Please click here to view the CB2 Google Calendar in a separate webpage
CALENDAR OF MEETINGS
*PUBLIC HEARINGS are noted with asterisks. MEETINGS AT THE COMMUNITY BOARD OFFICE ARE AT 3 WASHINGTON SQUARE VILLAGE, AT THE BOARD OFFICE CONFERENCE ROOM ADJACENT TO SUITE 1A. Calendar is subject to change, so we suggest that individuals visit our website [cb2manhattan.org] regularly for updates. At all meetings, additional items may be raised as "New Business".
SLA LICENSING 1
Robert Ely, Chair
Tues., 12/6 @ 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall 1a.* Applications to the New York State Liquor Authority (SLA) for Corporate Change Application to existing
Restaurant Wine (RW), Tavern Wine (TW) or Full Liquor On-Premise (OP) Licenses:
• 128 Billiard, Inc., d/b/a Tropical 128, 128 Elizabeth St. 10013 (OP - Tavern) (selling to new Principals) 1b.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
• 219 Mulberry, LLC, d/b/a Ruby’s, 219B Mulberry St. 10012 (RW – Restaurant) 1c.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Restaurant Wine (RW) or Tavern Wine (TW):
1d.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Full Liquor On-Premise (OP):
- Hello Saigon, Inc., d/b/a N/A, 180 Bleecker St. 10012 (RW – Retaurant) (laid over)
- 219B, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 219C Mulberry St. 10012 (RW – Restaurant)
- Liberty Theatres, LLC, d/b/a Minetta Lane Theatre, 18-22 Minetta Lane 10012 (RW – Bar)
- Banter Hospitality Group, d/b/a Banter, 169 Sullivan St. 10012 (OP- Restaurant)
- ZMZ Barrow Tavern, LLC, d/b/a Barrow Street Ale House, 15 Barrow St. 10012 (OP – Tavern/Sport Bar until 4 AM)
- J Brothers Entertainment Corp., d/b/a N/A, 393 Canal St. 10013 (OP – Karaoke) (2nd fl.) (transfer)
- ClimbOn, LLC, d/b/a Harri’s Bistro, 202 Centre St. 10013 (OP – French Bistro with live music)(laid over)
- CCFC 62 Spring LLC, d/b/a Chefs Club Counter, 62 Spring St. 10012 (OP – Restaurant with sidewalk cafe)
- Coriander Factory, Inc., d/b/a Bo Caphe, 222 Lafayette St. South Store 10012 (OP – Restaurant)(Class Change to OP with sidewalk cafe)
- Corp. being formed by Scott Perez, d/b/a Toad Hall, 62 Grand St. (OP – Tavern until 4 AM Closing 7 days)
- Romagna Corp., d/b/a N/A, 182 Bleecker St. 10012 (OP – Restaurant)(Upgrade to OP with rear garden)
Upholstery Store, 713-715 Washington St. (OP); Toloache, 205 Thompson St. (OP); Bell Book & Candle, 141 W. 10th St. (OP); New York Shakespeare Festival & Joe’s Pub, 425 Lafayette St. – North Store (OP); Great Jones Café, 54 Great Jones St. 10012 (OP); Caliente Cab Rest. Co., 61 7th Ave. So. (OP); Rock Bar NYC, 185 Christopher St. (OP); Goemon Curry, 29 Kenmare St. (RW); 49 Grove, 49 Grove St. (OP); Toad Hall, 57 Grand St. (OP); Greenwich Project, 47 W. 8th St. (OP); Manousheh, 193 Bleecker St. (RW); American Flatbread NYC, 205 Hudson St. (OP); Pomodoro Pizzeria, 51 Spring St. (OP); Village Den Restaurant, 225 W. 12th St. (RW); Houston Hall, 222 W. Houston St. (OP); The Up & Up, 116 MacDougal St. (OP); The Meatball Shop, 64 Greenwich Ave. (OP); Jack’s Wife Freda, 224 Lafayette St. (OP); Morandi, 15 Charles St. (OP); Casa Bella Ristorante, 127A Mulberry St. (OP); The Vig Bar, 12 Spring St. (OP); New Tu Do Restaurant, 102 Bowery (RW); Mottsu, 285 Mott St. Store 4 & 5 (RW); Aurora SoHo, 510 Broome St. (OP); Hecho en Dumbo, 354 Bowery (OP)
**Please contact the Board office if you have an issue with these applications or if you wish to request to have them placed on the agenda for this meeting.
