Please click here to view the CB2 Google Calendar in a separate webpage
AMENDED SEPTEMBER 2016
CALENDAR OF MEETINGS
*PUBLIC HEARINGS are noted with asterisks. MEETINGS AT THE COMMUNITY BOARD OFFICE ARE AT 3 WASHINGTON SQUARE VILLAGE, AT THE BOARD OFFICE CONFERENCE ROOM ADJACENT TO SUITE 1A. Calendar is subject to change, so we suggest that individuals visit our website [cb2manhattan.org] regularly for updates. At all meetings, additional items may be raised as "New Business".
Rich Caccappolo, Chair
Wed., 9/7 @ 6:30 PM- Dapolito Recreation Center, 1 Clarkson St., 3rd Fl.
- * Introduction to local group interested in improving the green way island that is located at the end of Jane and Horatio Streets at West Street.
- * Update from Green Below 14 including their Artside Program.
- Update on noise reduction efforts at Washington Square Park.
TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION
Shirley Secunda, Chair
Thurs., 9/8 @ 6:30 PM- Our Lady of Pompeii Church, 25 Carmine St., Father Demo Hall
- * Presentation by MTA NYC Transit on proposed extension of the M1 bus. (laid over)
- * Presentation by NYC Department of Transportation of proposed bike lane on 8th St. bet. Ave. of the Americas (6th Ave.) and Astor Pl.
- * Request for all newly renovated cobblestone streets to be equipped with granite strips for bicycles.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Robert Woodworth, Chair
Mon., 9/12 @ 6:30 PM- Dapolito Recreation Center, 1 Clarkson St., 3rd Fl.1.* Assignment App. for revocable consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café for:
FYI/Renewal Sidewalks Café:
- New Indian Food LLC, d/b/a Paowalla, 195 Spring St. with 11 tables & 22 chairs (12244-2016-ASWC)
2.* Street Activity Applications:
- Naughty Gull, LLC, d/b/a The Clam, 420 Hudson St. with 7 tables & 17 chairs (2007739-DCA)
- Kennedy Organics, LLC, d/b/a Charlie Bird, 5 King St. with 19 tables & 38 chairs (2005253-DCA)
- 212 Lafayette Associates LLC, d/b/a Café Select, 212 Lafayette St. with 5 tables & 4 tables (1349707-DCA)
- 9/18/16 – Il Buco Pig Roast, 47 Bond St. between Bowery and Lafayette St.
- 9/30/16 - Finnish 100 year anniversary celebration, Christopher St. between 7 Ave. So. and Bleecker St. (laid over)
Please contact the CB2 office if you have an issue with an a FYI Sidewalk Café or an FYI Street Activity application or to have them placed on the agenda for this meeting.
SLA LICENSING 1
Robert Ely, Chair
Tues., 9/13 @ 6:30 PM – [NEW LOCATION] Scholastic Building, 557 Broadway, Auditorium1a.* Apps. to the SLA for Renewal to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- 5 Spring Street Corp. d/b/a Sweet & Vicious Bar, 5 Spring St. 10012 (OP-renewal with complaints)
1c.* Apps. to the SLA for New beer and/or wine License (RW):
- Cozy Soup & Burger, Inc. d/b/a N/A, 739 Broadway 10003 (RW - Restaurant)(Store Expansion) (withdrawn-will resubmit for October agenda)
1d.* Apps. to the State Liquor Authority (SLA) for New License to sell liquor on-premise (OP):
- Pi Odyssey Coporation d/b/a Pi Bakerie, 512 Broome St. 10013
- Culinary Solution, Inc., d/b/a Ato, 28 Grand St. 10013
- OCA Positive Food, LLC, d/b/a N/A, 250 Mott St. South Store 10012 (laid over)
