 10012
- 13 Sullivan Gents LLC, d/b/a 142 Sullivan, 142 Sullivan St. 10012
- Dragonfly Soul, Inc., 140 W. 4th St. 10012
FYI Renewals: Kettle of Fish, 57-59 Christopher St. (on-premise); Abbottega, 14-16 Bedford St. (on-premise); Istanbul Grill, 310 W. 14th St. (RW); Umberto’s Clam House, 132-138 Mulberry St. (on-premise); Jeffreys, 172 Waverly Pl. (on-premise); Agata & Valentina, 64-68 University Pl. (RW); Musket Hospitality LLC, 265 Elizabeth St. (on-premise); Pan Asian Bistro, 26A Carmine St. (RW); Hirohisa, 73 Thompson St. (RW); Indochine, 430 Lafayette St. (on-premise); Burger Joint, 33 W. 8th St. (on-premise); Toby’s Public House II, LLC, 86 Kenmare St. (RW); Corkbuzz Wine Studio LLC, 13 E 13th St. (on-premise); Korchma Taras Bulba, 357 West Broadway (on-premise); Masamoto Sushi Inc., 88 W. 3rd St. (RW); Rosemary’s, 18 Greenwich Ave. (RW); Mercer Kitchen LLC, 147 Mercer St. (on-premise); Charlie Bird, 5 King St. 1FE (on-premise); Danico, 164 Mulberry St. (on-premise); Benito One Restauarant, 174 Mulberry St. (on-premise); Nanoosh, 111 University Pl. (RW); Lelabar, 422 Hudson St. (RW); Café Loup, 105 W. 13th St. (on-premise); Empellon; 230 W. 4th St. (on-premise); The Village Tavern, 46 Bedford St. (on-premise); Greenwich Treehouse, 46 Greenwich Ave. (on-premise); Silver Spurs, 490 LaGuardia Pl. (on-premise); Rockmeisha, 11 Barrow St. (RW); Malatesta, 649 Washington St. (RW); Wild Ginger Vegetarian Kitchen, 380 Broome St. (RW); Piccola Cucina, 196 Spring St. (RW); Wine Spot, 127 MacDougal St. (RW); Soto Japanese Restaurant, 357 Sixth Ave. (RW); Redfarm, 529 Hudson St. (on-premise); Decoy, 529 Hudson St. (on-premise); Café Asean, 117 W. 10th St. GF (RW); The Grey Dog Inc., 90 University Place (RW); La BonBonniere, 28 Eighth Ave. (RW); L’Ecole and FCI Catering & Events, 462 Broadway (on-premise); Sushi West Corp., 556 Hudson St. (RW); The Westway, 75-77 Clarkson St. (on-premise); Corner Deli aka La Esquina, 114 Kenmare St. aka 106 Kenmare St & 199 Lafayette St. (on-premise); Doman a rohu, 27 1/2 Morton St. (RW); Gansevoort Market Coffee Shop Inc., 44 Little W. 12th St. (RW); Saikai Dining Bar, 24 Greenwich Ave. (RW); Lazy Point, 310 Spring St. (on-premise); Tropical 28, 128 Elizabeth St. (on-premise); Art Bar, 52 8th Ave. (on-premise); Market Table, 54 Carmine St. (on-premise); Little Owl, 90 Bedford St. Space #1 (RW); Left Bank, 117 Perry St. (on-premise); Restaurant Felix, 340 W. Broadway (on-premise); The Mercer I LLC, 147 Mercer St, aka 99 Prince St. (on-premise); La Mela Ristorante, 171 Mulberry St. (on-premise); ZZ’s Clam Bar, 169 Thompson St. (on-premise); Estela, 47 E. Houston St, 1st Floor (on-premise); Minetta Tavern, 111-113 MacDougal St. (on-premise); PANCA, 92 7th Ave. S. (on-premise)
- Legend West Village, LLC, 82 West 3rd St. 10012
- Herm, LLC, 160 Prince St. 10012 (withdrawn)
FYI Alterations: Grotta Azzurra Restaurant, 177 Mulberry St. (on-premise); Il Piccolo Bufalo, 141 Mulberry St. (on-premise); Il Cortile, 123-125 Mulberry St. (on-premise); Taormina, 145-147 Mulberry St. (on-premise); Puglia Restaurant, 189 Hester St. (on-premise); Sambuca’s Café, 105 Mulberry St. (on-premise); Lunella Ristorante Inc., 173 Mulberry St. (on-premise); In Bocca Lupo Ltd., 113 Mulberry St. (on-premise); Ristorante Luna, 115 Mulberry St. (RW); Umberto’s Clam House, 132-138 Mulberry St. (on-premise); Benito One Restaurant, 174 Mulberry St. 10013 (on-premise)
**Please contact the Board office if you have an issue with these applications, to have them placed on the agenda for this meeting.
