CALENDAR OF MEETINGS
*PUBLIC HEARINGS are noted with asterisks. MEETINGS AT THE COMMUNITY BOARD OFFICE ARE AT 3 WASHINGTON SQUARE VILLAGE, AT THE BOARD OFFICE CONFERENCE ROOM ADJACENT TO SUITE 1A. Calendar is subject to change, so we suggest that individuals visit our website [cb2manhattan.org] regularly for updates. At all meetings, additional items may be raised as "New Business".
Richard Caccappolo, Chair
Wed., 7/1 @ 6:30 PM- LGBT Center, 208 W. 13th St (btwn. 7th/8th Aves), Room 101
- * Consideration of the proposal to create a Stonewall National Monument as world’s first national park site designed to interpret, protect, and preserve the history and culture of LGBT people in Christopher Park, which would require transfer of the Park to the National Park Service.
Anita Brandt, Chair
Wed., 7/8 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 208
- *650 Broadway (between Bleecker and Bond Street) for a Physical Culture Establishment (PCE). BSA Application #131-15-BZ is for a special permit to legalize a PCE.
- *529 Broadway (northwest corner of Spring Street) Construction is proceeding on what appears to be a new building based on DOB permits for renovation of an existing building which has been entirely demolished. Stated plans appear to pertain to retail use exceeding 10,000 square feet and to continuing a non-conforming use that may not survive because of the nature of the project. Owners of this site and adjacent sites as well as the Department of Buildings will be invited to present to the committee.
- *449 Broadway (the west side of Broadway between Grand and Howard) Application CEQR# 15DCP151M & Land Use ID # I150337 ZSM for a special permit pursuant ZR Section 74-781 to allow UG6 below the floor level of the second story of a building located in an M1-5B zoning district. No presentation, executive only.
- *359 Canal Street (between West Broadway and Wooster Street) Application CEQR# 15DCP150M & Land Use I 150334 ZSM for a special permit pursuant ZR Section 74-781 to allow UG6 below the floor level of the second story of a building located in an M1-5B zoning district. No presentation, executive only.
- *357 Canal Street (between West Broadway and Wooster Street) Application CEQR# 5DCP149M & Land Use I 150333 ZSM for a special permit pursuant ZR Section 74-781 to allow UG6 below the floor level of the second story of a building located in an M1-5B zoning district. No presentation, executive only.
FYI Land Use (The applications will not be heard by the committee)
- 24 E. 13th St. (btw 5th Ave and University Pl.) – An application for an extension of term of a special permit allowing a physical culture establishment on a 3rd floor of an existing cellar and six-story mix building and for extension of of time to obtain an updated Certificate of Occupancy.
- 53 Mercer St. – an application to extend the time to complete construction pursuant to a variance granted by BSA on November 23, 2010.
Mon., 7/13 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 206
1.* New App. for revocable consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk cafe for:
FYI Sidewalk Café Renewals:
- Ruby’s United LLC, d/b/a The Happiest Hour, 121 W. 10th St. with 3 tables & 6 chairs (7963-2015-ASWC)(withdrawn)
- French Cuisine Inc., 78 Carmine St. with 12 tables & 24 chairs (8279-2015-ASWC)
2.* Street Activity Applications:
- R&G Spring LLC, d/b/a Piccola Cucina, 196 Spring St. with 2 tables & 4 chairs (1463501-DCA)
- Whitehall NYC LLC, 19 Greenwich Ave. with 4 tables & 8 chairs (1464847-DCA)
- Le Gans Restaurant Inc., 46 Gansevoort St. with 6 tables & 16 chairs (1456381-DCA)
FYI Street Activities Renewals:
- 8/16/15 – 126 Feast of St Rocco Block Party, 113 Baxter St. between Canal St. and Hester St.
- 9/5/15 - New Amsterdam Market, Bond St. between Broadway and Lafayette St. (laid over)
- 8/16/15 - Palio on Minetta Block Party, Minetta St. between Bleecker St. and Minetta Lane.
- 9/20/15 – Cycle for the Cause – Northeast AIDS Ride Block Party, West 13 St. between 7th Ave. and Greenwich Ave.
