FIRE ALARM INSPECTION UNIT (FAIU)
ABOUT THE FAIU
ABOUT THE FIRE ALARM INSPECTION UNIT
The Fire alarm inspection unit ensures the safe and lawful use of over 975,000 buildings and properties by enforcing the City's Building Code, Electrical Code and Fire Code related to Fire Alarm System. Our main activities include performing Fire Alarm Inspections as per Fire Alarm Plan approval & issuing Letter of Defect, Letter of Recommendation, Violation Order & Summonses. We conduct re-inspections on outstanding Letter of Defects, Violation Orders and Summonses. In all our activities, our focus is on safety, service and integrity.
Business Owner's Bill of Rights
The FDNY encourages business owners to view the Business Owner's Bill of Rights. The rights include consistent enforcement of agency rules, fair inspections and great customer service.
Read the Business Owner's Bill of Rights
- B-45M, REQUEST FOR INSPECTION
- B-45A, OVERTIME REQUEST
- B-45B, APPOINTMENT CANCELLATION FORM
- APPLICATION A-433
- FA-7, REQUEST FOR RECONSIDERATION
- FA-10, REQUEST FOR EXTENSION
- FA-11, INQUIRY
- FA-12, MANAGED FACILITIES VOICE NETWORKS (MFVN) CERTIFICATION FORM
- FA-14, AFFIDAVIT OF COMPLIANCE
- FA-15, FIRE ALARM CERTIFICATION
- FA-16, TEMPORARY WORK PERMIT
- FA-18, EXPEDITED SERVICE REQUEST (5-DAY)
FAIU INFORMATION SYSTEM
REFERENCE MATERIALS BULLETINS
Fire Department issues Bulletins, the new format for notices that represent official policies. Bulletins assist our customers and employees.