Richard, Caccappolo, Chair
Wed., 12/7 @ 6:30 PM- Dapolito Recreation Center, 3rd Fl., 1 Clarkson St. (corner of 7th Ave. South)
- Update on in-process parks projects in Community District 2.
TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION
Shirley Secunda, Chair
Thurs., 12/8 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Building, 194 Mercer St. Room 203
- * Presentation on Bus Turnaround Campaign.
- * Request to replace overly bright LED street lights with LED lights having lower wattage and warmer tones on Barrow/Bedford Sts.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Robert Woodworth, Chair
Mon., 12/12 @ 6:30 PM- Little Red School House, 272 Sixth Avenue, Auditorium
1.* Application to install 12 planters on Prince Street between Broadway and Mercer Streets.
2.* Presentation on the 311 System: How to get the most out of it; focus on different types of noise complaints. FYI/Renewal Sidewalk Cafes:
FYI/Renewal Street Activities:
- Fiftyone Merchants, LLC, d/b/a Via Carota, 51 Grove St. with 8 tables & 16 chairs (2008442-DCA)
- Erjo Company, LLC, d/b/a Cafetal, 285 Mott St. with 6 tables & 12 chairs (2006082-DCA)
- 1/7/17 & 12/31/17 – Old Cathedral Outdoor Market, Prince St. between Mott St. and Mulberry St.
- 2/3/17 & 12/17/17 – St. Anthony Flea Market, West Houston St. between Thompson St. MacDougal St.
- 4/1/17 – Saint Joseph’s Church – Washington Place Festival, Washington Place between 6th Ave. and Grove St.
- 4/8/17 – Our Lady of Pompeii Church 6th Ave. Festival, 6th Ave. between West 8th St. and West 14th St.
- 4/15/17 – Community Board 2 Broadway Festival, Broadway between East 8th St. and East 14th St.
- 5/7/17 & 6/4/17 – Washington Square Outdoor Art Exhibit, University Place between Waverly Place and East 13th St.
- 9/2/17 & 9/10/17 – Washington Square Outdoor Art Exhibit, University Place between Waverly Place and East 13th St.
Please contact the CB2 office if you have an issue with an FYI Street Activity application or to have it placed on the agenda for this meeting.
LAND USE & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Anita Brandt, Chair
Wed., 12/14 @ 6:30 PM- Grace Church School (Dining Room West), 86 Fourth Ave.
- *25 Bleecker Street (between Mott and Elizabeth Streets) BSA Cal. No 2016-4265-BZ application to allow the construction of a new building to have Use Group 6 (commercial) and Use Group 2 (residential) on the upper floors contrary to the zoning district regulation because it does not comply with rear yard requirements. The applicant is to present some modifications to application for review.
- *640 Broadway (SE corner of Bleecker St) CPC application170006ZSM for a Section 74-711 special permit to modify the height and setback regulations and the recreational space requirements to facilitate the construction of two penthouse additions.
