If you can answer yes to any of these questions, it is a good idea to get a test:
- Have you ever injected drugs, even once a long time ago?
- Have you shared any drug use equipment (needles, cookers, cotton, straws, pipes)?
- Did you get a blood transfusion, blood clotting factor, tissue or organ transplant before 1992?
- Have you ever been on hemodialysis?
- Are you HIV positive?
- Have you ever used a razor, toothbrush, or other household item that may have had blood or sexual fluids on it?
- Have you been diagnosed with a sexually transmitted disease of any kind (STD)?
- Have you had sex when blood passed from one person to the other?
- Have you ever been stuck with a needle or exposed to another person's blood on the job?
- Are you a veteran?
- Have you been incarcerated?
- Did your mother have Hepatitis C?
- Have you ever gotten a tattoo or piercing anywhere other than a licensed business?
- Do you have abnormal liver tests for unknown reasons?
- Have you been told you have hepatitis?
► Back to More Hepatitis C Information
Last Updated August 1, 2013