Motorists & Parking
Procedure to Deduct All the Value from a NYC Parking Card
When a NYC Parking Card has a remaining value lower than what is needed to park, the card value can be combined with coins for any transaction. Therefore, the card's value can always be fully used.
Please have the card and all needed coins ready at the beginning of the transaction. note: If more than the allowed time (approximately 40 seconds) passes between the card payment and the coin insertion, the payment will NOT be combined.
- Insert NYC parking card into the meter
- Press blue button to deduct payment increments from card, until there is a zero balance
- Leave the card in the meter
- Insert coins as needed to purchase the full amount of parking time desired
- Press green button for receipt & Parking Card will be returned for your disposal
- If Pay-N-Display facility, display receipt on dashboard
Please properly discard NYC parking cards and receipts.