- Khao Thai Eatery, Inc., d/b/a Khao Thai Kitchen, 235 Sullivan St. 10012
- Dig Inn 70 Prince Street LLC, d/b/a Dig Inn, 70 Prince St. 10012
- ISG Enterprises, Inc., d/b/a Sushi Sushi, 126 MacDougal St. 10012
- 524 Broadway Tenant, LLC, d/b/a WeWork, 524 Broadway 10012 (seeking live music with DJs) (laid over)
- WW 379 W. Broadway, d/b/a WeWork, 379 W. Broadway 10012 (seeking live music with DJs) (laid over)
- WeWork 154 Grand, LLC, d/b/a WeWork, 154 Grand St. 10013 (seeking live music with DJs) (laid over)
- 428 Broadway Tenant, LLC, d/b/a WeWork, 428 Broadway 10013 (seeking live music with DJs) (laid over)
- Emmanuel NY Corp., d/b/a Hometown Hotpot & BBQ, 194 Grand St. 10013 (OP – Restaurant)(Class Change)
- FB 35 East 13, Inc., 35 E. 13th St. 10003 (OP – Restaurant) (Seeking 4AM and a rooftop bar)
- Be Westbourne LLC, d/b/a TBD, 98 Kenmare St. 10012 (OP – Restaurant) (Transfer) (withdrawn)
Old Havana, 222 Thompson St. (OP); Sushi Samba West Village, 87 7th Ave. So. (license # 1105067 & 1105069) (OP); Prime 135, 135 7th Ave. S. (RW); Zinc, 82 W. 3rd St. Basement (OP); Ganota, 252 W. 14th St. (OP); Café Cluny, 284 W. 12th St. (OP); The Chester, 18 9th Ave. (OP); The Venu at 93 Greenwich, 93 Greenwich Ave. (OP); Shu Han Ju, 465 6th Ave. (RW); Capitale, 130 Bowery (OP); The Jane Hotel, 113 Jane St. aka 505-507 West St. (OP); Shuko, 47 East 12th St. (OP); Wilfie + Nell, 228 W. 4th St. (OP); II Mulino Prime, 53 Grand St. aka 331 W. Broadway (OP); Agave, 140 7th Ave. So. (OP); Chefs Club by Food & Wine, 275 Mulberry St. aka 295 Lafayette St. #1 (OP); Ramen Lab, 70-80 Kenmare St. –Store 5 (RW); 3 Sheets Saloon, 134 W. 3rd St. (OP); Employees Only, 510 Hudson St. (OP); Papatzul, 55 Grand St. (OP)
**Please contact the Board office if you have an issue with these applications or if you wish to request to have them placed on the agenda for this meeting.
LAND USE & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Anita Brandt, Chair
Wed., 9/14 @ 6:30 PM- [MEETING CANCELED]
Grace Church School (Tuttle Hall), 86 Fourth Ave.
- *225 Varick Street (between Clarkson and West Houston Streets) BSA Cal. No. 133-06-BZ to extend the term of the previously granted special permit allowing the operation of a physical culture establishment. (laid over)
- *30 Thompson Street (between Grand and Watt Streets.) BSA Cal. No. 2016-4223 BZ, an application for a variance pursuant to ZR Section 72-21 to permit a residential building on this site. (laid over)
- *640 Broadway (SE corner of Bleecker St) CPC application170006ZSM for a Section 74-711 special permit to modify the height and setback regulations and the recreational space requirements to facilitate the construction of two penthouse additions. (withdrawn until certified)
- 323-327 Avenue of the Americas (between Carmine Street and Cornelia/West 4th Streets). Review of BSA Cal. No. 2016-4138-BZ application to the Board of Standards and Appeals for a variance pursuant to ZR Section 72-21 to modify certain use and bulk regulations to allow a three-story (plus cellar) enlargement to the IFC Center on the vacant portion of the zoning lot with frontage on Cornelia Street (EXECUTIVE SESSION).
