HHC’s interests in the future landscape of Medicaid reform will be well represented as numerous healthcare leaders throughout the organization have been appointed to serve on the New York State Medicaid Redesign Team (MRT) workgroups. Charged by Governor Cuomo to find ways to reduce costs and increase quality and efficiency in the Medicaid program, the MRT delivered its first report to the Governor and Legislature this spring. The workgroups will now begin to review various elements of the Medicaid program to advance recommendations that will inform the development of the 2012-13 State Budget. HHC Leaders on MRT work groups include:
- MetroPlus President Dr. Arnold Saperstein on Basic Benefit Review
- Chief Financial Officer Marlene Zurack on Payment Reform and Quality Measurement
- Queens Health Network Senior Vice President Dr. Ann Sullivan on Behavioral Health Reform
- HHC Board Member Robert Doar, Commissioner of the NYC Human Resource Administration, on Program Streamlining and State/Local Responsibilities
- LaRay Brown, Senior Vice President for Corporate Planning, Community Health and Intergovernmental Relations, on Health Disparities and Affordable Housing
- Lauren Johnston, Corporate Chief Nursing Officer, on Workforce Flexibility and Scope of Practice.