Please click here to view the CB2 Google Calendar in a separate webpage
AMENDED CALENDAR OF MEETINGS
*PUBLIC HEARINGS are noted with asterisks. MEETINGS AT THE COMMUNITY BOARD OFFICE ARE AT 3 WASHINGTON SQUARE VILLAGE, AT THE BOARD OFFICE CONFERENCE ROOM ADJACENT TO SUITE 1A. Calendar is subject to change, so we suggest that individuals visit our website [cb2manhattan.org] regularly for updates. At all meetings, additional items may be raised as "New Business".
550 WASHINGTON/ST. JOHN’S TERMINAL WORKING GROUP
Tobi Bergman, Chair
Wed., 10/5 @ 6:30 PM - Little Red School House, 272 Sixth Avenue, Auditorium
- Status Report from the Department of City Planning, including determinations regarding any CB2's recommendations it might consider out of scope.
TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION
Shirley Secunda, Chair
Thurs., 10/6 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Building, 194 Mercer St., Room 203
- * Request for improvements to reduce vehicular noise levels and congestion at the Holland Tunnel at the Watts St. entrance bet. Thompson and Varick Sts., including elimination of parking for two blocks on Watts St. leading to the Tunnel, signalization changes, and LED street signage indicating alternate routes to the Tunnel via Canal and Varick Sts.
- * Discussion of the Holland Tunnel Noise/Traffic congestion by NYC Dept. of Transportation Manhattan Borough Commissioner Luis Sanchez.
- * Presentation by NYC Department of Transportation on the Proposed Greenwich Ave. Bike Lane between 6th Ave. (Ave. of the Americas) and 8th Ave.
- *Recommendations for Bus Countdown Clock Locations.
SLA LICENSING 1
Robert Ely, Chair
Thurs., 10/6 @ 6:30 PM – PS 41, 116 W. 11th St. (auditorium)
1a.* Apps. to the SLA for New beer and/or wine License (RW):
1b.* Apps. to the State Liquor Authority (SLA) for New License to sell liquor on-premise (OP):
- OCA Positive Food, LLC, d/b/a N/A, 250 Mott St. South Store 10012 (withdrawn-will resubmit)
- 524 Broadway Tenant, LLC, d/b/a WeWork, 524 Broadway 10012 (RW – Bar) (seeking live music with DJs) (withdrawn-will resubmit)
- WW 379 W. Broadway, d/b/a WeWork, 379 W. Broadway 10012 (RW – Bar) (seeking live music with DJs) (withdrawn-will resubmit)
- WeWork 154 Grand, LLC, d/b/a WeWork, 154 Grand St. 10013 (RW – Bar) ( seeking live music with DJs) (withdrawn-will resubmit)
- 428 Broadway Tenant, LLC, d/b/a WeWork, 428 Broadway 10013 (RW – Bar) (seeking live music with DJs) (withdrawn-will resubmit)
- Clean Table, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 28 7th Ave. 10014 (RW- Restaurant)
- Centre Howard, LLC, d/b/a Nickel & Diner, 1 Howard St. 10013 (RW - Restaurant) (transfer) (laid over)
- Funny BBQ 98, Inc., 98 Bowery 10013 (RW – Restaurant)
- ALSW Mott, LLC, d/b/a The Sosta, 52 Kenmare St. 10012 (RW – Restaurant) (laid over)
- Clean Table, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 378 Avenue of the Americas 10011 (RW-Restaurant) (minimum food availability)
- Clean Table, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 126 MacDougal St. 10012 (RW-Restaurant) (minimum food availability)
- Clean Table, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 101 7th Ave. South 10014 (RW-Restaurant) (minimum food availability)
- JDBN, LLC, 140 W. Houston St. (RW - Restaurant)
- Tomino, LLC, d/b/a Tomino, 192 Grand St. 10013 (OP – Restaurant) (laid over)
- JTW Family Foods, LLC, 169 Bleecker St. 10012 (OP-Restaurant) (transfer)
Jack’s Wife Freda, 50 Carmine St. (OP); Lively, Vault at 675 Hudson St. (OP); 11 Howard, 138 Lafayette St. aka 11-17 Howard St. (OP); Emporio, 231 Mott St. (OP); The Uncommons, 230 Thompson St. (RW); Café Wha, 11 MacDougal St. (OP); Lombardi’s, 32 Spring St. (OP); Rosso Pomodoro, 118 Greenwich Ave. (OP); Black Tap, 248 W. 14th St. (OP); Fig & Olive Thirteen St., 420 W. 13th St. (OP); Smalls Jazz Club, 183 W. 10th St. (OP); Hudson Bar & Books, 636 Hudson St. (OP); Kava Restaurant & Tapas Bar, 324 Spring St. (OP); The Standard, 844-848 Washington St. (OP); Buvette, 42-44 Grove St. (OP); Black Tap, 248 W. 14th St. (OP); Buvette, 42-44 Grove St. (OP); Ootoya, 41 E. 11th St., Store 1 ((RW); Botanica, 47 E. Houston St. (OP); Brinkleys/Southside, 406 Broome St. (OP); Acme Bar & Grill, 9 Great Jones St. (OP); Max Breener Union Square LLC, 841 Broadway (OP)
**Please contact the Board office if you have an issue with these applications or if you wish to request to have them placed on the agenda for this meeting.
