- The building(s) borough, block and lot numbers
- Contact name
- Contact email address or telephone number
- Reason for dispute with your correct square footage
Your property(ies)' status(es) can change from year to year, so be sure to review the newest Covered Buildings List every year. A new list is typically made available every February.
Please note that building owners are also notified of their property(ies)' requirement to comply in advance every November in their property tax bills prior to when the covered buildings list is posted online. If you are not receiving your property tax bills at the correct address or your address is incorrect on the covered buildings list, please update your address here.
2. Collect whole building energy data (and water data, if eligible) from utilities.Visit the Energy and Water Data page for more information.
3. Measure and record your energy and water usage in Portfolio Manager®.
If you are unfamiliar with using Portfolio Manager®, you are strongly encouraged to study the training materials. Visit the Resources page for additional Portfolio Manager® assistance.
4. Submit usage data to the City by May 31* through Portfolio Manager®.
To complete the benchmarking process, the City's reporting template must be used in Portfolio Manager® to share your data with the City. Access the latest template below to save it to your Portfolio Manager® account, and follow these instructions to submit.
*The 2016 benchmarking deadline has been extended to May 31 due to numerous issues impacting building owners' ability to benchmark by May 1.
2016 Reporting Template
2016 Submission Instructions (in PDF)
Other LL84 Links
Energy and Water Data
Deadlines and Violations
Data Disclosure and Reports
NYC Benchmarking Help Center
[back to top]