Please click here to view the CB2 Google Calendar in a separate webpage
AMENDED CALENDAR OF MEETINGS
*PUBLIC HEARINGS are noted with asterisks. MEETINGS AT THE COMMUNITY BOARD OFFICE ARE AT 3 WASHINGTON SQUARE VILLAGE, AT THE BOARD OFFICE CONFERENCE ROOM ADJACENT TO SUITE 1A. Calendar is subject to change, so we suggest that individuals visit our website [cb2manhattan.org] regularly for updates. At all meetings, additional items may be raised as "New Business".
Richard Caccappolo, Chair
Wed., 1/4 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 208
- Presentation by GreenThumb, Department of Parks & Recreation’s community garden program.
- Presentation by the Department of Parks & Recreation of plans for Duarte Square. (laid over)
TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION
Shirley Secunda, Chair
Thurs., 1/5 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 208
- * Discussion of L-train/Canarsie tunnel reconstruction concerning 14th St.-L Train-route closing, potential impacts, and mitigation on side streets.
- * Review and evaluation of possibility of No Standing sign for one space in front of the NobleDEN Hotel, 196 Grand St. (laid over)
QUALITY OF LIFE
Mon., 1/9 @ 6:30 PM- Village Community School, 272-278 W. 10th St. (Auditorium)
1.* Presentation regarding resiliency efforts in the West Village. 2.* New App. for revocable consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café for:
FYI/Renewal Sidewalk Cafes:
- Juicerie 3 LLC, 581 Hudson St. with 8 tables & 18 chairs (28018-2016-ASWC)
3.* Street Activities:
- Carapina, LLC, d/b/a GROM, 233 Bleecker St. 10014 with 4 tables & 8 chairs (2010315-DCA)
- Union Sq. 4th F&B Management. LLC, 132 4th Ave. with 6 tables & 12 chairs (2039971-DCA)
FYI/Renewal Street Activities:
- 7/15/17 – 6th Annual WitchFest USA, Astor Place between Broadway and Lafayette St.
- 2/3/17 – 12/17/17 – St. Anthony Flea Market, West Houston St. between Thompson St. and MacDougal St.
- 5/6/17 – Perry-phernalia Block Party, Perry St. between Bleecker St. and West 4th St.
- 5/16/17 – Grad Alley 2017 Street Event, 1) West 3rd St. between Mercer St. and LaGuardia Pl., 2) LaGuardia Pl. between Washington Square South and West 3rd St.
- 5/27/17 – Stonewall Democratic Club West 4th Street Festival, West 4th St. between 6th Ave. and MacDougal St.
- 6/24/17 – BAMRA Bleecker Street Festival, Bleecker St. between Broadway and Sixth Ave.
- 7/2/17 – Pride on Astor Fair, Astor Place between Broadway and Lafayette St.
- 7/8/17 – Greenwich House Waverly Place Festival, Washington Square North between Washington Square West and 5th Ave.
- 7/29/17 – Ninth Precinct Community Council Astor Place Festival, Astor Place between Broadway and Lafayette St.
- 8/19/17 – GVCC Waverly Place Festival, Washington Square North between Washington Square East and 5th Ave.
- 8/26/17 – Woman’s Democratic Astor Place Festival, Astor Place between Broadway and Lafayette St. (laid over to Feb.)
- 9/2/17 – Bailey House Washington Square Festival, Washington Square North between University Pl. and MacDougal St.
- 9/9/17 – 6th Precinct Comm. Council – Village Center for Care Bleecker Street Festival, Bleecker St. between 7th Ave. South and 8th Ave.
- 10/22/17 – Washington Square Arch Fair, Washington Square North between MacDougal St. and fifth Ave. (location changed due to watermain installation)
Please contact the CB2 office if you have an issue with an FYI Sidewalk Cafe or Street Activity application or to have it placed on the agenda for this meeting.
SCHOOLS & EDUCATION
Jeannine Kiely, Chair
Mon., 1/9 @ 6:30 PM- Little Red School House, 272 Sixth Avenue, Auditorium
- *Discussion of risks to federal funding for NYC public schools, including discussion with Leonie Haimson, Executive Director, Class Size Matters.
- Introduction to programs offered by Greenwich Village Youth Council by Rossmerry Gomez, not before 7 p.m.
