What are Mobile Treatment Teams?
Mobile Treatment Teams have both people with lived experience and clinicians who are specially trained to go to your home or another place of choice to help you and your family/network of choice manage your crisis. The teams work primarily through “Network Meetings” held between the individual and their network for the purpose of resolving any present crisis, and seeking long-term, positive change that includes solutions to minimize crises in the future. To the extent possible, engagement is conducted in natural settings, such as the individual’s home, though some services may occur in the program office.
Who is eligible for Mobile Treatment Team services?
Parachute NYC Mobile Treatment Teams are open to all New Yorkers who meet these basic eligibility criteria:
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Reside in the boroughs of Manhattan, Bronx or Queens
- Voluntarily seeks or accepts services
- Have a diagnosis of serious mental illness, or probable diagnosis of a serious mental illness (such as schizophreniform disorder or psychosis NOS);
- Voluntarily seek or accept services
- Have at least one member of their support network willing to participate in network meetings (this person cannot a paid professional).
- Does not have a diagnosis of dementia, organic brain disorder, TBI, or MR
How can someone get in touch with a Mobile Treatment Team?
Referrals to Parachute NYC may go centrally to 1-800-LIFENET (1-800-543-3638).
English: 1-800-LIFENET (1-800-543-3638)
Spanish: 1-877-AYUDESE: (1-800-298-3373)
Chinese: 1800-ASIAN LIFENET: (1-800-990-8585)
Other languages 1-800-LIFENET: (1-800-543-3638)
TTY hard of hearing: (212-982-5384)
If you prefer to contact a Mobile Treatment Team directly, please call: