Please click here to view the CB2 Google Calendar in a separate webpage
CALENDAR OF MEETINGS
*PUBLIC HEARINGS are noted with asterisks. MEETINGS AT THE COMMUNITY BOARD OFFICE ARE AT 3 WASHINGTON SQUARE VILLAGE, AT THE BOARD OFFICE CONFERENCE ROOM ADJACENT TO SUITE 1A. Calendar is subject to change, so we suggest that individuals visit our website [cb2manhattan.org] regularly for updates. At all meetings, additional items may be raised as "New Business".
ARTS & INSTITUTIONS Robin Rothstein, Chair
Tues., 4/4 @ 6:30 PM- Whitney Museum, 555 West St. (Rudin Family Staff Entrance), Tom & Diane Tuft Trustee Room, 8th Fl.
- A presentation by the Whitney Museum regarding the museum's upcoming programming.
- A presentation by the Department of Transportation on the history and process of its Public Art commission program, including an introduction of artist, Zigi Ben-Haim, selected by DOT in association with the SoHo Broadway Initiative to create a temporary sculpture on the bus bulb located at Grand Street and Howard Street.
- A presentation by the Village Alliance regarding how the organization approaches public art in our district.
PARKS/WATERFRONT Richard Caccappolo, Chair
Wed., 4/5 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Forbes Building, 60 Fifth Ave., Room 150
- Introduction to the Meatpacking BID and discussion of their offer to make tree pit improvements on 14th St.
- Update on latest status on Father Fagan Park, DeSalvio Playground and Tony Dapolito Recreation Center projects.
- Discussion of federal judge's decision to revoke the permit for the plan to build Pier 55.
TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION Shirley Secunda, Chair
Thurs., 4/6 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 520
- *Presentation by NYC Dept. of Transportation of introductory overview of Hudson Sq./W. Village study scope.
- *Request for two speed humps and other traffic safety improvements on Leroy St./St. Lukes Pl. bet. 7th Ave. and Hudson St.
SLA LICENSING 1 Robert Ely, Chair
Wed., 4/12 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall
1a.* Applications to the New York State Liquor Authority (SLA) for Corporate Change Application to existing Restaurant Wine (RW), Tavern Wine (TW) or Full Liquor On-Premise (OP) Licenses:
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- Luxor Lounge, Inc., d/b/a N/A, 118 MacDougal St. 10012 (OP – Bar & Lounge)
1c.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Restaurant Wine (RW) or Tavern Wine (TW):
- The Egg Shop LES, LLC, d/b/a N/A, 151 Elizabeth St. 10012 (add SWC)(OP – Restaurant)
- Coriander Factory, Inc., d/b/a Bo Caphe, 222 Lafayette St. – South Store 10012 (Add seats/alter open façade)(RW – Restaurant)
- South Village Hospitality Group, LLC, d/b/a Carroll Place, 157 Bleecker St. 10012 (extend SWC hours) (OP – Restaurant) (laid over)
1d.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Full Liquor On-Premise (OP):
- Gino Sorbillo LLC, d/b/a Gino Sorbillo Bowery, 334 Bowery St. 10012 (RW – Restaurant/Pizzeria)
- Megapie Greenwich, Inc., d/b/a Pieology, 168 Bleecker St. 10012 (RW – Restaurant)
