Travel Advisory for the Grand Central Parkway
Release # 06-26
Friday April 21, 2006
The New York City Department of Transportation announced intermittent full lane closures of the eastbound Grand Central Parkway (GCP) from Monday, April 24th through Saturday, April 29th. The closures are necessary to install structural steel girders for the new Steinway Street bridges over the Grand Central Parkway. The ramp at 33rd Street leading to the east bound GCP will be closed during the same overnight periods. The full closures of the GCP will be limited to one 15-minute interval per hour.
The work schedule and hours are listed below.
PLEASE NOTE: During these closures, the temporary Steinway Street Bridge will remain open to two lanes of northbound traffic.
- Monday, April 24th: 11:00 pm - 6:00 am (April 25)
- Wednesday, April 26th: 12:01 am - 6:00 am
- Thursday, April 27th: 12:01 am - 6:00 am
- Friday, April 28th: 12:01 am - 6:00 am
- Saturday, April 29th: 12:01 am - 6:00 am
Contact: Kay Sarlin (212) 442-7033