The East Harlem Asthma Center of Excellence (EHACE) was
established to address the high rate of asthma hospitalizations among East Harlem’s children. EHACE provides an array of services to children with
What Services Does the Asthma Center Offer?
- The Center staff meets with you and assess your
child’s asthma-related needs
- If your child’s asthma is poorly controlled,
you will be assigned an asthma counselor to
work with you until your child’s asthma
is well controlled.
- The Center will help you learn:
- How to recognize your child’s asthma
symptoms and triggers
- How to follow an asthma action plan
- How to give your child asthma medications
and how to use a spacer and peak flow
- The Center runs support groups where you can talk
about the challenges you face in caring for
How can I get in touch with the Asthma Center?
You can visit the East Harlem Asthma Center at
161-169 Est 110 Street
(bet. Third & Lexington Aves.)
Hours: Mondays - Fridays, 9 am to 5 pm
► Learn more about the East Harlem Center of Excellence
► Learn more about asthma