Email a Friend
NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development
Contact HPD

Contact HPD

Please click here to find an HPD location

Before contacting HPD, please consider the following sources for frequently-sought assistance:


On rent control and rent stabilization:
Visit the New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal or call the City's Citizen Service Center 24/7 at 311 (311 can be accessed outside of New York City by dialing (212) NEW YORK).

On building plans, Certificates of Occupancy, elevators:
Visit the New York City Department of Buildings or call 311.

On noise:
Call 311 to file a complaint with the New York City Department of Environmental Protection.

On reporting an apartment maintenance problem:
Call the City's Customer Service Center 24/7 at 311 or using 311online. For the hearing impaired, the TTY number is 212-504-4115.

You can also review HPD's Frequently Asked Questions.

You may contact HPD in various ways:

Visit HPD:
100 Gold Street
New York, NY 10038

By subway:
-take the 4/5/6 to Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall;
-the 2/3 to Fulton Street;
-the A/C to the Broadway/Nassau Street station;
-the N/R to City Hall station and walk east across City Hall Park;
-the J/Z/M to Chambers Street

By bus:
Buses that stop nearby include the M1, M6, M9, M10, M15, M22, M101, and M102.

By car:
HPD is located directly east of Pace University, at the intersection of Gold and Frankfort Streets. If you are driving, take the East River Drive to the Brooklyn Bridge/Civic Center exit.

Is the New York City residential building you own in need of repairs? You can e-mail HPD loan experts to discuss how we can help you address your building's needs with a variety of low-interest loans.

Would you like to ask HPD a question about the HPDOnline application concerning housing maintenance code violations in residential buildings?

Give feedback about the HPD Web site

E-mail the commissioner

For general inquiries, call 311.
Media inquiries, call (212) 863-6300.

I am a...
Learn About...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
View Site Map