Translate This Page Print This Page Email a Friend Newsletter Sign-Up
Text Size : Sm Med Lg

Restaurant Inspections
Settling Violations

As a result of an inspection, the Health Department may issue violations to the restaurant. Owners can dispute these violations at the NYC Office of Administrative Trial and Hearings (OATH) Health Tribunal. If you would like to receive a copy of the full inspection report by mail, call the NYC Citizen Service Center at 311. Some cases can be settled online.

Settling health violations online

computerThe Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings (OATH) offers settlements to food service establishments that have been issued Notices of Violation (NOV) by a Department of Health inspector. In order to settle, the owner of the food service establishment must admit that the violations alleged in the NOV existed at the time of the inspection. 
Learn more about settling health violations online


Health code violations

court of law On July 5, 2011, the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Administrative Tribunal was transferred to the Office of Administrative Trial and Hearings (OATH), an independent agency. Notices of Violation that had been heard at the Administrative Tribunal are now heard at the OATH Health Tribunal. The location has not changed. To respond to a Notice of Violation, follow the instructions provided with the notice. For more information visit The Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings (OATH).


Learn More About