SLA LICENSING 1
Robert Ely, Chair
Tues., 1/10 @ 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall1a.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Restaurant Wine (RW) or Tavern Wine (TW):
- 219 Mulberry, LLC, d/b/a Ruby’s, 219B Mulberry St. 10012 (RW – Restaurant)
1c.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Full Liquor On-Premise (OP):
- 219B, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 219C Mulberry St. 10012 (RW – Restaurant)
- Bros Seafood LLC, d/b/a Unagi Aburi Ittetsu, 60 Kenmare St. 10012(RW – Restaurant)
- Pokespot Cleveland Pl., LLC d/b/a The Pokespot, 25 Cleveland Pl. 10012 (RW - Restaurant)
- R’s Pizza & Brew Corp., d/b/a TBD, 95 MacDougal St. Store B 10012 (RW – Bar)
- Hello Saigon, Inc., d/b/a N/A, 180 Bleecker St. 10012 (RW – Restaurant)
- 330 WB Operations, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 330 West Broadway 10013 (OP – Restaurant)
- 57 Grand Street Café Corp, d/b/a Toad Hall, moving from 57 Grand St. to 62 Grand St. 10013 (via Removal Application - OP – Tavern until 4 AM)
- ClimbOn, LLC, d/b/a Harri’s Bistro, 202 Centre St. 10013 (OP – French Bistro with live music) (withdrawn)
- 3 Howard LLC, d/b/a N/A, 3 Howard St. 10013 (OP – Restaurant)(live music, and DJs and all floors)
- MHJ Management, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 428 Lafayette St. 10003 (OP – live music, DJs until 4AM) (withdrawn)
- Romagna Corp., d/b/a N/A, 182 Bleecker St. 10012 (OP – Restaurant)(Upgrade to OP with rear garden)
- Dinerland Comedy, LLC, d/b/a Comedy Village, 145 Bleecker St. 10012 (OP – Comedy Club)(laid over )
The Broome Street Bar, 361-363 W. Broadway (aka 499 Broome St.) (OP); The White Horse Tavern, 567 Hudson St. (OP); Aqua Grill, 208-210 Spring St. (OP); Bayard’s Ale House, 533 Hudson St. (OP); Cowgirl and BaK, 519 Hudson St. (OP); Tio Pepe, 168-70 W. 4th St. (OP); GoldBar, 389 Broome St. (OP); Le Pain Quotidien, 65-69 Bleecker St. (RW); The Walker Hotel (formerly The Jade Hotel); 52 W. 13th St. (OP); In Bocca Al Lupo, 113 Mulberry St. (OP); Lederhosen, 39 Grove St. (OP); Baby Grand, 161 Lafayette St. (OP); Curry Kitchen, 40 W. 8th St. (RW); Greenwich Village Bistro, 13 Carmine St. (RW); 130 West 3rd Café, Inc., 130 W. 3rd St. (OP); V Bar, 225 Sullivan St. 10012 (RW); Elephant & Castle, 68 Greenwich Ave. (RW); The Wild Son, 53 Little W. 12th St. Store #1 (RW); Da Andrea, 35 W. 13th St. (RW); Hyatt Union Square, 76 E. 13th St. (OP); SCM Culinary Suite, LLC, 598 Broadway 9th Fl. (OP); Corner Bistro, 331 W. 4th St. (OP); Village Vanguard, 178 7th Ave. So. (OP); Sal’s Family Pizza, 384 Broome St. Store #1 (RW); Savore Ristorante, 200 Spring St. (OP); Chipotle Mexican Grill, 55 E. 8th St. (OP); Chipotle Mexican Grill, 200 Varick St. (OP); Blind Tiger Ale House, 281 Bleecker St. (RW); Babu Foods, Inc., 468 Hudson St. (RW); Toshihiko Yahashi, 172 Thompson St. (RW); The Malt House, 206 Thompson St. (OP); Panchitos, 105 MacDougal St. (aka 11-13 Minetta St.) (OP); Marie’s Crisis Café, 59 Grove St. (OP); Yakiniku Takashi, 456 Hudson St. ((RW); One if by Land Two if by Sea, 17 Barrow St. (OP); QL Wholesome Food, Inc., 226 Thompson St. (RW); Bleecker Street Pizza, 69 7th Ave. So. (RW); Whitney Museum of American Art, Whit Food II, LLC & Hudson Yards Catering, LLC, 99 Gansevoort St. (OP); Ribalta, 48 E. 12th St. (OP); Washington Square Diner, 150 W. 14th St. (RW); Prince St. Pizza Corp, 27 Prince St. (RW); WXOU Radio, 558 Hudson St. (aka 101 Perry St.) (OP); La Ripaille, 605 Hudson St. (OP); Gelso & Grand Italian Food Center, 161 Mulberry St. (OP); Dorados Tacos, 28 E. 12th St. (RW)
**Please contact the Board office if you have an issue with these applications or if you wish to request to have them placed on the agenda for this meeting.
LAND USE & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Anita Brandt, Chair
Wed., 1/11 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 208
- *640 Broadway (SE corner of Bleecker St) CPC application170006ZSM for a Section 74-711 special permit to modify the height and setback regulations and the recreational space requirements to facilitate the construction of two penthouse additions. Applicant returning to present modifications for review.
