New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation Facebook Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. THE CONTEST: The “Dedicate a Mammogram Contest” (“Contest”) is sponsored by the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (“Sponsor”).This Contest is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”). By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the contest, as determined by Sponsor and its agents, are final in all respects. The contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to New York City residents who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry. A New York City resident is defined as having a place of residence in the five boroughs of the New York City in the state of New York including Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and The Bronx. Employees (and their immediate household or family members) of the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation ("Sponsor") and any other New York City agency, and of their affiliates and subsidiaries, and of any advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated with this Contest, are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited and outside New York City.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on May 1, 2013, and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on May 31, 2013 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received on or before the time stated during the Contest Period. Sponsor reserves the right to extend or shorten the contest at their sole discretion.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible participants can enter the Contest through the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation's Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/NYChhc, during the Contest Period. Participants can find the entry form by clicking on the “Dedicate a Mammogram Contest” tab on the Sponsor’s Facebook page. Entrants must “like” the Sponsor’s Facebook page and fill out all required fields to participate, including who they are dedicating a mammogram to and why in 150 words or less. After submitting the required information on the entry form, the entrants will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Creating multiple Facebook accounts to enter will void each Entry and the Entrant.
5. JUDGING PERIOD: The Judging Period will begin at 2:00:00 PM EST on June 3rd, 2013 and end at 4:59:00 PM EST on or about June 12th, 2013. The Sponsors will appoint a panel of judges consisting of:
Beth Rodway, American Cancer Society
Melissa Henry, Queens Medical Center
Ruth Hunt, Bellevue Medical Center
Carolyn Dunn, New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation
Katarina Madej, New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation
6. WINNER SELECTION: The panel of judges will select one winning entry (the "Finalist") in its sole discretion from among all of the entries. All entries will be judged based on the following criteria, in the sole discretion of the panel of judges:
(a) appeal of the composition;
(b) overall quality of the entry; and
(c) relevance of subject matter.
The Entry with the highest overall ranking will be the winning Finalist.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE COMPETITION.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Announcement that the winner was selected will be sent to the email address supplied on the contest entry form. Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his or her email account for notification and receipt or other communications related to this contest. The winner will be announced by June 19, 2013 on or about noon EST.
A winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining entries if (1) a winner does not respond to the Sponsor’s notice within 24 hours; (2) a winner does not claim his or her prize within fifteen (15) days of the first notification attempt; (3) a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (4) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (5) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined. The Sponsors are not responsible for notifications that are misdirected, addresses that are no longer correct, or for any other reason beyond the control of the Sponsors. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements for the Contest, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared a "winner" of the Contest. Upon the request of the Sponsor, the potential winner may be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Prize Acceptance Form and IRS W-9 form. If a potential winner fails to comply with these official rules, that potential winner will be disqualified. Prizes may not be awarded if an insufficient number of eligible entries are received.
8. PRIZE: The winner of the contest will receive a 16 GB Apple mini iPad with Wi-Fi access. Maximum value is $329.
Terms and conditions may apply. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the prize winner. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE IS SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
9. ADDITIONAL LIMITATIONS: Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. Sponsor and its respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, agents, and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize. Any attempt to damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to possible legal action by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the Contest, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if Sponsor determines that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest. In the event any tampering or unauthorized intervention may have occurred, Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue. Sponsor and its respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, agents, and representatives, and any telephone network or service providers, are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, the inability to access any website or online service or any other error, human or otherwise.
10. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: The New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation does not claim any ownership rights in your Entry. By entering the Contest using the entry form, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and grant the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation a non-exclusive, fully paid-up and royalty-free, worldwide license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate your Entry, including without limitation the right to distribute all or part of your Entry in any media formats through any media channels in perpetuity.
By submitting an Entry, you consent to the use, by the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, and licensees, of your name, likeness, and image, in connection with the Contest and the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation’s related marketing activities, in any media or format now known or hereafter invented, in any and all locations, without any payment to or further approval from you. You agree that this consent is perpetual and cannot be revoked.
You acknowledge that the Contest is not sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Facebook, and that your Entry is being provided to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. You agree that nothing in these Rules grants you a right or license to use the Sponsors’ names or trademark.
11. WARRANTIES: By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that your Entry:
1. is your own original work;
2. does not contain material that is, in the Sponsors’ sole judgment, obscene, inappropriate for a general audience that may include minors, or defamatory;
3. does not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other rights of any person or entity;
4. does not contain malicious code, such as viruses, timebombs, cancelbots, worms, Trojan horses or other potentially harmful programs or other material or information;
5. does not feature the name of a private individual without that individual’s explicit written permission for its use;
6. does not and will not violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation; and
7. does not trigger any reporting or royalty obligation to any third party.
You further represent and warrant that the rights that you are granting under these Official Rules do not conflict in any way with any other agreement to which you are a party, or with any commitments, restrictions, or obligations that you are under to any other person or entity.
12. INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, THE FACEBOOK PLATFORM, ADMINISTRATOR, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THAT ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE THAT MAY BE WON. SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE PRIZE. SPONSOR AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST.
13. CONTEST SPONSOR:
This Contest is sponsored by:
New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation
125 Worth Street
New York, NY 10013
Any questions regarding this Contest should be directed to “Dedicate a Mammogram Contest” at email@example.com.