- West 3rd Street Coffee Corp. d/b/a Irving Farm Coffee Roasters (previously D. Elwell on behalf of an entity to be formed), 78 W. 3rd St. 10012 (RW – Café/Coffee Shop) (laid over)
Wild Kitchen Corp., d/b/a Pending, 27 Waverly Pl. 10003 (Tavern RW)
FYI - Mulberry Street Mall/San Gennaro
- BAB Food, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 130 W. Houston St. 10012 (aka 168 Sullivan St) (OP – Restaurant) (laid over)
- KLK Chinese Restaurant, Inc., d/b/a Red Egg, 202 Centre St. 10013 (OP – Restaurant)
- International Center of Photography and Maman Tribeca LLC, d/b/a International Center of Photography and Maman at ICP, 250 Bowery 10012 (OP-Café & Museum) (DJ & Live music) (Patron dancing)
FYI Renewals: ZZ’S Clam Bar, 169 Thompson St. (OP); Hirohisa, 73 Thompson St. (RW); Pie by the Pound, 124 4th Ave. (RW); Spread NYC, 209 Mulberry St. (RW); La Bonbonniere, 28 Eighth Ave. (RW); Terra Blues, 149 Bleecker St. 2nd Fl. (OP); Hector’s Place, 44 Little West 12th St. (RW); The Mercer Kitchen 1, LLC & Mercer Kitchen LLC, 147 Mercer St., aka 99 Prince St. (OP); Mercer Kitchen, LLC, 147 Mercer St. OP); The Grey Dog, 90 University Pl. (RW); Rosemary’s, 18 Greenwich Ave. (RW); Silver Spurs, 490 LaGuardia Pl. (OP); Siggy’s NYC, 292 Elizabeth St. (RW); SPRBar, 310 Spring St. (OP); Kettle of Fish, 57-59 Christopher St. (OP – Tavern); Burger Joint, 33 W. 8th St. (OP); Kobrick Coffee Co. 24 Ninth Ave. (OP); Lan Larb Soho, 227 Centre St. (RW – Restaurant); Agata & Valentina, 64-68 University Pl. (RW); Da Nico, 164 Mulberry St. (OP); Little Owl, 90 Bedford St. Space #1 (RW); Market Table, 54 Carmine St. (OP); Village Natural, 46 Greenwich Ave. (RW); Ladybird, 127 MacDougal St. (RW); Soho House, 29-35 Ninth Ave. (OP); Panca, 92 7th Ave So. (OP); Westville, 210 W. 10th St. (RW); Bohemian NY, 57 Great Jones St. (OP); Lunella Ristorante, 173 Mulberry St. (OP); The Greenwich Treehouse, 46 Greenwich Ave. (OP); Boots & Saddle, 100A Seventh Ave. So. (OP); Fiat Café, 203 Mott St. (RW); Seamore’s 390 Broome St. (OP); Korchma Taras Bulba, 357 W. Broadway (OP); La Churreria, 284 Mulberry St. (RW); Minetta Tavern, 111-113 MacDougal St. (OP); Lelabar, 422 Hudson St. (RW); Kobrick Coffee Co, 24 Ninth Ave. (OP); Parm, 250 Vesey St. (OP); Rockmeisha, 11 Barrow St. (RW); Wild Ginger Vegetarian Kitchen NY Inc., 380 Broome St. (RW); Nanoosh, 111 University Place (RW); Houseman, 508 Greenwich St. (OP); Vic’s 31 Great Jones St. (OP); Corner Deli (aka La Esquina), 114 Kenmare St. (aka 106 Kenmare St. and 199 Lafayette St.) (OP); Piacere Enterprises LLC, 351 Broome St. (RW); Benito One Restaurant, 174 Mulberry St. (OP); Omar, 21 West 9th St. (OP); Musket Hospitality LLC, 265 Elizabeth St. (OP); Babbo LLC, 110 Waverly Place (OP); Little Branch, 20 7th Ave. S. aka 60 Leroy St. (OP); La Mela Ristorante, 171 Mulberry St. (OP)
- Original Puglia, Inc., d/b/a Puglia Restaurant, 189 Hester St. 10013 (OP – Restaurant)
- 161 Mulberry Restauarant LLC, d/b/a Gelso & Grand Italian Food Center, 161 Mulberry St. 10013 (OP – Restaurant)
- Akram Restaurant Management, Inc., d/b/a Da Gennaro, 129 Mulberry St. 10013 (OP – Restaurant)
**Please contact the Board office if you have an issue with these applications or if you wish to request to have them placed on the agenda for this meeting.
