Please click here to view the CB2 Google Calendar in a separate webpage
AMENDED MAY 2017
CALENDAR OF MEETINGS
*PUBLIC HEARINGS are noted with asterisks. MEETINGS AT THE COMMUNITY BOARD OFFICE ARE AT 3 WASHINGTON SQUARE VILLAGE, AT THE BOARD OFFICE CONFERENCE ROOM ADJACENT TO SUITE 1A. Calendar is subject to change, so we suggest that individuals visit our website [cb2manhattan.org] regularly for updates. At all meetings, additional items may be raised as "New Business".
ARTS & INSTITUTIONS Robin Rothstein, Chair
Tues., 5/2 @ 6:30 PM- Little Red School House, 272 Sixth Ave., Auditorium
- A presentation by the Department of Cultural Affairs regarding the Cultural Plan process and how to provide feedback on the draft recommendations which will be available in mid-May.
- A presentation and request for early-stage input by artist Ralph Brancaccio regarding his "Y Project" sculpture series and a proposal to place one these "Y" sculptures at Ruth Wittenberg Triangle and possibly other sculptures from this series within CB2.
PARKS/WATERFRONT Richard, Caccappolo, Chair
Wed., 5/3 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Meyer Hall, 4 Washington Place, Room 121
- Presentation by the Parks Department on a modification to the Duarte Square renovation design and status of renovation project.
TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION Shirley Secunda, Chair
Thurs., 5/4 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 520
- * Presentation of proposed 7th Ave. S. Complete St. Safety Improvements/Protected Bike Lane by NYC Dept. of Transportation.
- * Presentation introducing Hudson St. Streetscape Improvement Project and preliminary concepts by Hudson Sq. Connection.
QUALITY OF LIFE Joseph Gallagher, Chair
Mon., 5/8 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 408
1.* New App. for revocable consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café for:
- ALSW Mott LLC, d/ba The Sosta, 52 Kenmare St. with 5 tables & 20 chairs (5470-2017-ASWC)
2.* Street Activities:
- Tava Café LLC, d/b/a Balzem, 202 Mott St. with 6 tables & 12 chairs (2021905-DCA)
- Union Bar and Kitchen LLC, d/b/a N/A, 300 Spring St. with 5 tables & 10 chairs (2019777-DCA)
- South Village Hospitality Group, LLC, d/b/a Carroll Place, 157 Bleecker St. with 2 tables & 8 chairs (2026141-DCA)
- E2 185 Bleecker LLC, d/b/a By Chloe, 185 Bleecker St. with 4 tables & 8 chairs (2022457-DCA)
FYI/Renewal Street Activities:
- 6/10/17 – Leslie-Lohman Museum Summer Celebration, Wooster St. between Grand and Canal Sts.
- 6/29/17 - 7/2/17 - Louis Vuitonn/Supreme Product Launch, Bond St. between Lafayette St. and Bowery.
- 7/15/17 – Bastille Day Block Party, Gay St. between Christoper and Waverly Sts.
- 10/28/17 – Friends of LaGuardia – Bleecker Street Festival, Bleecker St. between Broadway and Lafayette St. (laid over)
3.* Presentation by Brendan Sexton of the Manhattan Solid Waste Advisory Board about its mission and the goals of the NYC Zero Waste Program.
- 6/3/17 – 8/5/17 – Positively 8th Street Weekend Walk, West 8 St. between 5th Ave. and 6th Ave.
- 9/9/17 – Overseas Chinese Mission Community Fair, 154 Hester St. between Elizabeth St. and Mott St.
Please contact the CB2 office if you have an issue with an FYI Sidewalk Cafe or Street Activity application or to have it placed on the agenda for this meeting.