Please contact the CB2 office if you have an issue with a FYI Sidewalk Café application or to have them placed on the agenda for this meeting.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Robert Woodworth, Chair
Mon., 7/13 @ 6:30 PM- LGBT Center, 208 W. 13th St (btwn. 7th/8th Aves)
- Updates about ongoing noise issues.
SLA LICENSING 1
Robert Ely, Chair
Tues., 7/14 @ 6:30 PM – Judson Church, 239 Thompson St., Assembly Hall
1a. * Apps. to the SLA for Renewal to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for Corporate Change to beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- York Food Corp., d/b/a Falucka, 162 Bleeker St. 10012 (on-premise)
1c.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- 219 Mulberry LLC, d/b/a Ruby’s, 219 Mulberry St. 10012 (RW)(withdrawn)
1d.* Apps. to the SLA for New beer and/or wine License (RW):
- SoHo Hotel Owner LLC, 138 Lafayette 10012 (RW)
1e.* Apps. to the State Liquor Authority (SLA) for New License to sell liquor on-premise (OP):
- 22 Howard Street F&B LLC, d/b/a Smile To Go, 22 Howard St. 10013 (withdrawn)
- Emmanuel NY Corp., 194 Grand St. 10013
- UBC LLC, 203 Mott St. Store #1 10012 (laid over)
- Greek Natural Foods, d/b/a Greecologies, 379 Broome St. 10013 (laid over)
- 135 Tart LLC, d/b/a Once Upon a Tart, 135 Sullivan St. North Store 10012
- LYH Hospitality LLC, Da Marcella, 142 W. Houston St. 10012 (withdrawn)
- Dragonfly Soul, Inc., 140 W. 4th St. 10012
- NYCPF, Inc., d/b/a Pommes Frites, 128 MacDougal St. 10012
- Mookambika Group Inc., d/b/a Masala Times, 194 Bleecker St. 10012 (Beer Only)(laid over)
- S.O. Farms Hospitality Group LLC, 16-18 Kings St. 10014
- 496 LaGuardia Restaurant, Inc., d/b/a Mocha Burger, 496 LaGuardia Pl. 10012 (withdrawn)
- JKS Hospitality LLC, 138-140 W. Houston 10012 (withdrawn)
- Nix LLC, 72 University Pl. 10003 (transfer)(laid over)
- Viejo Group, LLC d/b/a Bourgeois Pig, 127 MacDougal St. 10012
- Sapori D Italia, LLC d/b/a Same, 105 Mulberry St. 10013 (withdrawn)
- Moe Larry Cheese, LLC, 138 Lafayette St. 10012
- Supernatural Wine, Inc. & Supernatural Wines NY, LLC d/b/a La Compagnies des Vins Surnaturels, 247-249 Centre St. 10013 (upgrade)
- Sugar Beets, Inc., d/b/a Maman, 239 Centre St. 10013
Jack’s Stir Brew Coffee, 138 W. 10th St. (on-premise); Salam Restaurant, 104 W. 13th St. (on-premise); Off the Wagon, 109 MacDougal St. (license # 1025111 & 1117015)(on-premise); Berimbau, 43 Carmine St. (on-premise); Pegu Club, 77 W. Houston St. 2nd Fl. (on-premise); Hudson Food Court, 333 Hudson St. (RW); Ushiwakamaru Corp., 136 W. Houston St. (RW); Sweet Revenge, 62 Carmine St. (RW); Griffin, 50 Gansevoort St. (on-premise); Bobo, 181 W. 10th St. (on-premise); Le Pain Quotidien, 10 5th Ave. (RW); Le Pain Quotidien, 801 Broadway (RW); Good Restaurant, 89 Greenwich Ave. (on-premise); The Half Pint, 234 Thompson St. aka 76 W. 3rd St. (lic. # 1275800 & 11900346)(on-premise); Sweet Revenge, 62 Carmine St. (RW); Gaslight, 400 W. 14th St. (on-premise); Despana Brand Foods, 199 Lafayette St. Store H/aka 408 Broome St. (RW); Fair Folks and a Goat, 96 W. Houston St. (RW); Mooncake Foods, 28 Watts St. (RW); Alta, 64 W. 10th St. (on-premise); Gallo Nero, 95 7th Ave. South (on-premise); Tauro Restaurant, 284 Hudson St. (RW); Blue Ribbon, 97 Sullivan St. (on-premise); Modern Gourmet