If you can answer yes to any of these questions, it is a good idea to get a test:
- Were you born between 1945 and 1965?
- Have you ever injected drugs, hormones, steroids, silicon or cosmetics - even if it was once a long time ago?
- Did you have a blood transfusion or organ transplant before 1992?
- Did you receive clotting factor concentrates for a bleeding disease before 1987?
- Are you HIV+?
- Were you born in Egypt, Pakistan, Russia or the former Soviet Republic?
- Did you have a blood transfusion or medical procedure in Egypt, Pakistan, Russia or the former Soviet Republic?
- Have you ever inhaled (snorted) drugs?
- Did your mother have hepatitis C when you were born?
- Have you ever gotten a tattoo or piercing from anyone other than a licensed professional?
- Have you had abnormal liver tests or been told you have liver disease?
- Have you ever been on long-term dialysis?
- Were you ever exposed to blood or stuck with a needle on the job?
- Have you ever been incarcerated?
► Back to More Hepatitis C Information