SLA LICENSING 1 Robert Ely, Chair
Tues., 5/9 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall
1a.* Applications to the New York State Liquor Authority (SLA) for Corporate Change Application to existing Restaurant Wine (RW), Tavern Wine (TW) or Full Liquor On-Premise (OP) Licenses:
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- Spread NYC, LLC, d/b/a Tartinery, 209 Mulberry St. 10012 (RW – Restaurant) (laid over)
- Viejo Group, LLC, d/b/a N/A, 127 MacDougal St. 10012 (RW – Restaurant)
1c.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Restaurant Wine (RW) or Tavern Wine (TW):
- The Egg Shop LES, LLC, d/b/a N/A, 151 Elizabeth St. 10012 (add SWC)(OP – Restaurant)
- 205 Thompson Street, LLC, d/b/a Toloache to Reopen as Yerba Buena Cantina, 205 Thompson St. 10012 (OP – Restaurant)
- South Village Hospitality Group, LLC, d/b/a Carroll Place, 157 Bleecker St. 10012 (extend SWC hours to midnight and 1 AM) (OP – Restaurant)
1d.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Full Liquor On-Premise (OP):
- Dean & DeLuca New York, Inc., d/b/a Dean & DeLuca, 560 Broadway 10012 (RW - Market Store)(Class Change) (laid over)
- Mott Street Baking Company, LLC, d/b/a Little Cupcake Bake Shop, 30 Prince St. 10012 (TW – Bakery) (previously unlicensed location) (laid over)
- 123 McDougal Street Pizza Corp., d/b/a Ben’s Pizzeria, 123 MacDougal St. aka 119 MacDougal St. 10012 (Beer & Cider)
- Angel NYC, Inc., d/b/a TBD, 124 MacDougal St. 10012 (RW – Bar Lounge)
- West 3rd Street Coffee Corp., d/b/a Irving Farm Coffee Roasters (previously D. Elwell on behalf of an entity to be formed), 78 W. 3rd St. 10012 (RW – Café/Coffee Shop/ previously a deli).
- Karakatta, LLC, d/b/a N/A, 230 Thompson St. 10012 (RW – Restaurant)
FYI - Mulberry Street Mall/San Gennaro:
- International Center of Photography and Maman Tribeca, LLC, d/b/a International Center of Photography and Maman at ICP, 250 Bowery 10012 (OP-Café & Museum)
- Center for Goods, LLC and Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 53 Howard St. 10013 (OP – Restaurant/previously unlicensed location)
- Vittorio Assaf, d/b/a Serafina, 406 Broome St. 10012 (OP – Restaurant)
- Eli Zabar, Inc., d/b/a TBD, 192 Mott St., 10012 (OP-Restaurant/Bar/ previously unlicensed location)
- BAB Food, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 130 W. Houston St. 10012 (aka 168 Sullivan St) (OP – Restaurant)
- 135 Tart, LLC, d/b/a Once Upon A Tart, 135 Sullivan St. 10012 (OP – Restaurant)(Upgrade to full liquor)
FYI Renewals: Pizzetteria Brunetti, 626 Hudson St. (RW); Rabtra LLC, d/b/a Art Bar, 52 8th Ave. (OP); The Stonewall Inn. LLC, 53 Christopher St. (OP); Left Bank, 117 Perry St. (OP); Restaurant Felix, 340 West Broadway (OP); Indochine, 430 Lafayette St. (OP); I Malatesta, 649 Washington St. (RW); Decoy, 529 Hudson St. Basement (OP); O’Nieals Grand Street, 174 Grand St. (OP); Redfarm, 529 Hudson St. (OP); L’Artusl, 228 West 10th St. (OP); Jimmy’s, 27 Grand St. – Roof Level (OP); David Burke Kitchen, 23 Grand St. Cellar (OP); David Burke Garden (license #1270238) and Treehouse Bar (for the added bar – license #1270239), 23 Grand St. - Ground Level (OP) James Hotel Soho, 27 Grand St. (OP); Horchata, 470 6th Ave. (OP); The Grey Dog, 90 University Pl. (RW); Margherita, 197 Grand St. (RW); DomoDomo, 138 W. Houston St. (RW); Uncle Ted’s, 163 Bleecker St. (OP); Hornblower Espirit, 353 West St. – Pier 40 (OP); The Red Cat LLC, 227 10th Ave. (OP); Tertulia, 359 6th Ave. (OP); Uncle Ted’s, 163 Bleecker St. (OP); Tropical 128, 128 Elizabeth St. 10013 (OP); Artichoke MacDougal LLC, 111 MacDougal Street, South Store (Beer & Cider); Nourish Kitchen & Table, 95 Greenwich Ave. (RW); Frankies 570 Spuntino, 570 Hudson St. (OP); Sanctuary T, 337B West Broadway (OP); Instanbul Grill, 310 W. 14th St. (RW); Joseph Leonard, 170 Waverly Place (OP); Sushi West Corp., 556 Hudson St. (RW); Soho Grand Hotel, 310 West Broadway (OP); Keste Group LLC, 271 Bleecker St. (RW); Sud 123, Inc., 178 Mulberry St. (OP); Le Baratin, 26 Greenwich Ave. (OP); JG Melon, 89 Macdougal St. (OP); La Carbonara, 202 W. 14th St. (OP); Pearl Oyster Bar, 18 Cornelia St. (RW); Soho Park, 62 Prince St. (OP); Sacred Chow, 227 Sullivan St. (RW)
