Car Free Earth Day (Broadway)
- NYC is opening streets to allow for greater social distancing during the COVID-19 crisis. Visit nyc.gov/openstreets to find a location near you.
- Please check back soon for updates related to Car Free Earth Day.
Car Free Earth Day Broadway Background
Car Free Earth Day is an annual car-free event, held the weekend before or after Earth Day (April 22). The Event opens thirty blocks of Broadway from Times Square to Union Square for people to explore on foot during event hours, 9 am to 3 pm.
Programming is presented at six rest stops:
- Times Square (42nd Street and Broadway)
- Garment (38th Street and Broadway)
- Herald Square (34th Street and Broadway)
- City Zone (26th Street and Broadway)
- Flatiron (23rd Street and Broadway)
- Union Square (17th Street and Broadway)
Visit NYC DOT’s Flickr for images of past Car Free Earth Day events, www.flickr.com/nycstreets.