Please click here to view the CB2 Google Calendar in a separate webpage
AMENDED CALENDAR OF MEETINGS
*PUBLIC HEARINGS are noted with asterisks. MEETINGS AT THE COMMUNITY BOARD OFFICE ARE AT 3 WASHINGTON SQUARE VILLAGE, AT THE BOARD OFFICE CONFERENCE ROOM ADJACENT TO SUITE 1A. Calendar is subject to change, so we suggest that individuals visit our website [cb2manhattan.org] regularly for updates. At all meetings, additional items may be raised as "New Business".
PARKS/WATERFRONT Rich Caccappolo, Chair
Wed., 7/6 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 520
- *Presentation by the Parks Department of the Dapolito Center study.
- Discussion of the painting of murals at JJ Walker Park.
- *Capital & Expense Budget Priorities for FY 2018.
TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION Shirley Secunda, Chair
Thurs., 7/7 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 520
- * Presentation by MTA NYC Transit concerning the L train Canarsie tube project, including the two different construction options of one or two tubes closure and potential mitigation options, such as train, bus and ferry service, plus addressing travel along 14th St.
- * Request for a speed hump on Charles St. bet. Washington and West Sts.
- * Request for a speed hump on W. 10th St. bet. Washington and West Sts.
- * Capital & Expense Budget Priorities for FY 2018.
SCHOOLS & EDUCATION Jeannine Kiely, Chair
Mon., 7/11 @ 6:00 PM- Little Red School House, 272 Sixth Ave. (corner of Bleecker St.), Auditorium
- *Capital & Expense Budget Priorities for FY 2018.
PIER 40 / ST. JOHNS TERMINAL WORKING GROUP Tobi Bergman Chair
Mon., 7/11 @ 6:30 PM- Little Red School House, 272 Sixth Ave. (corner of Bleecker St.), Auditorium
- *Continuation of a public hearing to review an application to the City Planning Commission pertaining to proposed development at St. Johns Terminal including transfer of air rights from Pier 40 in Hudson River Park. The application was certified by the Department of City Planning on May 9th for a resolution by Community Board 2 to be considered at the July full board meeting. [EXECUTIVE SESSION ONLY]
QUALITY OF LIFE Robert Woodworth, Chair
Tues., 7/12 @ 6:30 PM- Judson Church (Assembly Hall), 239 Thompson St.
1.* New App. for revocable consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café for:
• BLL Restaurant Corp., d/b/a Porto Bello Restaurant, 208 Thompson St., with 2 tables & 5 chairs (0924708-DCA)
• Supernatural Wine, Inc. d/b/a La Compagnies Des Vins Surnaturels, 247 Centre St., with 6 tables & 12 chairs (7793-2016-ASWC)
• Nicky Cast Pizza, Inc. d/b/a Denino’s Pizzeria & Tavern, 93 MacDougal St., with 5 tables & 10 chairs (7495-2016-ASWC)
• Bill’s 22 Ninth Avenue LLC, d/b/a Bill’s Bar & Burger, 22 9th Ave. with 14 tables & 44 chairs (7931-2016-ASWC)
• Box Hill LLC, d/b/a N/A, 18 King St. with 10 tables & 24 chairs (8570-2016-AWSC)
FYI/Renewal Sidewalks Café:
• I Malatesta Trattoria, Inc. d/b/a Malatesta Trattoria, 649 Washington St., with 18 tables & 35 chairs (1076713-DCA)
2.* Street Activity Applications:
• 8/10/16 – 8/14/16 – Clear Eyes Pure Relief Activation Special Event, Astor Place between Lafayette St. and Fourth Ave.
• 8/23/16 – Greenwich House Block Party, 27 Barrow St. between Bleecker St. and West 4th St.
• 9/15/16 – NYU Opportunity Program Welcome Back Event Block Party, 18 Washington Place between Washington Square East and Greene St.
• 10/1/16 – OCM Church Grand Reopening Celebration, 59 Elizabeth St. between Hester St. and Canal St.
• 10/5/16 – Slice Out Hunger Single Block Festival, 155 Sullivan St. between West Houston St. and Prince St.
