Please note that the information in the Registry is strictly confidential. Access to immunization records in the CIR is limited to licensed health care providers, parents or legal guardians/custodians, health officials and authorized agencies only. The CIR does not release any identifying information beyond that which is already known to the provider, parent, legal guardian/custodian or authorized agency.
Batch Requests for Records
Health plans, hospitals, private practitioners and authorized agencies that are responsible for immunizing children may request immunization records by submitting a list of children to be looked up in the Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR).
To request records for a list of children the following will be required:
All records found will be returned to the provider via fax or mail. Turnaround time depends on the size of the list submitted. Larger requests will be handled more easily using the automated Data Exchange Interface (DEI) (PDF).
- Mail or Fax the list of children. The list must be sent on organizational letterhead.
- Patient information must include: (1) patient's first name, last name, gender and date of birth and (2) additional identifiers, when available, such as address, telephone number, medicaid number, etc.
Correcting Immunization Records
Instructions for Providers:
Providers using the Online Registry can submit their requests for correcting immunization records in the “Modify History” section of the Online Registry. All other providers will need to send the following information to the CIR:
Mail or Fax the request accompanied by the corrected immunization record.
- A brief request for record correction on your facility or practice letterhead.
- A copy of the child’s immunization record with the incorrect information crossed out and the correct information written in.
See instructions for Parents/Guardians
back to top
Data Exchange Interface (DEI)This automated process allows health care providers and authorized agencies to request immunization records for a large number of children. Download and/or print the DEI Documents to enroll and for further instructions:
Online Access and Online ReportingOn-line access to your patients' records is available if you are registered with us. Please contact us for more information at (347) 396-2400. If you are already registered with the CIR and would like to report immunizations online, please visit our Online Reporting section in “How to Report”.
Parent/Guardian, or Individual AccessThe Citywide Immunization Registry allows parents/guardians to:
For more information see the Parent/Guardian Access page.
- enroll their child in the CIR
- obtain an official printed record of their child's immunizations and date of their last blood lead test
- correct and/or update their child's immunization record.
back to top
Telephone AccessProviders may request immunization records for patients by calling the Registry at (347) 396-2400 between 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. When requesting records the following information will be required:
- provider or facility name
- license number
- facility code
- patient first name
- last name
- date of birth
- additional identifiers, such as address, telephone number, medicaid number, etc.
If a record is found, it can be relayed verbally, faxed or mailed to the provider or facility.
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Citywide Immunization Registry
42-09 28th Street, 5th Floor, CN 21
Long Island City, NY 11101-4132
Phone: (347) 396-2400
FAX: (347) 396-2559
back to top
Last Updated 1/30/13