Effective February 14, 1990 the FDNY began expanding the
verification requirements for new Fire Safety Director candidates.
We will be verifying all duties associated with fire related
experience covering any prior five years. For each employer,
an individual affidavit will be required.
This means that if you worked for:
- your current company for 2 years and worked for
a previous company for 3 years, two affidavits are
- your current company for 5 years, one affidavit
- your current company for 1 year, one previous employer
for 2 years, and another previous employer for 1 year,
three affidavits are required;
- your current company for 2 years, one previous
employer for 3 years, and another previous employer
for 5 years, two affidavits are required.
Administratively, we have taken the following actions:
- time period of 30 days for submitting all documents
has been extended to 45 days;
- your present employer will be advised which experience
listed on the FSD application is acceptable as "Fire
Related". This will eliminate obtaining non pertinent
- all previous employer's affidavits may be submitted
directly by the employer to the FDNY or may be first forwarded
to you. You may then forward the affidavit to the FDNY.
here for verification letter. (117 KB)
[ Main Certificate of
Fitness Page ]