LAND USE & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT Anita Brandt, Chair
Wed., 4/12 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Forbes Building, 60 Fifth Ave., Room 150
- *462 Broadway (NE corner of Broadway and Grand Streets) CEQR 17DCP097M. The applicant is seeking a special permit to allow retail use on the ground floor and cellar of the existing six-story building, and a special permit to allow a large retail establishment of over 10,000 square feet, for a total of 45,201 SF retail. The applicant is presenting a second time with modifications to the initial application.
- *40 Wooster Street (between Grand and Broome Streets). CPC 160349.The applicant requests a special permit 74-711 to permit conversion of a building from commercial use to residential occupancy on floors 2-6 and retail use on the ground floor, cellar and sub cellar.
- *62 Greene Street (between Broome and Spring Streets) DCP P2015M0282. The applicant requests a special permit 74-711 to permit conversion of the ground floor and cellar to retail use. No change proposed to the upper units.
- *Consideration of a request that the NYC Department of Buildings amend the PW1 (Plan/Work) form's Property Owner's Statement to include JLWQA and IMD in addition to rent controlled and rent stabilized dwellings, and that better enforcement is implemented for false statements regarding occupancy.
SLA LICENSING 2 Carter Booth, Chair
Thurs., 4/13 @ 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall
1a.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Restaurant Wine (RW) or Tavern Wine (TW):
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for New License for Full Liquor On-Premise (OP):
- Entity to be formed by Derek Feldman, d/b/a N/A, 210 W. 10th St. 10014 (RW – Restaurant) (laid over)
DBT Inc., d/b/a N/A, 26 Carmine St. 10014 (RW – Restaurant) (laid over)
- E. Admony on behalf of an entity to be determined, d/b/a TBD, 125 Christopher St. aka 502-508 Hudson St. 10014 (RW – Restaurant) (withdrawn)
- Good Luck Ribbon Corp., d/b/a N/A, 14 Bedford St. 10014 (RW – Restaurant with Bar)
- Smorgasburg Events LLC, d/b/a N/A, 76 Varick St. 10013 (OP - Outdoor food & Shopping court with bar and outdoor seating, entertainment level music, live music, special events, private parties)
- FiftyTwo Merchants, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 52 Grove St. 10014 (OP - Restaurant)
- Big Ciccio Corp. or Entity to be formed, d/b/a Big Ciccio, 112-114 Perry St. 10014 (OP- Restaurant – with sidewalk café-previously unlicensed location) (laid over)
- Eli Zabar, LLC, d/b/a Eli’s Night Shift, 38 W. 8th St. 10011 (OP – Restaurant) (withdrawn)
- 29-33 Ninth Avenue, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 29-35 Ninth Ave. 10014 (OP – Restaurant) (laid over)
LANDMARKS 1 Chenault Spence, Chair
Thurs., 4/13@ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 520
- *769 Greenwich St. - Application is to remove the existing stair bulkhead from roof terrace, extend existing elevator shaft with new bulkhead at the roof terrace, and to install a greenhouse enclosure at 3rd floor terrace.
- *440 W. 14th St. - Application is to legalize 2 illuminated hanging signs that replaced 2 previous hanging illuminated signs.
- *77 Washington Place – Application is to restore the street façade to its 1917 appearance and to build rooftop extensions for stair and elevator bulkheads.
- *495 Broadway– Application is to reduce the carbon footprint through window & storefront.
- *36 Commerce St. - Application to replace windows, repair stoop, and other minor modifications to the front facade; modify roof, including extension of parapets and chimney, new roof profile not to be visible from street, and new HVAC equipment; modifications to the south, west, and east facades; and modifications to the rear yard including excavation and new balcony stair.
- *710 Greenwich St. – Application is to install new metal/glass storefront and minor masonry modifications to the exterior to help unify the street façade of the building.