LAND USE Anita Brandt, Chair
Wed., 4/8 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 411
- *80 Fifth Avenue (southwest corner of 14th Street) for a Physical Culture Establishment (PCE). BSA Application #59-15-BZ is for a special permit to legalize and re-establish an expired special permit. (withdrawn)
- *557 Broadway (west side of Broadway between Spring and Prince Streets) Application 146-96-BZ by Scholastic 557 Broadway LLC to the Board of Standards and Appeals to amend a previously approved variance to allow proposed modifications to (1) relocate the Broadway lobby and common areas from the eastern portion of the building facing Broadway to the western portion of the building facing Mercer Street and (2) relocate the retail space from the western portion of the building facing Mercer Street to the eastern portion of the building facing Broadway and (3) increase the retail floor area from 6,616 square feet to 8,151 square feet with a corresponding decrease in the office lobby and common area space.
- *39 Clarkson Street (between Hudson and Greenwich Streets) BSA Application #64-15-BZ is for a variance to permit conversion of six-story former manufacturing building in an M1-6 district to have eight residential units with four accessory parking space.
- St. Vincent’s Park (located at the intersection of Seventh Avenue and Greenwich Avenue between West 12th and West 11th Sts.). Zoning text amendment N150267ZRM and zoning map amendment M150203MMM. The actions before the Board pertain to: 1) a zoning map amendment to transfer ownership of the park to the City and the formal designation of the park as a City park (M150203MMM) and 2) a zoning text amendment (N150267ZRM) to allow space that has been designated as “open space” to be designated as a city park instead. There are no changes to the design of the park. (addition)
- *Update on the Zoning for Quality and Affordability Text Amendment scoping hearing held on March 25th and discussion of additional CB2 response in light of DCP decision to extend deadline to April 30.
SLA LICENSING #II Carter Booth, Robert Ely, Co-Chairs
Thurs., 4/9 @ 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall
1a.* Apps. to the SLA for Corporate Change to beer and wine or liquor on-premise:
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for Renewal for beer and wine or liquor on-premise:
- 31 Great Jones Restaurant Corp. d/b/a Vic’s, 31 Great Jones St. 10012 (on-premise)
1c.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- 61 Gans Restaurant LLC, d/b/a BFB, Opus, The Raven, 53-59 Gansevoort St. (on-premise)
1d.* Apps. to the SLA for New beer and/or wine License:
- Yerina Restaurant Corp., d/b/a Arte Restaurant, 21 E. 9th St. 10013 (on-premise)
- 24 5th Ave., LLC d/b/a Claudette, 24 5th Ave. 10011 (on-premise)
- Corkbuzz Wine Studio LLC, 13 E. 13th St. 10013 (on-premise) (modification of hours)
1e.* Apps. to the State Liquor Authority (SLA) for New License to sell liquor on-premise:
- Dumpling 516 Hudson NY, Inc., 516 Hudson St. 10014 (laid over)
- NYPiada, Inc., 15 8th Ave. 10014 (laid over)
- Ogawa Sushi Inc., d/b/a Ogawa Café, 36 E. 4th St. 10003
- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen Center, Inc., d/b/a Sheen Center, 18 Bleecker St. 10012
- Beer Factory, LLC, d/b/a Lionsbeerstore, 15 E. 12th St. 10003 (withdrawn)
- Feung Fu, Inc. d/b/a Lan Larb Soho, 227 Centre St. 10013
- Emmanuel NY Corp., 194 Grand St. 10013
- Margherita Corp, 197 Grand St. 10013
- La Gringa Christopher Street Corp., 82 Christopher St. 10014 (laid over)
- Early Mist LLC, d/b/a Pastis, 54-56 Gansevoort St. 10014 (withdrawn)
- Hudson Gastropub LLC, d/b/a The Hudson Division, 131 Christopher St. 10014 (laid over)
- San Remo Group One LLC, d/b/a San Remo, 201 Lafayette St. 10012
- An entity to be formed by The Sheetz Group and Ken Friedman, 45 Bond St. 10012
- Hornblower NY, LLC d/b/a Espirit, 353 West St. – Pier 40 10014
ARTS & INSTITUTIONS Arthur Schwartz, Chair
Tues., 4/14 @ 7:00 PM- New School, 63 Fifth Avenue, 1st Floor, Room: U201
- Construction of New School Performing Arts Hub at 55 West 13th Street.