- 132 Mulberry St. Rest, Inc., d/b/a Umberto’s Clam House, 132-138 Mulberry St. 10013 (OP - Restaurant)
- Buffanna, Inc., d/b/a IL Piccola Bufalo, 141 Mulberry St. 10013 (OP - Restaurant)
- Caffe Silvestri, Inc., d/b/a Caffe Napoli, 130 Mulberry St. aka 191 Hester St. 10013 (OP – Restaurant)
- New Restart, Inc., d/b/a Taormina, 145-147 Mulberry St. 10013 (OP - Restaurant)
- Ristorante Luna, Inc., d/b/a Ristorante Luna, 115 Mulberry St. 10013 (RW - Restaurant)
- Joe Rach, Inc., d/b/a The Café Palermo, 148 Mulberry St. 10013 (OP – Restaurant)
- In Bocca Al Lupo, Ltd., d/b/a N/A, 113 Mulberry St. 10013 (OP – Restaurant)
- H & M Restaurant, Inc, d/b/a La Bella Vita, 163 Mulberry St. 10013 ( RW – Restaurant)
- Mulberry Street Bar, LLC, d/b/a N/A, 176 ½ Mulberry St. 10013 (OP – Bar/Tavern)
- Buona Notte, Incorporated, d/b/a Buona Notte Restaruant, 120 Mulberry St. 10013 (OP – Restaurant)
- Il Commendatore Restauran,t Inc., d/b/a Casa Bella Ristorante, 127A Mulberry St. 10013 (OP – Restaruant)
- Lunella Ristorante, Inc., d/b/a N/A, 173 Mulberry St. 10013 (OP – Restaurant)
- Grotta Azzurra Inn, Inc., d/b/a N/A, 177 Mulberry St. 10013 (OP – Restaurant)
- Sud 123 Incorporated, d/b/a Ciao, 178 Mulberry St. 10013 (RW – Restaurant)
**Please contact the Board office if you have an issue with these applications or if you wish to request to have them placed on the agenda for this meeting.
SCHOOLS & EDUCATION Jeannine Kiely, Chair [MEETING CANCELED]
Wed., 5/10 @ 6:30 PM- Little Red School House, 272 Sixth Ave., Auditorium
- *Update on the Bleecker School. (laid over)
LAND USE & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT Anita Brandt, Chair (MEETING CANCELED)
Wed., 5/10 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Meyer Hall, 4 Washington Place, Room 121
- *568 Broadway (NE corner of Broadway and Prince, also aka 69-79 Prince Street and 108-112 Crosby Street) BSA Cal No 55-01-BZ is an application to extend ten years of the term of the special permit for a physical culture establishment named Bliss World, pursuant ZR 73-36. (laid over to JUNE)
- *112 Charlton Street (SE corner of Charlton and Greenwich Streets also aka 547 Greenwich Street) BSA Cal No. 260-06-BZ is an application to extend ten years of the term of the special permit for a physical culture establishment named Oishi Judo Club, pursuant ZR 73-36. (laid over to JUNE)
- *111 Barrow Street (SW corner of Barrow and Greenwich Street) BSA Cal No 2017-60-BZ is an application for special permit to allow the use of the ground floor for a child day care center operated by Bright Horizons. The site is located in an M1-5 zoning district, pursuant ZR 42-00. (laid over to JULY)
SLA LICENSING 2 Carter Booth, Chair
Thurs., 5/11 @ 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall
1a.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Restaurant Wine (RW) or Tavern Wine (TW):
- Soho House New York, Inc., d/b/a Soho House, 29-35 Ninth Ave. 10014 (OP – License # 1137859 - Private Members Club) (License # 1122680 – Hotel and Restaurant) (Alteration to remove a part of the 5th floor space)
- 246 Spring Street (NY), LLC, d/b/a Trump SoHo, 246 Spring St. 10013 (OP – Hotel)
1c.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Full Liquor On-Premise (OP):
- Entity to be formed by Derek Feldman, d/b/a N/A, 210 W. 10th St. 10014 (RW – Restaurant)
- DBT, Inc., d/b/a N/A, 26 Carmine St. 10014 (RW – Restaurant) (withdrawn)
- E. Admony on behalf of an entity TBD, d/b/a TBD, 455 Hudson St. aka 455-457 Hudson St. 10014 (RW – Restaurant)