• 10/8/16 - University Place – Women’s Democratic Club PopUp Consolidation Street Festival, University Place between East 14th St and Waverly Place.
• 10/15/16 – 20th Annual Tavern on Jane Block Party, Jane St. between 8th Ave. and Hudson St.
FYI/Renewal Street Activities:
• 8/27/17 – Ninth Precinct Community Coucil Astor Place Festival Co-sponsored Event, Astor Place between Broadway and Lafayette St.
• 9/4/16 – Avenues for Justice Inc. (f/k/a Andrew Glover Youth Program) 4th Avenue Festival co-sponsored event, 4 Ave. between East 9th St. and 14th St.
• 9/17/16 – Annual Cornelia Street Block Concert, 17 Cornelia St. between Bleecker St and West 4th St.
• 9/18/16 - Palio on Minetta Block Party, Minetta Street between Bleecker St. and Minetta Lane.
• 9/18/16 – Cycle for the Cause – Northeast AIDS Ride, West 13th St between 7th Ave. and Greenwich Ave.
• 9/20/16 - NYU Wellness Expo Block Party, West 3rd St. between LaGuardia Pl. and Mercer St.
• 10/15/16 – Bedford Downing Block Association Sidewalk Sale, Downing St. between Sixth Ave. and Bedford St.
• 10/22/16 – West Village Eats 2016 Special Event, Grove St. between Bedford St. and Hudson St.
3.* Consideration of support for NYU Health + Hospitals' World Trade Center Environmental Health Center's application to continue to administer the World Trade Center Health Program's Survivor Program.
4.* Expense Budget Priorities for FY 2018.
Please contact the CB2 office if you have an issue with an a FYI Sidewalk Café or an FYI Street Activity application or to have them placed on the agenda for this meeting.
SLA LICENSING 1 Robert Ely, Chair
Tues., 7/12 @ 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall
1a.* Apps. to the SLA for Renewal to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- 5 Spring Street Corp. d/b/a Sweet & Vicious Bar, 5 Spring St. 10012 (OP-renewal with complaints)
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- UBC, LLC d/b/a Mr. Donahues, 203 Mott St. 10012 (RW)
- Supernatural Wine, Inc. & Supernatural Wines NY, LLC d/b/a La Compagnies de Vin Surnaturels, 247-249 Centre St. 10013 (RW)
- YN Winebar, LLC, d/b/a YN Wine Bar, 227 Mott St. 10012 (OP) (already heard)
1c.* Apps. to the SLA for Corporate Change Application to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- West 4th Street Rest. Corp., d/b/a Washington Square Diner, 150 W. 4th St. 10012 (RW)
- New York Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, d/b/a N/A, 536 LaGuardia Pl. 10012 (OP)
1d.* Apps. to the SLA for New beer and/or wine License (RW):
- Pi Odyssey Coporation d/b/a Pi Bakerie, 512 Broome St. 10013 (RW) (laid over)
- Vishnu Food, Inc., d/b/a OM, 204 Spring St. 10012 (RW)
- LPQ 205 Bleecker, Inc., d/b/a Le Pain Quotidien, 205 Bleecker St. 10012 (RW)
- C. Ho on Behalf of an entity to be determined, d/b/ TBD, 121 W. 3rd St. 10001 (RW)
1e.* Apps. to the State Liquor Authority (SLA) for New License to sell liquor on-premise (OP):
