Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD)
DYCD is committed to expanding opportunities for New York City’s young people. DYCD’s youth employment programs help young people to gain workplace experience and further their education.
- Adolescent Literacy Program - DYCD’s Adolescent Literacy Program is designed to help youth develop the reading and writing skills they need to succeed in middle school and beyond. The program offers students a chance to catch up during after school hours.
- Out of School Time Programs - The Out-of-School Time (OST) Program provides a mix of academic, recreational, and cultural activities for young people (grades K-12) after school, during holidays, and in the summer. Programs are free of charge and are located in every neighborhood across the city.
- Runaway and Homeless Youth Protection - DYCD funds programs to protect runaway and homeless youth and, whenever possible, reunite them with their families. They provide young people with the resources they need to get off the streets and stabilize their lives.
- Summer Youth Employment - The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) provides New York City youth between the ages of 14 and 24 with summer employment and educational opportunities.
- NYC Ladders for Leaders - NYC Ladders for Leaders is an innovative program that offers high school and college students the opportunity to participate in summer internships with some of the most dynamic corporations and businesses in New York City.
Learn about more DYCD Programs