Email a Friend Translate this Page Print This Page Text Size: Sm Med Lg
Follow us on Facebook
Connect with us on tumblr
Follow us on YouTube
Employment & Training  

Whether you’re a dad already or a father-to-be, you’ll need employment to support your family. If you’re currently seeking employment, you can get help finding job openings, creating a resume, practicing interviewing and exploring career choices.

Workforce 1 Career Centers offer various services and workshops aimed at preparing you for a comprehensive job search and a new career. Workforce 1 Career Centers are located in all five boroughs and all services and workshops are at no cost to you. For more information, call 311 or visit the Workforce1 website.

You could also possibly find a job working for The City of New York, which offers its employees excellent opportunities to pursue rewarding careers, while serving fellow New Yorkers as public servants. For more information, go to NYC Careers.

Have you been ordered to pay child support by Family Court? Unable to pay because you’re unemployed or have a job that doesn’t pay enough? The Human Resource Administration’s (HRA) Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) Employment Opportunity Program (EOP) wants to help. You may qualify for a program to help you find a job through an HRA Back to Work program, to gain employment in various industries, such as auto repair, retail, security and real estate.

These services are FREE and you can call any program no matter which borough you live in. To access these services, contact the program directly and ask if you qualify for the Employment Opportunity Program through the OCSE.

America Works 
Brooklyn: 718-833-5042
Manhattan: 212-599-5627
Queens: 718-337-6365

Career & Educational Consultants
Brooklyn: 718-858-8500

Bronx: 718-993-8880

Federation Employment and Guidance Service 
Bronx: 718-742-2014
Brooklyn: 718-488-0100
Manhattan: 212-727-5000

Goodwill Industries 
Brooklyn: 718-246-4905

Harlem Congregations
for Community Improvement
Manhattan: 212-281-4887

Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation
Manhattan: 212-453-8300

Wildcat Service Corporation
Manhattan: 212-209-6000

There are plenty of non-city employment program providers, such as The Osborne Association and East Harlem Employment Services (STRIVE), which can also be contacted through here, to choose from. For a more complete list click here.