SLA LICENSING 2
Carter Booth, Chair
Thurs., 10/13 @ 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall
1a.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
1b* Apps. to the SLA for New beer and/or wine License (RW):
- Cozy Soup & Burger, Inc., 739 Broadway 10003 (RW – Restaurant) (expansion of premise) (laid over)
- BSL Carmine, Inc., d/b/a Bluestone Lane, 30 Carmine St. 10014 (RW – Restaruant)
1c.* Apps. to the State Liquor Authority (SLA) for New License to sell liquor on-premise (OP):
- Random, LLC, d/b/a Chit Chat, 268 Bleecker St. 10014 (RW- Bar with outdoor patio/deck space) (withdrawn)
- The Elk, NYC, LLC, d/b/a The Elk, 128 Charles St. 10014 (RW-Restaurant)
- FB 35 East 13, Inc., 35 E. 13th St. 10003 (OP – Restaurant)(withdrawn)
- Manu, Inc., 10 Little W. 12th St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant) (laid over)
- Mazi Hospitality Group, LLC, d/b/a N/A, 9 Jones St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant with live music/DJs)
- Sushi Nakazawa, LLC, d/b/a Sushi Nakazawa, 23 Commerce St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant) (Class Change-Upgrade)
- Entity to be formed by Eric Lozano and Herve Rossano, 393 Canal St. 10013 (OP-Restaurant & Karaoke bar)
- Blackfoot Consulting, LLC, d/b/a The Venue at 55 Grove, 55 Grove St. 10014 (OP-catering) (basement, 1st and 2nd floors, live and recorded music) (withdrawn)
LANDMARKS 1 Chenault Spence,
Thurs., 10/13 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Building, 194 Mercer St., Room 203
- *137 Bank St. - Application is for permanent approval of accessibility modification at 55 Bethune St. entry which was previously approved for temporary installation.
- *22 Little W. 12th St. - Application is to establish a Master Plan to install a painted wall sign on the east facing façade of the building.
- *114-116 Greene St. – Application is to install bracket signage.
- *71 Spring St. – Application is to establish a Master Plan regarding ground floor alteration,s including replacement of non-historic storefront infill and building entrances.
- *101 Wooster St. – Application is to add a new mechanical bulkhead atop the existing elevator bulkhead for the extended travel and access to the roof.
- *97-99 7th Ave. So. – Application is to modify storefront and remove historic mosaic sign panel and replace with new signage, remove rolldown security gates, replace 3 modern retractable awnings with 3 sets of retractable awnings occupying entire facade, remove and install 7 non-gooseneck light fixtures at the parapet, replace 4 modern small light fixtures with 4 large light strip fixtures at the masonry piers, and replace 3 existing pairs of double doors finished red with new stained hardwood double paneled and glazed doors.
- *14 St. Luke’s Pl. – Application is to construct a 4th floor addition, and relocate and extend mechanical equipment.
- *19-23 Commerce St. – Application is to legalize a storefront alteration, storefront replacement, installation of two awnings, and installation of a bracket sign with light fixtures without LPC permits.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Robert Woodworth, Chair
Mon., 10/17 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 414
Review of the new street festival rules proposed by the Mayor’s Street Activity Permit Office.
