In 2009, New York City's 11 largest hospital organizations accepted the NYC Carbon Challenge, which include more than 41 individual hospitals and dozens of clinics and outpatient centers. Since then, the participating hospitals have achieved a 15 percent reduction in carbon emissions per square foot, saving millions of dollars and demonstrating their commitment to improve public health and quality of life for all New Yorkers. In addition, one hospital has already met the 30 percent goal.
- Continuum Health Partners
- Health and Hospitals Corporation*
- NYU Lutheran Medical Center
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center*
- Montefiore Medical Center*
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
- NYU Langone Medical Center*
*Hospitals committed to the 50 percent reduction goal by 2025
Learn how one hospital has already met the 30 percent reduction goal:
Tools for Hospitals
Are you a hospital administrator? Use these tools to begin reducing energy use and emissions from your hospital!