- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have a reasonable understanding of English.
- You must bring a letter of recommendation from your
present or future employer
here for sample designation Letter (Z-59)
format - 10 KB)
here for sample of Recommendation Letter for Employees
format - 165 KB)
Click here for Self Employment Letter
format - 7 KB)
Click here for AIP Applicant Affirmation Form
format - 382 KB)
The letter must be on your present or future employer's
letterhead and must contain the following information:
- Full name of applicant.
- Applicant's experience for the Certificate of Fitness
that he/she is applying for.
- Address of the building where certificate
is to be used (if premise related).
- Information relative to habits, character
and physical condition of applicant.
If self-employed; bring in a notarized written
statement containing the information in letters "a" through "d" above.
- In limited cases, original tests are permitted
without letters of recommendation and is only intended
for job seeking purposes. However, a letter from
an employer will be required before any certificate
is issued. Call (718) 999-1986 for specific information.
- If applying for a standpipe or sprinkler system
certificate for a specific location, you
must bring in a sketch or plan of the system for
certificate will apply.
- If applying for certificate for blaster,
you must bring in evidence of experience
in handling high
- For further information
call (718) 999-1988.
- You must provide 2 pieces of
identification bearing a photograph issued from a
agency – Driver’s
License, Passport or other acceptable proof.
[ Main Certificate of
Fitness Page ]