SLA LICENSING 2
Carter Booth, Chair
Thurs., 12/15 @ 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall 1a.* Applications to the New York State Liquor Authority (SLA) for Corporate Change Application to existing
Restaurant Wine (RW), Tavern Wine (TW) or Full Liquor On-Premise (OP) Licenses:
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Restaurant Wine (RW) or Tavern Wine (TW):
- Bill’s 22 Ninth Avenue, LLC, d/b/a Bills Bar & Burger, 22 9th Ave. 10014 (OP – Restaurant)(Corp. Change)
- 675 Hudson Vault LLC, d/b/a Dos Caminos/Troy Liquor Bar, 675 Hudson St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant) (Corp. Change)
- The Vault, LLC, d/b/a Lively, Vault at 675 Hudson St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant)(Corp. Change)
- 475 SoHo, LLC, d/b/a Dos Caminos SoHo, 475-477 West Broadway 10012 (OP – Restaurant) (Corp. Change)
- Strip House Restaurant NY, LLC, d/b/a Strip House, 13 East 12th St. 1003 (OP – Restaurant)(License #1256887) (Corp. Change)
- Strip House Restaurant NY, LLC, d/b/a Strip House Grill, 11 East 12th St. 10003 (OP – Bar) (License #1258800) (Corp. Change)
1c.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Full Liquor On-Premise (OP):
- BIO 375 Broadway, LLC and Guateng, LLC, d/b/a Jacks Wife Freda & BIO, 375 West Broadway 10012 (TW -Tavern Wine)(includes DJs and live music)
- Sushi on Bedford, LLC, d/b/a N/A, 27 Bedford St. 10014 (RW – Restaurant)
- Entity to be formed by John Witham, d/b/a Pocket Bar, 14 Bedford St. 10014 (TW-Tavern Wine)
- RH NY MP F&B, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 9-19 Ninth Ave. 10014 (RW – Retail Store with live music and Restaurant)
- Manu, Inc., 10 Little W. 12th St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant) (includes Rear Yard Garden)
- Amber 135 Village, Inc., d/b/a Amber, 135 Christopher St. 10014 (OP – Bar & Restaurant)
- Casita West Village, LLC, d/b/a Casita, 681 Washington St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant with sidewalk cafe)
- FB 35 East 13, Inc, d/b/a N/A, 35 East 13th St. 10003 (OP – BAR, currently operating as BAR 13, includes late night live music, Rooftop, DJs and Patron Dancing)
- The Meatpackers, Inc. , d/b/a TBD, 1-3 Little West 12th St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant with sidewalk cafe) (laid over to FEBRUARY)
Chenault Spence, Chair
Thurs., 12/15 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Building, 194 Mercer St. Room 203
- *29 W. 8th St . - Application is to install new windows at the front façade.
- *484 Broome St. – Application is to replace existing window with a door on the ground floor.
- *375 W. Broadway - Application to replace sidewalk vault, cover the vault with diamond plate and to restore steps using existing “vault” lights in risers
- *81 Charles St. – Application is to convert the building from multi-family apartments back to a single-family residence; rebuild the historic front stoop that had been removed and restore the base of the front facade to match the original design; enlarge an existing one-story rear extension into a two-story rear yard addition; add a rooftop addition and stair bulkhead; excavate the cellar down and expand it to the rear, under the rear yard.
- *240 Sullivan St . - Application is to alter the storefront and install a mural sign.
- * 620 Broadway – Application is to install new steel fram windows and doors in reconfigured masonry openings, alteration to areaway and entry gates, and sidewalk repair.
- *79 Washington Pl. – Application is to replace an existing rooftop cooling tower with a smaller unit.
- *529 Broadway - Application is to install privacy interior film for fitting & storage room façade windows.
Tobi Bergman, Chair
Tues., 12/20 @ 6:30 PM- CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
Terri Cude, Chair
Thurs., 12/22 @ 6:30 PM- St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall
THE PUBLIC SESSION BEGINS AT 6:30 PM. SPEAKER’S CARDS WILL BE NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER 7:00 PM. Reports from the Chair, District Manager, Borough President, Standing Committees. INDIVIDUALS WHO CANNOT ATTEND ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT WRITTEN TESTIMONY IN ADVANCE TO THE BOARD OFFICE. WRITTEN TESTIMONY WILL BE PLACED INTO THE RECORD.
Sasha Greene, Chair
Tues., 12/27 @ 6:30 PM- (See amended calendar for agenda and locations.)
The following committees will not meet in November:
- Arts & Institutions
- Schools & Education