|Blanca Chano and Drs. Adrian Roznowski and Gladys Lee-Hwang of Metropolitan Hospital welcome Dante Jeremiah Chano, first HHC baby of 2012.|
Kings County Hospital Center’s first baby of 2012, Zaire Greene, with proud parents Shanique Hollis and Lamont Greene.
Mother-to-be Blanca Chano missed the ball drop at Times Square. She was welcoming the new year just a bit further uptown, at Metropolitan Hospital, where she gave birth to HHC’s first baby of 2012. Weighing in at 8 lbs 5 oz., baby Dante Jeremiah Chano was born at exactly two minutes after midnight and will be the first of more than 20,000 babies expected to be born at a HHC hospitals this year. Dante's birth follows a family tradition. Siblings Adrian Justis (age 10), Brianna Justine (4), and Chastity Jaylene (1) were all born at Metropolitan Hospital. HHC welcomes Baby Chano and all the HHC First Babies of 2012.
- Metropolitan 12:02 a.m. Dante Jeremiah Chano, Male, 8 lb. 5oz.
- Woodhull 12:06 a.m. Stanislaw Paluch, Male, 7 lb., 2 oz.
- Harlem 12:43 a.m. Scott Thomas, Male, 5lb., 8 oz.
- Kings County 1:07 a.m. Baby Boy Zaire Greene, 5lbs, 6oz.
- Bellevue 1:21 a.m. Baby Girl Stephanie, 6lb., 8oz.
- North Central Bronx 2:36 a.m. Baby Girl, 7 lb. 5 oz.
- Coney Island 2:47 a.m. Baby Boy Parveen, 6lb., 10oz.
- Elmhurst 4:00 a.m. Baby Boy Hibbert, 7 lb., 2 oz.
- Lincoln 4:03 a.m. Baby Girl, 6lb., 6oz.
- Queens 6:59 a.m. Iorin McFarlane, Male, 7 lb.
- Jacobi 1:58 p.m. Baby Castillo, Male, 8lb., 1 oz.