Message from the Borough Commissioner
Welcome to Lower Manhattan.
We hope that you find this webpage useful for information and communication on construction projects in Lower Manhattan including schedule updates on project, anticipated roadway closures and special events.
Our office is here to facilitate and coordinate construction projects in Lower Manhattan while minimizing related impacts to the residential and business community. We work with our sister city agencies (Department of Design and Construction, Department of Buildings, Department of Environmental Protection, and Parks) to coordinate enforcement and ensure compliance with safety. We work with the New York Police Department on enforcement for traffic violations such as double parking, bus idling and illegal parking, unauthorized lane and roadway closures. Our office also works with our major partners such as the Port Authority of NY & NJ, New York State Department of Transportation and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority on construction coordination issues. Our goal is to maintain pedestrian and traffic safety and the quality of life in Lower Manhattan while allowing construction to progress in a safe and expeditious manner.
If you have any questions, concerns, or issues to raise, please do not hesitate to contact us through the DOT Lower Manhattan weblink, 311 or through your Community Board.
Luis Sanchez, PE
Lower Manhattan Borough Commissioner
For specific details of all the Lower Manhattan Construction projects, please check the minutes under Construction Coordination
For general agency updates on projects, please check Bi-weekly Community
For a monthly map of all the construction projects, please check Maps
Upcoming Closures will be updated Tuesdays and FridaysBaxter St (Hogan Place and Bayard Street) – Oct 15 - Dec 31
6 pm – 2 am nightly – the closure is to hoist and erect material and miscellaneous equipment to 100 Centre St. It is for everyday crane operations. After working hours, they will maintain 11’ roadway and 5’ on sidewalk.115 Nassau St – Weekdays Nov 24, 2014 - Feb 24, 2015 and Weekends Dec 6, 2014 - Dec 27, 2014
Due to the small roadways, the purpose of these closures is to allow for construction operations to continue, from concrete pours, to material deliveries to jumping the tower crane. The closures will be utilized only when needed, which will be multiple times per week and most weekends.115 Nassau St - Nov 24, 2014 - Feb 24, 2015 (weekdays)
- Nassau St (Ann St and Beekman St), will be closed to through traffic Monday-Friday from 7 am - 10 pm.
- Nassau St( Ann St and Fulton St), will be closed to through traffic Monday-Friday from 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm.
- Ann St (Broadway and Nassau St), will be closed to through traffic Monday-Friday from 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm.
- Theater Alley(Ann St and Beekman St), will be closed to through traffic Monday-Friday from 7 am - 6 pm.
- Theater Alley will not be closed while the other closures are in place.
- Nassau St(Ann St and Beekman St), will be closed to through traffic Saturday 12/6/14 & 12/27/14 from 8 am - 6 pm.
- Nassau St (Ann St and Beekman St), will be closed to through traffic Friday-Monday, 12/12/14-12/15/14 & 12/19/14-12/22/14 from 7 am Friday - 5 am Monday.
- Local and emergency traffic will be permitted to enter all blocks from both ends.
Major AnnouncementsBrooklyn Bridge Rehabilitation Project - No additional full weekend closures are schedule this year. World Trade Center Campus Security Plan Implementation – Oct 27
Special EventsFor upcoming events and construction embargo, please click here
NYS DOT - Route 9A