DYCD is pleased to launch a
new online application system. The online process is designed to:
- Reduce the time it takes to complete the application
- Eliminate the need for current program participants to resubmit
proof of eligibility.
- The online application replaces the paper
The Youth Group Subway Transportation Program provides youth-serving
organizations with free New York City subway passes for educational and
recreational trips. DYCD administers the program in conjunction with MTA New
York City Transit. Eligible organizations receive group subway passes and
certificates to use during designated days and times on New York City
organizations and schools that provide services to youth ages 5 through 18. New
applicants are required to verify their non-profit status and provide
information on the services they provide.
are valid on New York City subways only and will not be accepted on buses. The
certificates may be utilized:
- Monday through Friday, 9:00 am-4:00 pm and 7:00 pm-11:30
- Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 am-11:30 pm
- Year-round, including holidays
Note: New York
City Transit will not honor passes on weekdays before 9:00 am and between
the hours of 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm.
All participating organizations must adhere to the guidelines or be
subject to removal from the program.
For additional information, please contact:
Department of Youth and
Tel: 800-246-4646 or 212-227-4005 (outside of