- Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. More than 3.5 million skin cancers in over two million people are diagnosed annually.
- Each year there are more new cases of skin cancer than the combined incidence of cancers of the breast, prostate, lung and colon.
- Over the past 31 years, more people have had skin cancer than all other cancers combined.
Protect Your Skin From the Sun
- Using SPF lotion consistently & reapplying when necessary prevents damage to the skin.
- Use sunglasses that block 99 to 100 percent of both UVA and UVB light. Ideally, they should also guard against HEV light. Learn more about protecting your eyes from the sun
- When outdoors wear a large hat to shade your face, neck and ears.
- Limit or avoid the sun from 10am to 4pm even on a cloudy day
Parents: Protect Your Children From the Sun
When you protect your children when they are young and you teach them good habits in the sun, you can substantially lower their risk of getting