- IT Infrastructure Services
- Network Operations
- Network infrastructure
- Data communications connectivity
- Voice/telephone services
- IT Service Delivery
- Supplies reliable, high-quality IT Services, emphasizing effectiveness, and a customer focus.
- IT Service Management
- Generates IT Services metrics and employs enhanced reporting tools to create transparency and accessibility for all appropriate stakeholders.
- IT Systems
- Provides system design, build, deployment, and senior support services for critical infrastructure platforms including Unix, Linux, Windows, Messaging, Collaboration, and Virtualization systems.
- Data Management and Protection
- Provides cutting edge technology in the fields of database, storage, and backup while ensuring the security of all types of data.
- Data Center Planning
- Designs, builds, and maintains state-of-the-art data centers that support the City's current and future needs.
- Provides state-of-the-art mainframe infrastructure on a 24x7 basis for more than 40 City agencies running nearly 200 business applications, including planning, procuring, installing, customizing, and tuning the mainframe infrastructure.
- Modernizes and optimizes the City's IT Infrastructure environment - consolidates disparate data centers, reduces the City's infrastructure footprint, and provides a unified set of shared services to City entities.
- Wireless Technologies
- Preserves and enhances the City's mission critical communications through access to reliable, resilient, and secure wireless voice and broadband data technologies.
- Provides leadership in development and implementation of long-range wireless communications strategies.
- Supports regional interoperable communications initiatives through partnerships.
- IT Security
- Ensures the overall security of the City's data and information technology assets.
- Centrally-managed security services (perimeter firewalls, intrusion detection, an industry-standard 3-Tier hosting model for Internet applications with layered security and citywide malware/spyware protection)
- Project Management Office
- Manages diverse portfolio of technology projects serving City agencies.
- Applies industry-recognized practices to help guide and implement these projects, and strives to decrease costs while delivering the highest-quality products for all customers.
Application Development Management
- Enterprise Application Services
- Creates technical solutions by designing, developing, and supporting applications to meet the business needs of all customers.
- Identifies and deploys overarching capabilities for common, citywide business functions across numerous channels using key enterprise technologies and tools.
- Web and New Media Operations
- Coordinates news and information to New Yorkers through the City's existing and emerging media channels, including Web, mobile applications, and other platforms.
- Expands the use of technology to support economic development initiatives
- Develops new and innovative methods for deploying Web and other new media tools for outreach and citizen engagement.
- Strategic Technology Development
- Works closely with the Chief Digital Officer to advance the City's use and presence in the area of web and social media including a new and revitalized NYC.gov.
Governance and External Affairs
- Communications and External Affairs
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Liaises between DoITT, City Hall, and other City, state and federal agencies, offices, and officials; prepares agency testimony; and formulates responses to proposed and pending technology and telecommunications legislation.
- Press Office
- Drafts speeches and remarks for the DoITT Commissioner and other executive staff members for public events; prepares agency press releases marking significant accomplishments and achievements; and coordinates and presents responses to press/media inquiries.
- Policy and Planning
- Guides DoITT’s strategic direction by working with agency stakeholders to develop priorities and indicators to ensure that agency goals are consistently being met in an effective and efficient manner.
- Conducts operational and process improvement exercises based on the assessment of the indicators.
- Supports existing and emerging reporting tools and communicates DoITT's performance measures and progress through dashboards and mandated publications, including Citywide Performance Reporting and the Mayor's Management Report.
Financial Management and Administration
- Finance and Vendor Management
- Develops policies and procedures for instituting vendor accountability, and ensures that the City is receiving the level of quality and value expected from the vendor community.
- Upholds the agency's efforts to research and create new enterprise contracting opportunities, leveraging the City's buying power to provide high-quality, cost-effective services for City agencies, businesses, and the public.
- Strategic Partnerships and Business Development
- Enhances collaboration and communication between internal stakeholders-such as City CIOs and the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS)-with the local IT community and external stakeholders, including jurisdictions regionally, nationally, and globally.
- Partners with these stakeholders to attract, retain, and train a skilled IT workforce to support New York City's world-class computing environment
Office of the Special Counsel
- Human Resources
- Seeks to attract, develop, and support a diverse workforce within a collaborative work environment.
- Administers employment status, assists supervisors with hiring, maintains accurate and confidential records, and ensures compliance with citywide employment and benefits policies with special attention to civil service law.
Office of the General Counsel to DoITT
The Office of the General Counsel's mission is to provide professional-quality legal services to all areas of DoITT on matters with legal significance for the management and operation of the agency.
- Franchise Administration
- Focuses on Public Pay Telephone (PPT), Mobile Telecom and Cable Television franchises, working to achieve the most favorable service conditions for New Yorkers and enforcing franchisee compliance with contract terms and applicable laws.
- Ensures both the enhancement of mobile phone and other wireless communications services and that franchises maintain the operability, cleanliness, and safety of their facilities.
- Encourages the deployment of advanced wireless technologies and ensures that quality video and information services are available to every household throughout the five boroughs.
- Telecommunications Policy & Strategy
- Coordinates the development of a long-range, integrated strategy for both the wired and wireless networks managed by DoITT.
- Organizes the City's efforts to increase public access to broadband technologies through public computer centers, school programs, and expansion of wireless broadband access in parks.
- Represents DoITT on contract issues with carriers and advances the agency's key carrier relationships and regulatory initiatives.
Office of Equal Employment Opportunity
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Responsible for the intake, investigation, and resolution of workplace disputes. The unit specializes in discrimination, harassment, hostile work environment, and retaliation complaints, and works to address employee-related concerns effectively, discreetly, and professionally.