SLA LICENSING 2
Carter Booth, Chair
Thurs., 9/15 @ 6:30 PM – St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St., Lower Hall1a.* Apps. to the SLA for Renewal to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
1b.* Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- CGM-GH LLC & Paige GH Group LLC, d/b/a The Chester, 18 9th Ave. 10014 (OP)
1c.* Apps. to the SLA for Corporate Change Application to sell beer and wine (RW) or liquor on-premise (OP):
- D & C Loop, Inc. d/b/a Sushi Para 88, 212 W. 14th St. 10011 (RW - Add Outdoor Rear Yard Dining)
- EDO Food IV, LLC, d/b/a Hummus Place, 71 7th Ave. S. 10014 (Upgrade to Full Liquor License)
1d.* Apps. to the SLA for New beer and/or wine License (RW):
- Spice Market, LLC, d/b/a N/A, 29-35A 9th Ave. 10014 (OP – Restaurant) (Upper-tier Corporate Change due to Merger) (withdrawn)
- Lorraine O’Donnell, d/b/a The Corner Bistro, 331 W. 4th St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant)
1e.* Apps. to the State Liquor Authority (SLA) for New License to sell liquor on-premise (OP):
- Kut Operating Corp. d/b/a KUT, 301 6th Ave. 10014 (withdrawn-will resubmit for October agenda)
- Clean Table, LLC, d/b/a TBd, 28 7th Ave. 10014
- Random, LLC, d/b/a Chit Chat, 268 Bleecker St. 10014 (Wine Bar and outdoor patio/deck space (laid over)
- 62 Greenwich, LLC, d/b/a Greenwich Steak House FG, 62 Greenwich Ave. 10011 (OP – Restaurant)
- Eric Cerato, d/b/a Le Garage Corp., 97-99 7th Ave. South 10011 (OP Withdrawn)
- Mazi Hospitality Group, LLC, d/b/a N/A, 9 Jones St. 10014 (OP – Restaurant with live music/DJs)
- Grey Lady West, LLC, d/b/a Grey Lady, 173 7th Ave. So. 10014 (OP – Restaurant) (withdrawn)
- Super Noriega, LLC, d/b/a Baby Brasa, 173 7th Ave. South 10014 (OP – Restaurant)
- Kubbeh LLC, d/b/a N/A, 464 Avenue of the Americas 10012 (OP – Restaurant)
Mangia Bene, LLC, d/b/a Paradiso, 135 7th Ave. S. 10014 (OP – Restaurant) (withdrawn)
Chenault Spence, Chair
Thurs., 9/15 @ 6:30 PM- Judson Church (Assembly Hall), 239 Thompson St.
- *327 W. 4th St. - Application is to convert a multi-family dwelling to a single-family dwelling, construct rooftop addition, perform excavation, alter rear facade and replace windows.
- *19-23 Commerce St. – Application is to legalize a storefront alteration, storefront replacement, installation of two awnings, and installation of a bracket sign with light fixtures without LPC permits. (laid over)
- *16 W. 9th St. – Application is to add a bluestone area way to the front of the building, enclose the areaway with a concrete curb, black painted iron fence and gate and to install a black painted metal trash enclosure.
- *46 Carmine St. – Application is to renovate the 4th floor apartment to adda 5' deep rear terrace and a small AC compressor.
- *109 Spring St. – Application is to establish a Master Plan to install a painted wall sign on the east facing façade of the building.
- *486 Broadway - Application is to repair/restore the facade and modify the fire escape.
- *8 Perry St. – Application is to restore front door, stoop and railings to match adjacent historic stoop and railings, install new, visible, standing seam metal stair bulkhead at roof and metal roof railings, build full-width, brick, 3-story rear addition to replace partial-width 2-story addition.
- *568 Broadway – Application is to install a new elevator in an existing shaft, and enlarge the existing elevator bulkhead.
Tobi Bergman, Chair
Tues., 9/20 @ 6:30 PM- CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
Tobi Bergman, Chair
Thurs., 9/22 @ 6:30 PM- Scholastic Building, 557 Broadway, Auditorium
THE PUBLIC SESSION BEGINS AT 6:30 PM. SPEAKER’S CARDS WILL BE NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER 7:00 PM. Reports from the Chair, District Manager, Borough President, Standing Committees. INDIVIDUALS WHO CANNOT ATTEND ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT WRITTEN TESTIMONY IN ADVANCE TO THE BOARD OFFICE. WRITTEN TESTIMONY WILL BE PLACED INTO THE RECORD.
Sasha Greene, Chair
Tues., 9/27 @ 6:30 PM- CB 2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village
- Presentation by the The York City Department of Veterans Services (DVS), formally the Mayor’s Office of Veterans’ Affairs (MOVA)
ARTS & INSTITUTIONS
Robin Rothstein, Chair
Wed., 9/28 @ 6:30 PM- Little Red School House, 272 Sixth Ave. (corner of Bleecker St.), Auditorium
- A brief presentation by The Whitney Museum regarding the museum’s programming for children and seniors.
- An update from NYU regarding the progress of 181 Mercer and the Bleecker Street Open Space.
- *Presentation by The League of Independent Theater (LIT) regarding their current campaign to pass legislation to make unused city-owned property available in off-hours as affordable rehearsal and performance space.