- *55-57 Spring Street (between Lafayette and Mulberry Streets) Application for a Zoning Text Amendment to change the Area of the Special Little Italy District in which the two buildings are located from Area A to Area A1, which is directly to the east, so that their ground floor commercial uses could cover their entire lots. If the application is approved, a total of approximately 1,750 SF would be added to their ground floors. Applicant returning to present modifications for review. (laid over)
- *10 Greene Street (between Canal and Grand Streets) CPC application 170137 ZSM for a special permit 74-711 in a M1-5B district to modify the use regulations to allow residential uses on portions of the cellar and ground floor and on the 2nd through 5th floors and proposed 2-story penthouse, and the use regulations of to allow retail uses on the ground floor and portions of the cellar of an existing 5-story building. (laid over)
SLA LICENSING 2
Carter Booth, Chair
Thurs., 1/12 @ 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall1a.* Applications to the New York State Liquor Authority (SLA) for Corporate Change Application to existing Restaurant Wine (RW), Tavern Wine (TW) or Full Liquor On-Premise (OP) Licenses:
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- 55 Greenwich Café, Inc. d/b/a Bluestone Lane, 55 Greenwich Ave. 10014 (RW – Café/Restaurant)
- The Vault, LLC, d/b/a Lively, Vault at 675 Hudson St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant)(Corp. Change) (laid over)
1c.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Restaurant Wine (RW) or Tavern Wine (TW):
- Whitney Museum of American Art, Whit Food II, LLC & Hudson Yards, Catering, LLC, d/b/a Untitled; Studio Café, 99 Gansevoort St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant & Catering Facility)(change hours of operations & add an exterior point of sale)
1d.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Full Liquor On-Premise (OP):
- RH NY MP F&B, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 9-19 Ninth Ave. 10014 (RW – Retail Store and Restaurant – outdoor rooftop) (laid over)
- Ghar Ventures, Inc., d/b/a Vin Sur Vingt, 201 West 11th St. Store 6 10014 (RW – Bar/Tavern) (Renewal, not new, will not be heard)
- Entity to be formed by Jorge Ariaas, d/b/a Beerzaar, 213 6th Ave. 10012 (TW – Tavern)(Already Heard on 11/2016)
- 120 Uni Roast, LLC, d/b/a Roast Kitchen, 120 University Place 10003 (RW – Bar) (laid over)
- The Mess 13, LLC, d/b/a The Mess, 22 E. 13th St. 10003 (OP – Restaurant)
- FB 35 East 13, Inc, d/b/a N/A, 35 E. 13th St. 10003 (OP – BAR, currently operating as BAR 13, includes late-night live music, Rooftop, DJs and Patron Dancing) (laid over)
- San Roku, LLC, d/b/a Raku, 48 MacDougal St. 10012 (OP – Restaurant) (laid over)
- Casita West Village, LLC, d/b/a Casita, 681 Washington St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant – Sidewalk Cafe, Late Hours of Operation)
- Icelandic Fish & Chips US, LLC, d/b/a N/A, 28 7th Ave. South 10014 (OP – Restaurant)(laid over)
The Meatpackers, Inc. , d/b/a TBD, 1-3 Little West 12th St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant with sidewalk cafe) (laid over to FEBRUARY)
Chenault Spence, Chair
Thurs., 1/12 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 208
- *463 West St. (Westbeth)- Application regarding resiliency upgrades, including elevation of the electrical and boiler systems, dry flood proofing of the firepump room, provision of flood gates for certain windows, and replacement of the courtyard's structural system to provide handicap accessibility.
- *126 Waverly Pl. - Application to introduce storefronts east of the public entry that was a back entry storage location to the former commercial space for stand alone retail space and remake the storefront.
- *21 W. 10th St. - Application is to restore the rear façade; lower the areaway and rear garden; excavate the cellar and expand it under rear yard; replace areaway ironwork; replace parlor floor French door railings at street façade and install new parlor floor French doors and railings at rear façade; and convert the building from multi-family apartments to single family residence.
- *143 Prince St. – Application is to extend existing storefront design to additional frontage on West Broadway at street level and cellar level door; install new signage to match previously approved signage on Prince St.; replace existing banner and repair and refurbish existing black metal stairs from side walk to cellar level. (Withdrawn-LPC will review at staff level.)
*10 Jones St. – Application is to install a new metal canopy with integrated lighting and new first floor security window grates.
- *453 Broome St. - Application is to legalize construction/installation of new granite paving and diamond plate for sidewalk on two sides of the location.
- *11 Commerce St. - Application is to add a bulkhead for the stair, add a small mechanical penthouse on the roof and to enlarge windows on the rear facade.
- *439 Lafayette St. – Application is to renew a master plan for hand painted signage.
- *145 Perry St. - Application is to construct a 6-story apartment building and an adjoining 4-story townhouse with a partial basement and an expanded footprint of rear yard open space.
Terri Cude, Chair
Tues., 1/17 @ 6:30 PM- CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
Terri Cude, Chair
Thurs., 1/19 @ 6:30 PM- Scholastic Building, 557 Broadway, Auditorium
THE PUBLIC SESSION BEGINS AT 6:30 PM. SPEAKER’S CARDS WILL BE NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER 7:00 PM. Reports from the Chair, District Manager, Borough President, Standing Committees. INDIVIDUALS WHO CANNOT ATTEND ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT WRITTEN TESTIMONY IN ADVANCE TO THE BOARD OFFICE. WRITTEN TESTIMONY WILL BE PLACED INTO THE RECORD.
Sasha Greene, Chair (MEETING CANCELED)
Tues., 1/24 @ 6:30 PM- CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
- Discussion of the clothing drive to be held at Henrietta Hudson's (date not yet determined).
- Discussion and planning for Senior Action Day.
Arts & Institutions Committee is not meeting in the month of January