- Luke’s Lobster XV, LLC, d/b/a Luke’s Lobster, 124 University Pl. 10003 (RW – Restaurant/previously unlicensed location)
- Good Luck Ribbon Corp., d/b/a N/A, 14 Bedford St. 10014 (RW- Restaurant w/ Customer Bar)(prior OP application withdrawn)(previously unlicensed location)
- Smorgasburg Events, LLC, d/b/a N/A, 76 Varick St. 10013 (OP - Outdoor food & Shopping court with bar and outdoor seating, entertainment level music, live music, special events, private parties)
- Entity to be formed by Alessandro Borgognone, d/b/a TBD, 63 Bedford St. 10014 (OP-Restaurant)
- Big Ciccio Corp. or Entity to be formed, d/b/a Big Ciccio, 112-114 Perry St. 10014 (OP- Restaurant – with sidewalk café-previously unlicensed location) (withdrawn-will resubmit)
- 29-33 Ninth Avenue, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 29-35 Ninth Ave. 10014 (OP – Restaurant) (withdrawn)
- Miznon at Chelsea, LLC, d/b/a Miznon, 75 Ninth Ave. 10011 (OP – Casual Gourmet Counter based restaurant with tables) (location is not in CB4, will not be heard)
- Loui Amsterdam, Inc., d/b/a TBD, 76-78 Carmine St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant) (laid over)
- Corp. to be formed by Nikolaos Marolachakis, Nikolaos Galanis, d/b/a TBD, 35 W. 8th St. 10011 (OP – Restaurant/Bar) (withdrawn)
- SNS Bar, LLC, d/b/a Stockholm, 63 Gansevoort St., East Basement 10014 (OP – DJ/Bar/Lounge)
LANDMARKS 1 Chenault Spence, Chair
Thurs., 5/11@ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 520
- *546 Hudson St. -Application is to alter storefront. (laid over)
- *538-544 Hudson St. - Application to demolish existing buildings and construct a new building. (laid over)
- *1-5 Bond St. - Application is to install a new HVAC system in the rear alley. (laid over)
- *41 King St. – Application is to convert a 4-family townhouse into a single-family townhouse, demolish portion of rear building to create a legal rear yard and to add a 1-story addition above the 4-story building.
- *28 W. 12th St. – Application is to legalize cornice detailing at variance with LPC approved plans.
- *416 W. 13th St. - Application is to install a rooftop addition.
- *490 LaGuardia Pl. – Application is to establish a Master Plan for painted wall signage on the LaGuardia Pl. elevation.
- *243 W. 12th St. – Application is to replace front door of townhouse from two glass doors to one solid wood door
- *31 Bond St. – 1) Application is to restore existing building: install new windows and doors, clean and paint façade, roof work, and removal of existing, non-contributing fire escape.
2) Application is to request that LPC issue a report to City Planning Commission re: an application for Modification of Use pursuant to Sec. 74-711 of the Zoning Resolution allow Use Group 6 retail use below the floor level of the second story.
EXECUTIVE Terri Cude, Chair
Tues., 5/16 @ 6:30 PM- CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
FULL BOARD Terri Cude, Chair
Thurs., 5/18 @ 6:30 PM- Scholastic Building, 557 Broadway, Auditorium
THE PUBLIC SESSION BEGINS AT 6:30 PM. SPEAKER’S CARDS WILL BE NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER 7:00 PM. Reports from the Chair, District Manager, Borough President, Standing Committees. INDIVIDUALS WHO CANNOT ATTEND ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT WRITTEN TESTIMONY IN ADVANCE TO THE BOARD OFFICE. WRITTEN TESTIMONY WILL BE PLACED INTO THE RECORD.
FUTURE OF PIER 40 WORKING GROUP Tobi Bergman, Chair
Thurs., 5/25 @ 6:30 PM- Village Community School, 272 W. 10th St.
- This will be a public input session to inform the Working Group. All interested parties are encouraged to participate and discuss matters related to the future of Pier 40, such as: the importance of the pier in the community, concerns and hopes for its future, ideas for balancing the need for income with the public purposes of the park, etc.
NOTES: Social Services, Schools & Education and Land Use Committees are not meeting in May.