2.* New App. to Department of Consumer Affairs for Newsstand at:
3.* Assignment App. for revocable consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café for:
- Northeast Corner of Canal St. and Centre St., 235 Canal St. (13192-2016-ANWS)
FYI/Renewal Sidewalks Café:
- Boucherie, LLC d/b/a Boucherie, 99 7th Ave. So. 10014, with 42 tables and 84 chairs (12627-2016-ASWC)
- Pearl & Ash, LLC d/b/a N/A, 220 Bowery 10012, with 7 tables & 16 chairs (2013929-DCA)
- Claudisal Rest. Corp., d/b/a The Malt House, 206 Thompson St. with 9 tables & 18 chairs (2004736-DCA
4.* Street Activities:
Please contact the CB2 office if you have an issue with an a FYI Sidewalk Café or an FYI Street Activity application or to have them placed on the agenda for this meeting.
- 12/1/16 –World AIDS Day Street Event, Greenwich Ave. between West 12th St. and West 11th St.
LAND USE & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT Anita Brandt, Chair
Mon., 10/17 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Meyer Hall, 4 Washington Pl. (btw Broadway & Mercer St.), Room 121
- *225 Varick Street (between Clarkson and West Houston Streets) BSA Cal. No. 133-06-BZ to extend the term of the previously granted special permit allowing the operation of a physical culture establishment.
- *30 Thompson Street (between Grand and Watt Streets.) BSA Cal. No. 2016-4223 BZ, an application for a variance pursuant to ZR Section 72-21 to permit a residential building on this site. (laid over)
- *323-327 Avenue of the Americas (between Carmine Street and Cornelia/West 4th Streets). Final review of BSA Cal. No. 2016-4138-BZ, an application to the Board of Standards and Appeals for a variance pursuant to ZR Section 72-21 to modify certain use and bulk regulations to allow a three-story (plus cellar) enlargement to the IFC Center on the vacant portion of the zoning lot with frontage on Cornelia Street. (Executive Session)
- *34 Howard St. (between Broadway and Crosby St.) An application for the grant of a special permit pursuant to Section 74-781 of the Zoning Resolution to modify the requirements of Section 42-14(D)(2)(b) to allow Use Group 6 uses (retail uses) on portions of the ground floor and cellar of an existing five-story building.
Chenault Spence, Chair
Mon., 10/17 @ 6:30 PM- Little Red School House, 272 Sixth Avenue, Auditorium
- *19-21-23 W. 9th St. – Application is to complete and continue the existing gates at the entrances of buildings and match them with the current streetscape.
- *537 Broadway – Application is to modernize the existing elevator and re-construction/extension of the elevator’s bulkhead currently on the roof of building.
- *458 Broadway – Application is to enlarge lot window on the south lotline and combine three separate windows openings into a single masonry opening.
- *62 Greene St.- Application is to: a) perform exterior repairs of cast-iron street façade and rear non-visible masonry façade, replace windows, restore storefronts, and sidewalk cleaning; and b) Application is to request that LPC issue a report to City Planning Commission re: an application for Modification of Use pursuant to Sec. 74-712 of the Zoning Resolution.
- *558 Broadway – Application is to restore and extend the existing Broadway and Crosby Street facades.
- *568 Broadway – Application is to legalize storefront alterations installed without LPC permit(s). (laid over)
- *50 King St. – (WILL NOT BE HEARD TONIGHT.)
SCHOOLS & EDUCATION
Jeannine Kiely, Chair [CANCELED] [See amended calendar for new date]
Mon., 10/17 @ 6:30 PM- The New School, 66 West 12th St., Auditorium
- An introduction to MS297 at 75 Morton Street and the new Principal, Jacqui Getz (co-hosted by Community Education Council District 2 and the 75 Morton Community Alliance).
Tobi Bergman, Chair
Tues., 10/18 @ 6:30 PM- CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
Tobi Bergman, Chair
Thurs., 10/20 @ 6:30 PM- Scholastic Building, 557 Broadway, Auditorium
THE PUBLIC SESSION BEGINS AT 6:30 PM. SPEAKER’S CARDS WILL BE NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER 7:00 PM. Reports from the Chair, District Manager, Borough President, Standing Committees. INDIVIDUALS WHO CANNOT ATTEND ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT WRITTEN TESTIMONY IN ADVANCE TO THE BOARD OFFICE. WRITTEN TESTIMONY WILL BE PLACED INTO THE RECORD.
Sasha Greene, Chair
Tues., 10/25 @ 6:30 PM- CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
- Presentation by Linda Hoffman, President of the Foundation for Senior Citizens, regarding senior affordable housing.
The Arts & Institutions Committee and Parks & Waterfront Committee will not be meeting this month.