QUALITY OF LIFE Cristy Dwyer, Acting Chair
Thurs., 4/13 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 405
1. * Application from 575 Broadway to install 12 planters on Prince St. between Broadway and Mercer Sts. [Withdrawn due to CB2 being informed by the Dept. of Transportation that it will deny the application due to a previous denial by the LPC.]
Application from 147 Mercer St. to install 4 planters on Prince St. and 4 planters on Mercer St. adjacent to the Mercer Hotel. [Withdrawn due to CB2 being informed by the Dept. of Transportation that it will deny the application due to a previous denial by the LPC.]
3. * New App. for revocable consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café for:
4.* Presentation by the Village Alliance regarding the Astor Place Poetry Festival to be held April 21st & 22nd.
- Adoro Lei LLC, d/b/a Adoro Lei, 287 Hudson St. with 7 tables & 14 chairs (2023067-DCA)
5.* Street Activities:
FYI/Renewal Street Activities:
- 5/19/17 – 5/23/17 – Sight Unseen OFFSITE, 100 Ave. of the Americas between Watts St. and Grand St.
- 5/20/17 – West 11th Street Block Party, West 11th St. between 5th Ave. and 6th Ave. (withdrawn)
- 5/24/17 - ICFF Block Party, Howard St. between Lafayette St. and Crosby St.
- 6/4/17 – Portuguese SoHo Single Block Festival, 1 Thompson St. between Spring St. and Prince St.
- 10/14/17 - Village Crosstown Trolley – Astor Place Festival, Astor Place between Broadway and Lafayette St.
- 10/28/17 – Friends of LaGuardia – Bleecker Street Festival, Bleecker St. between Broadway and Lafayette St.
- 6/11/17 – Housing Works Open Air Street Fair 2017, 126 Crosby St. between E. Houston St. and Prince St.
- 6/20/17 – Hudson Park Library Summer Reading Kick-Off Party, Leroy St. between 7th Ave. S. & Hudson St.
- 6/25/17 – PrideFest, 1) Hudson St. between Bethune St. and West 14th St., 2) West 13th St. between 9th Ave and Gansevoort St. (already heard)
- 8/27/17 - Transportation Alternatives 4th Avenue Festival (co-sponsored event), 4th Ave. between East 9th St. and East 14th St.
LANDMARKS 2 Chenault Spence, Chair
Mon., 4/17 @ 6:30 PM – CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
- *13 Bleecker St. – Application is to convert existing 2-family house into a single family, renovate the front and rear façades; and install new mechanical equipment and a new LULA elevator.
- *155 W. 11th St. a/k/a 1 7th Ave. – Application is to change the existing terrace railing and to add a trellis on the east side of the terrace.
EXECUTIVE Terri Cude, Chair
Tues., 4/18 @ 6:30 PM- CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
FULL BOARD Terri Cude, Chair
Thurs., 4/20 @ 6:30 PM- St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall
THE PUBLIC SESSION BEGINS AT 6:30 PM. SPEAKER’S CARDS WILL BE NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER 7:00 PM. Reports from the Chair, District Manager, Borough President, Standing Committees. INDIVIDUALS WHO CANNOT ATTEND ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT WRITTEN TESTIMONY IN ADVANCE TO THE BOARD OFFICE. WRITTEN TESTIMONY WILL BE PLACED INTO THE RECORD.
SOCIAL SERVICES Sasha Greene, Chair
Tues., 4/25 @ 6:30 PM- Lenox Health Center in Greenwich Village, enter at 30 7th Avenue, Administrative Conference Room (lower level)
- Update by Lenox Health Greenwich Village.
FUTURE OF PIER 40 WORKING GROUP Tobi Bergman, Chair
Thurs., 4/27 @ 6:30 PM- The Door, 555 Broome St.
- Initial presentation to the Working Group by Hudson River Park Trust and continued discussion of information needed to inform Working Group process.
NOTES: The Schools & Education Committee will not be meeting in April.