Translate This Page Print This Page Email a Friend Newsletter Sign-Up
Text Size : Sm Med Lg

Find Child Care

Choosing Child Care brochure

Choosing Child Care in New York City
[Español] [中文][Русский] [Creole] [ربي]

Choosing the Right Summer Camp for Your Child

Learn about Different Types of Child Care

Find out if your family is eligible for subsidized child care

We are dedicated to the protection of the health and safety of all children in New York City and recommend that you research the child care center you are interested in by reviewing its inspection history and visiting it to see if it will meet your child's needs.

The Department does not endorse any organization to which it issues a permit but it inspects them to ensure compliance with State and local regulations.

Search for a Child Care Center, School-Based Child Care or Summer Camp
Our directory lists the child care programs that have been issued permits by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. The directory is provided to help you locate a child care center in your area and review its history of inspections.

Sign up for free text and email messages to receive updates on your child care provider


Search for Home-Based or After-School Child Care
The New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) regulates all Family Day Care, Group Family Day Care, and after-school child care facilities in the City. The OCFS Child Care Facility provides detailed profiles of these child care facilities, including contact information, address, capacity, when it first opened and the current status of its license or registration.

Need more help?

For assistance in identifying or selecting a child care service, contact the New York City Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Consortium at (888) 469-5999. Their services include resources and referrals to help your family access quality child care.

To make a complaint about a child care site, call 311.

If you think a child may be at risk of child abuse or neglect, contact the New York State Child Abuse Hotline (State Central Register) at 1-800-342-3720.

If you believe that a child may be in immediate danger, call 911.

Additional Resources

Health Tips

Keep your child healthy and get help with paying for health care

Safety Tips

Keep your child safe at home and in child care


ACCESS NYC is a free service that identifies and screens for over 30 City, State and Federal human service benefit programs. You may also apply or renew online for some benefit programs at ACCESS NYC.


IDNYC is the new ID card for all New Yorkers. As a government-issued photo identification card, IDNYC secures the peace of mind and access to City services that come from having recognized identification.

Get Help for Domestic and Intimate Partner Violence

Learn more and get help online or call the City's Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-621-HOPE.