DYCD is pleased to launch a new online application system. The online process is designed to:
- Reduce the time it takes to complete the application
- Eliminate the need for current program participants to resubmit proof of eligibility
- The online application replaces the paper application
The Youth Group Subway Transportation Program provides youth-serving organizations with free New York City subway certificates for educational and recreational trips. DYCD administers the program in conjunction with MTA New York City Transit. Eligible organizations receive group certificates for free transportation to use during designated days and times on the New York City Transit System and Staten Island Railway.
Eligibility: Non-profit organizations and schools that provide services to youth ages 5 through 24. New applicants are required to verify their non-profit status and provide information on the services they provide.
Use: Certificates are valid on the New York City Transit System and Staten Island Railway only and will not be accepted on buses. The certificates may be utilized:
- Monday through Friday, 9:00 am-4:00 pm and 7:00 pm-11:30 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 am-11:30 pm
- Year-round, including holidays
Note: New York City Transit will not honor passes on weekdays before 9:00 am and between the hours of 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm.
All participating organizations must adhere to the guidelines or be subject to removal from the program.
Download The Youth Group Subway Transportation Program flyer (in PDF)
Download Program Guidelines (in PDF)