Email a Friend
NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development
Contact HPD

By Phone

For general inquiries about HPD, call the City's Citizen Service Center 24/7 at 311. The 311 Center can be accessed outside of New York City by dialing (212) NEW YORK. For the hearing impaired, the TTY number is 212-504-4115.


You may also consider the following sources for frequently-sought assistance:

On rent control and rent stabilization: visit the Web site of the New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal or call 311.

On building plans, Certificates of Occupancy, elevators: visit the Web site of the New York City Department of Buildings or call 311.

On noise: call 311 to file a complaint with the New York City Department of Environmental Protection.

On reporting an apartment maintenance problem, call 311. HPD does not accept apartment maintenance complaints on-line.

You can also review HPD's Frequently Asked Questions.

I am a...
Learn About...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
View Site Map