- Referral for psychiatric and/or medical examination
and ongoing care
- Assistance in obtaining and recertifying Medicaid,
Home Care, cash assistance benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
or Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits
- Applications for payment of rental and utility
- Petitioning Housing Court for Guardian ad Litem to assist with eviction
- Identification of alternative living arrangements
- Financial management of Social Security benefits
- Referrals to the NYPD and District Attorney to
address allegations of exploitation and abuse
- Heavy-duty cleaning services
- Petitioning Supreme Court for Community Guardians to manage financial and domestic affairs
Other APS Divisions
Division of Voluntary and Proprietary Homes for Adults (DVPHA)
The Division of Voluntary and Proprietary Homes for Adults (DVPHA) develops and monitors supervised housing for adults 18 years of age and older who are eligible for SSI or CA. These state-licensed private homes provide -- at a minimum -- meals, housekeeping and laundry.
For information on becoming a state-licensed DVPHA provider, call: 212-971-0142.
If you require information on placement in a DVPHA home, call: 212-971-2930.
Learn more about DVPHA Family-Type Homes for Adults
Division of Post Institutional Services (DOPIS) The Division of Post Institutional Services (DOPIS) assists patients who will be released or discharged from New York State Office of Mental Health facilities after in-patient care of five years or more. DOPIS staff helps patients to access programs and entitlements necessary to live independently in the community.
For additional information on the DOPIS program, call 212-971-2930.
APS works collaboratively
with community organizations that serve the APS client population. We invite
those we provide services for and those we work with to contact the APS at 330
West 34th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY, 10001, to share ideas and provide
feedback about our services.
If you would like more information on an active APS case, please call the correct borough office:
- Brooklyn Borough
- Bronx Borough Office 718-620-8880
- Manhattan North Borough
- Manhattan South Borough
- Queens Borough Office 718-883-8254
- Staten Island Borough Office 718-556-5846