FYI Renewals: The Quarter, 522 Hudson St. (OP); B&B Wine Pub, 25 W. Houston St. (OP); Barraca & Melibea, 81 Greenwich Ave. 10014 (OP); The Grisly Pear, 107 MacDougal St. (OP); Murray’s Cheese, 254 Bleecker St. (RW); Peculier Pub, 145 Bleecker St. (OP); Sweet Life Café, 147 Christopher St. (Beer & Cider); Virgola, 28 Greenwich Ave Store #2 (OP); Sweet & Vicious Bar, 5 Spring St. 10012 (OP); Shade, 241 Sullivan St. (OP); Tenjune and STK, 26 Little West 12th St. (OP); Hudson Hound, 575 Hudson St. (OP); Sensation, 353 West St. Pier 40 (OP); Infinity, 353 West St. (OP); Flex Mussels, 154 W. 13th St. (OP); Waverly Restaurant LLC, 16-18 Bank St. (Waverly Pl. & W. 4th St.)(OP); Galanga, Thai Cooking, 149 W. 4th St. (OP); Heermance Farm Purveyors, 83 Christopher St. (OP); Down The Hatch, 175-179 W. 4th St. (OP); Palma, 28 ½ Cornelia St. (OP); Gallo Nero, 95 7th Ave. South (OP); El Toro Blanco, 10 Downing St. (OP); SoHo Wine Gallery Inc., 187 Spring St. (OP); Formerly Crow’s, 85 Washingtong Place (OP); New York Chapter of the American Institution of Architects, 536 LaGuardia Pl. (OP)
- Restaurant Associates, Inc., d/b/a N/A, 557 Broadway, 11th Fl. 10012 (OP) (laid over)
- Jomelo, LLC, d/b/a Socarrat Nolita, 284 Mulberry St. 10012 (OP) (Class Change)
- MHJ Management, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 428 Lafayette St. 10003 (OP)
- Maman Tribeca, LLC, d/b/a International Center of Photography & Maman at ICP, 250 Bowery St. 10012 (OP)
- Caffe Valdino, Inc., d/b/a V Bar, 225 Sullivan St. 10012 (OP) (Class Change) (withdrawn-will resubmit)
• Little Italy Speakeasy, Inc., d/b/a My Little Secret Rest, 149 Mulberry St. 10013 (OP)
**Please contact the Board office if you have an issue with these applications or if you wish to request to have them placed on the agenda for this meeting.
LAND USE & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT Anita Brandt, Chair
Wed., 7/13 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 520
- *323-327 Avenue of the Americas (between Carmine Street and Cornelia/West 4th Streets). Final review of BSA Cal. No. 2016-4138-BZ, an application to the Board of Standards and Appeals for a variance pursuant to ZR Section 72-21 to modify certain use and bulk regulations to allow a three-story (plus cellar) enlargement to the IFC Center on the vacant portion of the zoning lot with frontage on Cornelia Street.
- *95 Horatio Street (north side between 10th Avenue and Washington Street). Final review of an application to the Department of City Planning for Modification of Restrictive Declaration D-93 (1984). The applicant will propose community benefits in connection with the proposed modification of use restrictions on a 4,700 SF portion of the ground floor space of the existing building.
- *119 Christopher Street (north side of the street between Hudson and Bleecker Streets) BSA CAL. No. 818-85-BZ application is to modify a condition to a previously granted variance pursuant 72-21. Variance to permit Use Group 6 retail in a portion of the ground floor of a multiple dwelling in R6 zoning district.
- *104 Charlton Street (between Hudson and Greenwich Streets) BSA Cal. No. 371-01-BZ application is to reopen and amend a previously approved variance(2002).This application seeks approval of the conveyance of unused development rights from 104 Charlton to an adjacent parcel of land.
- *95 Vandam Street (between Hudson and Greenwich Streets) BSA Cal No 1151-81-BZ application is to reopen and amend a previously approved variance (1984).This application seeks approval of the conveyance of unused development rights from 95 Vandam to an adjacent parcel of land.