Inc., 793 Broadway (RW); Pearl & Ash, 220 Bowery (RW); Crosby Street Hotel, 79 Crosby St. (on-premise); Mulberry Street Bar LLC, 176 ½ Mulberry St. (on-premise); Soho House, 29-35 9th Ave. (on-premise); Hundred Acres, 38 MacDougal St. (on-premise); Aramark Educational Services LLC, 60 Washington Sq. South, 10th Fl. (on-premise); Ramen Takumi, 1 University Pl., Store #2 (RW); Ed’s Lobster Bar LLC, 222 Lafayette St. (on-premise); Chomp Chomp, 7 Cornelia St. (onm-premise); The Otheroom Inc., 143 Perry St. (RW); Marlton Hotel Operating LLC, 5 W. 8th St. (on-premise); Koi Soho, 246 Spring St. (on-premise); Pagani, 289 Bleecker St. (on-premise); Valbella, 421 W. 13th St. (on-premise); Lupa, 170 Thompson St. (on-premise); Newman Theater, 425 Lafayette St. (on-premise); Y&S International Corp., 181 W. 4th St. (RW); Mas (La Grillade), 28 7th Ave. South (on-premise)
; 176 7th Avenue Pizza Ltd., 176 7th Ave. South (RW)
; Pepe Rosso Social, 173 Mott St. (RW); Barrow Street Theatre, 27 Barrow St. (RW); Pieces Bar, 8 Christopher St. (on-premise); Po Restaurant Corporation, 31 Cornelia St. (RW); Umami Burger, 432 6th Ave. (on-premise); OneGin, 391 6th Ave. (on-premise); Catch, 21-27 9th Ave. (on-premise); Piccolo Angolo, 621 Hudson St. (RW); Vol De Nuit, 148 W. 4th St. (RW); Piora, 430 Hudson St. (on-premise); Milano’s Bar, 51 E. Houston St. (on-premise); Marumi Restaurant, 546 LaGuardia Pl. (RW); Boyd Thai, 210 Thompson St. (RW); Café Novecento, 343 W. Broadway (on-premise); New Amsterdam Merchants LLC, 52 Greenwich Ave. (RW)
Genuine Grand Street NYC LLC, 191 Grand St. (on-premise)
**Please contact the Board office if you have an issue with these applications, to have them placed on the agenda for this meeting.
SLA LICENSING 2
Carter Booth, Chair
Thurs., 7/16 @ 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall 1a.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
1c. * Apps. to the SLA for Renewal to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- Duet NY LLC, d/b/a Duet Brasserie, 74 7th Ave. South. aka 37 Barrow St. 10014 (on-premise) (change of hours)
- FiftyOne Merchants LLC, d/b/a Via Carota, 49 Grove St. Store 1, 2 & 3 (w/addition of Store 4) (on-premise)
- Zouk Ltd., d/b/a Palma, 28 ½ Cornelia St. 10014 (on-premise)(expansion of premises)(laid over)
- Dailyfish 33 LLC, d/b/a Chapter One, 33 Greenwich Ave. 10014 (on-premise)(withdrawn)
- Highline Restaurant LLC, d/b/a Santina, 820 Washington St. 10014 (on-premise) (laid over)
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for New beer and/or wine License (RW):
- Whynot My Way LLC, d/b/a Whynot Bistro, 14 Christopher St. 10011 (RW)
- Patlar Corp. d/b/a Barrows Pub, 93 Barrow St. 10014 (on-premise)(laid over)
1c.* Apps. to the State Liquor Authority (SLA) for New License to sell liquor on-premise (OP):
- NYPiada, Inc., 15 Eighth Ave. 10014
- DBTG14 Ltd., d/b/a Dirty Bird To-Go, 204-208 W. 14th St. 10011
- J. Ignacio Lopez, on behalf of an entity to be determined, 27 Morton St. 10014
- Ramen by Mew Inc., 7 Cornelia St. 10014
- Hudson Gastro Pub LLC, d/b/a The Hudson Division, 131 Christopher St. 10014 (withdrawn)
- Hudson Gasto Pub LLC, d/b/a The Hudson Division, 581 Hudson St. 10014 (transfer)
- Corp. to be formed, 234 W. 4th St. 10014 (laid over)
- 62 Greenwich, LLC, d/b/a Greenwich Steak House FG, 62 Greenwich Ave. 10011
