Email a Friend Translate this Page Print This Page Text Size: Sm Med Lg
Follow us on Facebook
Connect with us on tumblr
Follow us on YouTube
Child Support  

Every child should be able to count on both parents for love and support. That’s true even when both parents do not live together or were never married to each other. It’s best to be involved with your child from birth, but it’s never too late to become a responsible and caring parent. Part of being a responsible parent is providing financial support for your children.

For more information about Child Support
If you have questions about the child support program, need assistance with your child support case, or need to provide additional information like a new employer or change of address:

New York State Child Support Customer Service Help line (888-208-4485), TTY- hearing impaired (888-875-9975) or visit the New York Child Support site.

There is also THE PARENT PLEDGE PROJECT, which has been set up to help you and your child’s other parent create child support and parenting agreements. These agreements will be done outside of the court through mediation. In a comfortable community-based setting, a trained mediator will listen to you and the other parent and assist you in choosing solutions that support both parents, and most importantly, your child. To find out more, click here.

New York City Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE)

Customer Service Walk-in Center:
151 West Broadway, 4th floor (between Worth and Thomas Streets)
New York, New York 10013
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.

or visit the NYC HRA website.

There are a variety of non-city programs, such as Catholic Charities and Forestdale, that can help dads with child support issues. For a more complete list, click here.