- Westbeth - discussion with Residents Committee about vacancy rent increases.
- Art Bridge - discussion of scuttling of planned presentation on walls of Aids Memorial Park due to termination of City program.
LANDMARKS 1 Sean Sweeney, Doris Diether, Co-Chairs
Thurs., 4/16 @ 6:30 PM- Grace Church School, 86 Fourth Ave. Tuttle Hall (Please click on the locations below to download the presentations)
- *374 West Broadway, aka 372-374 & 376 West Broadway, 504-506 Broome Street-Application is to redesign the facades and construct a ramp. (addition)
- *150 Mercer St. - Application is to install new groud floor storefront infill.
- *190 Bowery-Application is to install a new ADA-accessible door on Spring St. and reconfigure “special” reeded glass and stained glass windows on non-visible rear facade.
LANDMARKS 2 Chenault Spence, Doris Diether, Co-Chairs
Mon., 4/20 @ 6:45 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 206 (Please click on the links belwo to download presentations)
- *23 Jones Street (Part 1, Part 2) – Application is to replace deteriorated brownstone elements with precast element. (withdrawn)
- *154 West 14th Street - Application is to install rooftop mechanical equipment. (addition)
- *16-18 Charles Street - Application is to correct the removal of a canopy and fence, removal of planters, replacing stone pavers and curbing, repainting the doors and sidelights, and the legalization of stucco and intercoms that were installed without LPC permits. (addition)
- *444 6th Avenue - Application is to modify the rooftop addition and legalize the installation of railings and HVAC equipment in non-compliance with Certificate of Appropriateness 03-0464. (addition)
- *135 Greene Street - Application is to create a new window opening.(addition)
EXECUTIVE Tobi Bergman, Chair
Tues., 4/21 @ 6:30 PM- CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
FULL BOARD Tobi Bergman, Chair
Thurs., 4/23 @ 6:30 PM- Scholastic Building, 557 Broadway, Auditorium
THE PUBLIC SESSION BEGINS AT 6:30 PM. SPEAKERS CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM 6:30 TO 7:00 PM. Reports from the Chair, District Manager, Borough President, Standing Committees. INDIVIDUALS WHO CANNOT ATTEND ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT WRITTEN TESTIMONY IN ADVANCE TO THE BOARD OFFICE. WRITTEN TESTIMONY WILL BE PLACED INTO THE RECORD.
QUALITY OF LIFE Robert Woodworth, Chair
Mon., 4/27 @6:30 PM- LGBT Center, 208 W. 13th St (btwn. 7th/8th Aves)
[See amended calendar for agenda.]
SOCIAL SERVICES Sasha Greene Chair
Tues., 4/28 @ 6:30 PM- St. John’s Lutheran Church, 81 Christopher St.
[See amended calendar for agenda.]
The Schools & Education Committee is not meeting in April.