- Infinity Restaurant Group, 45 W. 8th St. 10011
- G&L Restaurant, LLC, 21-23 W. 8th St. 10003
- BL 62 West 9th St, LLC, 62 W. 9th St. 10011 (transfer)
- Piccolo W.V. LLC, 57 7th Ave So. 10011 (transfer of license)(withdrawn)
- Macelleria Restaurant, Inc., 1-3 Little W. 12th St. 10014
- 13th Street Holdings LLC, 409 W. 13th St. 10014 (transfer)(laid over)
- An Entity to be formed by Stephen Starr, 100 Gansevoort St. 10014 (laid over)
- Tapestry LLC, 60 Greenwich Ave. 10011 (laid over)
Sean Sweeney, Doris Diether, Co-Chairs
Thurs., 7/16 @ 6:30 PM- Sheen Center, 18 Bleecker Street (enter on Elizabeth Street), Studio A & B
- *34 Howard St. - Application is to replace storefront and lower a portion of the ground floor to provide an accessible entry at grade.
- *32 Dominick St. - Application is to restore front façade, replace front and rear windows and doors, recladding of roof, enlarge the rear dormer, addition of rear 2nd and 3rd story, excavation for rear addition.
- *78 Grand St. - Application is to restore building envelope (repointing, masonry cleaning, window replication and replacement), reconfigure existing storefront per ADA requirements and to construct a rooftop bulkhead addition.
- *127 Prince St. - Application is to install signage.
- *382 West Broadway – Application to install a flagpole and banner.
- *33 Wooster St. - Application is to remove existing violations: removal and relocation of exterior light fixtures, removal of paint on existing brick, and removal of thru-the-wall air conditioners and air conditioner sleeves.
Chenault Spence, Doris Diether, Co-Chairs
Mon., 7/20 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 206
- *14 Christopher St. - Application is to legalize the installation of a storefront, awnings and windows without LPC permits.
- *44 & 46 Horatio St. (Part 1 & 2) - Application is to restore original ground floor entry and areaway at 44 Horatio, construct a one-story rooftop addition and bulkhead at 46 Horatio, excavate rear yard and enlarge window openings on rear facade.
- *60 W. 11th St. - Application is to replace front façade windows; install new roofing with front dormer window, and glazed skylight assembly facing rear yard; C) create 2nd floor rear expansion over existing 1st floor prior addition; D) restore rear brick façade and replace non-historic upper level window locations.
- *346 Bleecker St. - Application is to remove a large awning, repair original brick detailing and granite base to original condition, and replace windows and door.
- *27 VanDam St. - Application is to legalize the painting of windows in black without LPC permits.
Tobi Bergman, Chair
Tues., 7/21 @ 6:30 PM- CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
Tobi Bergman, Chair
Thurs., 7/23 @ 6:30 PM- Scholastic Building, 557 Broadway, Auditorium THE PUBLIC SESSION BEGINS AT 6:30 PM. SPEAKERS CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM 6:30 TO 7:00 PM. Reports from the Chair, District Manager, Borough President, Standing Committees. INDIVIDUALS WHO CANNOT ATTEND ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT WRITTEN TESTIMONY IN ADVANCE TO THE BOARD OFFICE. WRITTEN TESTIMONY WILL BE PLACED INTO THE RECORD.
Sasha Greene, Chair
Tues., 7/28 @ 6:30 PM- St. John’s Lutheran Church, 81 Christopher St.