Farmers markets will offer fresh fruits and vegetables this summer at several HHC hospital campuses, making healthy food available in communities where residents don’t always have access to fresh produce at reasonable prices. Stop by one of these markets this summer:
- Metropolitan Hospital Center: Market located at 99th Street and Third Avenue. July 8- Nov. 18. Fridays 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Jacobi Hospital Center: Market located at 1400 Pelham Parkway. June through Mid-November. Now open. Tuesdays 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- North Central Bronx Hospital: Market located at Mosholu Parkway North and Jerome Avenue. July 6 through mid- November. Wednesdays 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Lincoln Hospital: Market located at 149th Street between Morris and Park Avenues. July 5 – November. Tuesdays and Fridays 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Coney Island Hospital: Market located on Ocean Parkway between Avenues Z and Shore Road. June 17 – November. Fridays 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Queens Hospital Center: Market located at 82-70 164th Street. All year round. Thursdays 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Elmhurst Hospital Center: Market located at 41st Avenue between 80th & 81st Streets. July 12-November. Tuesdays 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.