- *Expense Budget Priorities for FY 2018
SLA LICENSING 2 Carter Booth, Chair
Thurs., 7/14 @ 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall
1a.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- HSNYC, LLC d/b/a High Street on Hudson, 637 Hudson St. Condo #1 Ground Fl & Basement 10014 (OP) (already heard)
- Rehandari, LLC, d/b/a Kobrick Coffee Co., 24 Ninth Ave. 10014 (withdrawn-will resubmit)
- Whynot My Way, LLC d/b/a Dominique Bistro, 14 Christopher St. 10014 (RW)(Change in Method of Operation)
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for New beer and/or wine License (RW):
- Ancolie NYC, LLC d/b/a Ancolie, 58 W. 8th St. 1011 (RW) (withdrawn)
- Dumpling 516 Hudson NY, Inc., d/b/a TBD, 516 Hudson St. 10014 (RW) (withdrawn)
- 117 Pinto, Inc. d/b/a TBD, 117 West 10th St. 10011 (RW)
- Virgola, LLC, d/b/a Virgola, 28 Greenwich Ave. 10011 (Class Change) (downgrade) (OP to RW)
- Josan & Josan, Inc. d/b/a Taco Mahal, 73 7th Ave. South 10014 (RW)
- Gift New York, Inc. d/b/a N/A, 469 Sixth Ave. 10011 (RW) (laid over)
- KGM Partners, LLC, d/b/a Rebel Coffee, 19 8th Ave. 10014 (RW)
1c.* Apps. to the State Liquor Authority (SLA) for New License to sell liquor on-premise (OP):
- BKUK 10 Corp., d/b/a TBD, 89 7th Ave. S. 10022 (OP) (laid over)
- TMSI, Inc. and Hudson Yards Catering, LLC or Subsidary, 412 W. 14th St. 10014
- 62 Greenwich, LLC, d/b/a Greenwich Steak House FG, 62 Greenwich Ave. 10011 (OP) (laid over)
- Butobar, LLC. d/b/a BarButo NYC, 775 Washington St. 10014 (OP) (withdrawn)
- Entity to be formed by Reed Adelson, d/b/a N/A, 328 W. 12th St. 10012 (OP) (laid over)
- Whynot My Way, LLC, d/b/a Dominique Bistro, 14 Christopher St. 10014 (OP)(Class Change-Upgrade)
LANDMARKS 1 Chenault Spence, Chair
Thurs., 7/14 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 520
- *44-48 W. 12th St. – Application is to fully replace existing stucco surface at street facade and partial reconstruction of underlying (non-visible) deteriorated masonry.
- *241 W. 11th St. – Application is to amend original LPC application for renovation work at the rear façade.
- *139 Charles St.- Application is to install new storefront behind existing roll down gates, new signage and exterior architectural lighting, install new lot line door, rooftop HVAC equipment and repair/re-pointing of existing brick façade; in conjunction with the installation of new food market and dining venue.
- *685 Washington St. - Application is to replace existing concrete slab with concrete pavers, regrade site and install new site drainage, and install new temporary tables and vendor stalls in conjunction with a new seasonal outdoor food/dining venue.
- *55 Gransevoort St. - is to construct a rooftop addition, replace storefront infill, facade alterations, and sidewalk replacement.
- *210 W. 11 St. – Application is to excavate the rear yard (staff level review at LPC-no hearing).
- *165 Mercer St. –Application is to add a one-story addition on top, replace the ground floor storefronts and remove the fire escapes on the front and the rear (laid over).
- *145 Spring St. – Application is to establish a Master Plan to install a painted wall sign on the secondary east façade of the building.
- *140 Perry St. – Application is to replace windows and enlarge window openings on the western facade (staff level review at LPC-no hearing).
- *Expense Budget Priorities FY 2018.
Chenault Spence, Chair
Mon., 7/18 @ 6:30 PM- CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
- *14 St. Luke’s Pl. – Application is to construct a penthouse addition, rear deck addition and an HVAC unit.
EXECUTIVE Tobi Bergman, Chair
Tues., 7/19 @ 6:30 PM- CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
FULL BOARD Tobi Bergman, Chair
Thurs., 7/21 @ 6:30 PM- Scholastic Building, 557 Broadway, Auditorium
THE PUBLIC SESSION BEGINS AT 6:30 PM. SPEAKER’S CARDS WILL BE NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER 7:00 PM. Reports from the Chair, District Manager, Borough President, Standing Committees. INDIVIDUALS WHO CANNOT ATTEND ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT WRITTEN TESTIMONY IN ADVANCE TO THE BOARD OFFICE. WRITTEN TESTIMONY WILL BE PLACED INTO THE RECORD.
SOCIAL SERVICES Sasha Greene, Chair
Tues., 7/26 @ 6:30 PM- CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
- Continued planning for the “Age in Action” event for seniors in October.
- *Expense Budget Priorities FY 2018.
NOTES: Arts & Institutions Committee is not meeting in July.